• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Besides a gun, what do you carry for defense? (If anything)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
My brain. :)

My Smart Phone. It records 720p video and audio. It automatically uploads to a server in another country.

I am far more likely to be assailed by a rogue/traitor LEO than a criminal. The only defense against them is evidence they cannot destroy.

What application are you using that uploads automatically to a server? Is it an android phone? If so, I'm interested in this software.

carry for myself

i carry a SIG P250 9mm right now, 16+1 with an extra mag. streamlight tactical light, small flick knife and a 16" collapsable baton.

TrailRunner

I carry my head high and I pay attention. That generally takes care of most issues you might run into. As far as physical defense goes I carry my Sig Pro SP2022 fully loaded in condition 2 and an extra magazine. I also carry a CRKT Natural 2. Then there's my droid, which has a spare flashlight, voice recorder, and my attorney's number.

ChadW

My main gun is a Glock 19 and an extra magazine. The extras are a Buck 110 knife, a Ruger LCP, and a 6 D-cell Maglite. The Buck and Maglite get carried more often these days than the Glock. With the flashlight all it takes is one solid hit and somebody is taking a long nap.

sg_pilot

In addition to the normal Glock 23 (13+1) or Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro (12+1)...

-Streamlight Scorpion X (200 Lumens, one of the smallest, high-output, high-battery life, and effective lights around. Excellent for late night or early morning activities... during the day there really isn't a need.)

-Spare Magazine (Depends on what I'm wearing, or if at work concealing. Generally I like to have an extra mag, sometimes two, just to have available. Glock is always filled with Winchester Ranger 135 gr. JHP's... which are nasty, nasty rounds... or Speer Gold Dot 155 gr. JHP's. I've tested many, many rounds for ballistic performance and expansion, and these two are by far the best, even compared to some of the more expensive defense rounds.)

-OC Spray (Again, this depends on the day. I usually don't carry OC spray, but if I'm walking the dog or going out in large public areas where I'd rather not draw, I'll bring a can of liquid hell.)

-Handcuffs (No, I'm not a police officer. No, I never show and rarely carry these in public. I will, however, carry these on my duty belt for private security training, which is frequent.)

-Cell Phone (ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry your cell phone! You never, ever know what is going to happen. The police, as long as you are within legality, are your friends and you should treat them as such. Thinking that you are a one-man army is not only ridiculous, it's dangerous and you should reconsider carrying a gun if you have that big of a superiority complex.)