• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 6/11 - Bob Evans 8700 Midlo Tnpk, 9:30 AM

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=2876448+type:mqid&ICID=mq_localoneclick&flv=1&vs=

Someone said they wanted to eat breakfast at Bob Evans because the sausages there were better than at River City Diner (don't tell Courtney or Brigit, OK?).

So we are going to gather at the Bob Evans at 8700 Midlothian Turnpike. It's about halfway between Chippenham Turnpike and Courthouse Road on the westbound side of Midlothian in front of the Gateway Office Park. If I remember correctly, it's just before the entrance to the Po-White Parkway.

By Saturday we should know for certain if anybody was arrested following the meet&greet with Henrico PD. There will also be some paperwork to review and comment on.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Major reprogramming of my super sensitive GPS will be required to venture out southside during the daylight hours. Will have to advise both Henrico and Chesterfield PD of my movements - wouldn't want any surprises.

Hope that my day pass will permit adequate time for the debriefing afterward.

Somebody tell Bob to get the coffee ready.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry Guys, as much as I'd like to video Chesterfield Tasing us....I'll be planting Sweet Potato's, sweating my butt off and ducking lightening bolts from the storms.

Ahhh, the quiet country life.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Skid; what time is this gathering? I need to go to Northern Tool.
Official starting time is 9:30 AM though someone always opens the gate a bit earlier. Seldom clear the lot until the lunch crowd pressures us to move on. So if you wanna eat and catch up, come on by - we'll be there.

riverrat10k

I think my aside started this mess. Skidmark, did I not meet you and Dale here one of the first few times we met? I remember IHOP, Awful Waffle, and I think, once here. Should we have a backup plan?

scouser

you do realize there is a Bob Evans on the (I was going to say 'civilized') side of town don't you? That might save some people the cost of buying a map (do they even exist anymore?) or updating their GPS.

(Tongue very firmly planted in cheek)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think my aside started this mess. Skidmark, did I not meet you and Dale here one of the first few times we met? I remember IHOP, Awful Waffle, and I think, once here. Should we have a backup plan?

May have been a long time ago. We always have a back up for our back up plan, though Bob Evans has never taken an unfavorable stance. Where that to occur, be assured someone will pull rear guard for at least half an hour. Cell phone roulette works too.

riverrat10k

you do realize there is a Bob Evans on the (I was going to say 'civilized') side of town don't you? That might save some people the cost of buying a map (do they even exist anymore?) or updating their GPS.

It' s as easy to get to as any. RCD is right of the interstate as is another (former) favorite, Cracker Barrel.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

It' s as easy to get to as any. RCD is right of the interstate as is another (former) favorite, Cracker Barrel.

His only concern is that his West End membership card won't be recognized. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, Doug. You gotta be fast if you want to eat with this crowd. Even RiverRat showed up early today - must have been the thought of sausages floating in his head all last night.

We got a few stares, but most folks were asking how long the wait was. Had no idea - we had finished eating and were sitting/standing outside digesting our meal and trying to figure out why Peter Nap was talking about looking for something while his wife was standing right next to him.

It also looks like sweet potatoes will not get planted till some time after Monday. It's "Once more into the breach, dear friends." While that's going on another capped crusader will be headed downtown.

If you had showed up you would know what all this means. No cheat sheet for a while.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I doubt Monday Skid...remember I have a mission.

A holy mission, oh capped crusader.
icon6.png