Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Besides a gun, what do you carry for defense? (If anything)

Besides a gun, what do you carry for defense? (If anything)

I carry one pistol (My .45 Taurus) with two extra mags, a Coldsteel Bushman Knife, and a can of Coldsteel Inferno O.C. spray.

This is the knife I carry:

http://nagornysknives.com/images/A17-CS95BBUSS.jpg
    Last edited by Aaron1124; 06-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Pepper spray,not sure of the brand but it has marking dye(i think its IR) and it isnt a spray,its more of a foamer.

also carry a small folder or two in a sheath on my belt,and then whenever im out in the woods/fields or whatever i have a 4.5" tanto point fixed blade i made out of a knife with a broken tip,an extra hilt and paracord(and its my favorite knife,i made it and it is very effective)

i have a surefire flashlight that i will sometimes carry,other times i will carry a mini LED maglite in my pocket,i suppose they could be used in a pinch as a defensive device.

and to the OP,congrats on 2K posts!
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 06-10-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

1 pistola, extra mag, knife, OC, flashlight. Very rarely do I carry a bug

Angry

20" ASP Baton in car door since my government disarms me on my way to and from work. Thanks uncle sam, if something happens on the way home at 2am I have a stick... A FJKL:AD)*#HFUCJKGING STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ haha!

HG, Spyderco Tenacious, tac light (125 lumens), aluminum cane, cell phone, recording device, camera which snaps and records video (actually two cams, one a Kodak which is very slim and can record underwater), a digital recorder in the car, an MP3 player which can record audio but takes time to activate.

Also, A partner carries a .357 magnum, Ruger revolver, flashlight, OC spray (often leaves it in the garage), a sheath knife (KaBar; she's an avid gardener), a little folding skeleton knife on her keys, and a disarming smile. She's my most lethal SD carry option - while the BG is looking at me for money, she's deploying and seeking cover and angles.

Note I didn't mention anything like pens, car keys, which I don't think are, by themselves very effective. We do have a solid steel pen which is quite heavy.

My BUG has a red laser, which could, conceivably be used to momentarily distract and blind, and she sometimes puts a shell-shot (birdshot) round in the revolver as the first shot, and she carries a BUG in 9mm. One HG on her person, one in her purse, sometimes another HG in her conceal shirt (tiny LCP). She takes great glee in packing more HGs at one time than I do, lol. We go to the outdoor range a lot so it's not paranoid, just efficient.

Smith and Wesson M&P .45 with spare Magazine. M&P Auto open Tactical Knife. Extendable Baton.

If I need anything more than that, I think I went the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Smith and Wesson M&P .45 with spare Magazine. M&P Auto open Tactical Knife. Extendable Baton.

If I need anything more than that, I think I went the wrong way.
    I shot the S&W .45. NICE HG!

Oddly, I can open my folder(s) faster than I can an auto...it often seems to lag when you hit the button. I have an old White Wolf 2.25" (Ca legal) auto.

If you don't mind saying how do you carry the Baton. Assume you're a LEO?

I carry a Colt 1911 45ACP with 3 magazines with corbon power-ball ammo. I carry a Storm Rider Black Tanto Point Knife
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

One M&P 40c-a spare mag or three(when in the hills) an auto opening CRKT knife,and if roaming at night, a compact streamlight LED

I have a fixed blade knife on my duty belt for work. Its a 'seat belt' cutter.

A Surefire E2D Defender LED light - 200 lumens with a crenellated Strike Bezel, a Benchmade Mini Griptilian pocket folder - partial serrated, and a Gerber multi-tool (more for practical applications than self defense). Also a Motorola Droid phone now with a quick launch voice recorder app.

Freeze +P CS/OC 4oz can and a Taser C2 in addition to my pistol and spare mag.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Carry

Either a Taurus PT145 Millineum Pro 3rd generation with 1 ten round mag or a 9x18 Russian Makarov with 3 extra 8 round mags. Steel toed boots that does wonders on the shin bone, knee cap or groin. Once the perp is down, they makes a mess of their heads.

The business card of a good 2A-knowledgeable attorney.

Priceless...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Two cellphones, a voice recorder, my brain, and a few years of aikido...

I should probably memorize my attorney's number....
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I carry one HG based on my attire, my mood, the destination, and the weather......I do not carry any back up to that other than the awful voice recorder on my phone that takes forever to activate. Perhaps I should consider a secondary means of defense?

Along with my Kimber Ultra Carry II and extra mag ...16" ASP airweight expandable baton, streamlight PT1L on keychain (love the strobe) and Leatherman Juice
    Just added a pen OC spray
    Last edited by Phxbluesman; 07-15-2011 at 01:17 AM.

My Smart Phone. It records 720p video and audio. It automatically uploads to a server in another country.

I am far more likely to be assailed by a rogue/traitor LEO than a criminal. The only defense against them is evidence they cannot destroy.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Carry gun, folding knives (one large, one small); in car, large flashlight, 5-ft long soil auger, machete. Have also been known to carry 100 pennies inside two nylon socks.

I'm a biker. No one messes with a biker.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    My brain.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    My Smart Phone. It records 720p video and audio. It automatically uploads to a server in another country.

I am far more likely to be assailed by a rogue/traitor LEO than a criminal. The only defense against them is evidence they cannot destroy.
    What application are you using that uploads automatically to a server? Is it an android phone? If so, I'm interested in this software.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    i carry a SIG P250 9mm right now, 16+1 with an extra mag. streamlight tactical light, small flick knife and a 16" collapsable baton.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

I carry my head high and I pay attention. That generally takes care of most issues you might run into. As far as physical defense goes I carry my Sig Pro SP2022 fully loaded in condition 2 and an extra magazine. I also carry a CRKT Natural 2. Then there's my droid, which has a spare flashlight, voice recorder, and my attorney's number.
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-2516-34-22512.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	6350

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast