• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heat Wave? What heat wave?

Tawnos

End times prophesy covers many topics. Weather being one of them. If God isnt real, and the Bible is false, then why does it keep proving otherwise?

"Proving"? Interesting use of the word. You claim a passage that claims many people are dicks somehow proves itself to be foretelling the future? It's like me saying "there will be conflict among men. Nation will war with other nation. Mighty empires will rise and fall. In these days, many will claim different explanations for the unfolding events. " Not exactly prophetic.

Now, do you care to show me the weather prophecy? It's what I asked about earlier, as I've read the Bible and don't recall it, though it may very well be there.

Dreamer

I dont see how wer are not in the end of days, there have been changes in weather, an explosion of knowledge, the Jewish return to Israel, and a few more I cant recall at the moment.

Actually, the Jewish people DID NOT return to "Israel". They returned to "Judea"...

After King Solomon's reign, the kingdom split into 2 governments, Israel (which had Samaria as a capital) and Judea (which had Jerusalem as it's capital). Israel was later conquered by the Assyrians, and Judea taken by the Babalonians...

Just wanted to set the historic record straight...

Dreamer

End times prophesy covers many topics. Weather being one of them. If God isnt real, and the Bible is false, then why does it keep proving otherwise?

For the same reason that EVERY "sacred" text has "proved true" over the centuries.

Faith requires people to BELIEVE... Not to question, or use logic, or deductive reasoning. Faith requires a suspension of disbelief as it's fundamental principal, and because of the fundamental psycho-social underpinnings of the exercise of "faith", adherants to any given belief will find patterns in the world around them that reinforce and bolster their beliefs. Thus is the nature of non-rational thought systems.

I'm not saying that you are wrong. I'm just saying that nearly EVERY other religion (and their "sacred" texts) are equally true on some level...

Huck

Up here in the Highlands, we had frost a couple nights ago. That is ok, you can keep you heat and humidity. I prefer my summers with 10% humidity during the day, and average summer temps in the 70's and 80's, lows in the 40's and 50's.

That's what it's like in the summer here in Evanston Wyoming. (6749 feet) Our winters are long and very cold but I'll take this kind of climate over the hot and humid that you folks back east have.

Jack House

"Proving"? Interesting use of the word. You claim a passage that claims many people are dicks somehow proves itself to be foretelling the future? It's like me saying "there will be conflict among men. Nation will war with other nation. Mighty empires will rise and fall. In these days, many will claim different explanations for the unfolding events. " Not exactly prophetic.

Now, do you care to show me the weather prophecy? It's what I asked about earlier, as I've read the Bible and don't recall it, though it may very well be there.
I went to college and studied the bible, I also do not recall weather prophecy.

hermannr

Hej Huck: At least it lowers the fire danger eh? Actually, the AZ dry and hot, and the NW cool and wet are all part of a La Nina weather pattern. Very predictable, nothing unusual.

and Yes, this weather is much more pleasant than what is happening back east.

Gunslinger

That's what it's like in the summer here in Evanston Wyoming. (6749 feet) Our winters are long and very cold but I'll take this kind of climate over the hot and humid that you folks back east have.

I'm at 7000' on the Plains ENE of COS. We will hit 90 a time or 2--and 18 below last winter, but neither lasts. No humidity, no mosquitos, always a breeze. Growing up in the Chicago area--before it became a Gulag, and living most of my life in the New England area after, I will take this climate (actually called Alpine Desert) any day. It is very rare we need A/C after about 1900 in the summer, and never all night. Of course, then there was Vietnam...plus Houston and southern central VA. I had my fill of that climate. Hail is the only really bad WX problem here.