Thread: Letter from Latvala?

Letter from Latvala?

Thank you for your e-mail about legislation regarding concealed firearms, Senate Bill 234, which was considered during the 2011 Legislative session. This bill, which passed, will add Florida to the now 44 states which have open carry laws on their books.

As a strong supporter of second amendment rights, I voted for this bill which provides that if a concealed weapon is accidently revealed, it will not be a violation of firearm regulations. It will also allow a person licensed to carry a firearm to store it or carry it in a vehicle.

Thank you again for your e-mail on this issue.
    Sincerely,
    Jack Latvala
    State Senator
    District 16
    Are they all trying to go out of their way to confuse us?
    If I only read the first half of the letter, it'd sound like we got OC and everything's happy-dandy.
    Bold: What the ****, really? It does?!?
    Underline: Oh, crap, of course not...
    But they still want us to think that?
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 06-09-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

He is definitely being deceptive because these states don't have laws on their books pertaining to OC. They have a total absence of them... The lack of a law is why it is legal...

Florida does not have Open Carry. Why? Because there is a bunch of crap in the FS prohibiting it... Herp a derp...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

These freakin people. Good grief. I hope you wrote him back to make clear you are aware of his deception. The latest NRA alert would make you believe we got OC too.
    Last edited by 77zach; 06-09-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

And you guys still fail to grasp the need to replace these clowns, rather than grovel at their feet?

Heck no, I'm voting against anyone in there! And expect me to be campaigning against them (Boggie and Dean are close to my university and home respectively)
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

I have spoken to Sen. Latvala's staff. He is aware that SB 234 had open carry removed from the bill. This email was drafted poorly but he has promised to support open carry legislation.
    Last edited by StogieC; 06-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    I spoke to senator. Evers this morning and we talked about SB234 for a few minutes and I gave him my point of views on it... He told me that they did not have enough support to pass the full open carry, but he is already gathering support for next year and he plans to pass a bill that would fix SB234 by modifying it and putting a line through the word that screwed it up to begin with.

Really good guy.
    I plan to just repeal any and all laws restraining legal gun owners. Enough is enough with wasting tax payers money with making new laws to over ride old ones.
    John Strifler for FL State Senate District 1 for 2012
    crashnjax@att.net
    crash.jax_fl on yahoo
    johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com

Political advertisement paid for and approved by John p. Strifler, no party affiliation, state senate

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    I have spoken to Sen. Latvala's staff. He is aware that SB 234 had open carry removed from the bill. This email was drafted poorly but he has promised to support open carry legislation.
    Interesting. I thought he was one of the 8. It's like battlestar galactica, with the "final five" lol. A mystery to all but a few.
    Last edited by 77zach; 06-10-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I spoke to senator. Evers this morning and we talked about SB234 for a few minutes and I gave him my point of views on it... He told me that they did not have enough support to pass the full open carry, but he is already gathering support for next year and he plans to pass a bill that would fix SB234 by modifying it and putting a line through the word that screwed it up to begin with.

Really good guy.
    That would be great news. A month ago he and Fl carry said that it wouldn't be until 2013 to make another attempt at full OC. It was good of you to call, being a peace officer. I guess we've learned the retailers were the real villains but it would really help to have positive LEO testimony. Maybe Fl carry can have a fundraiser to fly you up to Tally next year to speak!
    Last edited by 77zach; 06-10-2011 at 11:39 AM.

He will attempt it again next year and if you really think about it... I believe that rather then trying to pass another law to over ride an old one would be harder then just trying to fix one. Him and his staff are planning to amend the bill after its law. I believe thats easier.
    A line through briefly gets rid of the problem. I wonder how he'd go about doing it. Maybe as an amendment to a gun bill after it gets through criminal justice. Otherwise Lord Dean sits on the bridge like a big fat ugly troll.

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    And you guys still fail to grasp the need to replace these clowns, rather than grovel at their feet?
    I feel the need for a public execution... But my "feelings" aren't good enough grounds... :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    That would be great news. A month ago he and Fl carry said that it wouldn't be until 2013 to make another attempt at full OC. It was good of you to call, being a peace officer. I guess we've learned the retailers were the real villains but it would really help to have positive LEO testimony. Maybe Fl carry can have a fundraiser to fly you up to Tally next year to speak!
    The anti-gun LEOs shot themselves in the foot. They sure didn't help. Having several Committee members (Dean and Thrasher) ready and willing to do their bidding no matter what, was a real pain.

However, they failed. Their lies were transparent. The same arguments were made IN FAVOR of OC previously. They made it clear they don't have a valid reason for their opposition, they just plain hate the crap out of Human Rights in general.

It was the Slavers who had the major influence. A few were swayed by the LEOs, being birds of a feather. But the major loss of votes came from the Money the Slavers would withhold if the votes weren't cast as they wanted.

I'm not spending my money with any of the institutions who supported the Slavers in the endeavor. their actions are a much more severe attack on Freedom and Human Rights than asking an OCer to leave their store. They expose a broad hatred for both. I recognize their Rights as property owners. But they have expanded upon that by opposing OC in general. They expanded their "Property Rights" to prevent us from OCing in a great many places they are not the owners of. It's Government Power in the hands of Corporation. They own MORE property than you, so they took your rights away. It is no longer the Majority Vote, but the Majority of Dollars' Vote. If you aren't a multi-millionaire, your vote does not get counted and you have no Rights. Slavers.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    It was the Slavers who had the major influence.
    I know Publix and Bealls played a role. I don't think I've ever shopped at Bells. I've been weaning myself off of Publix in favor of sweet bay. Publix's meat sucks anyway. I don't know if sweetbay was actively against it or not. I told the guy who responded to my letter that I'd still be going to Publix if they had a gun ban in their store. The fact that they lobbied for the ban outside is far beyond outrageous, it's fascist. That can't be tolerated.