• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After a real shooting...

Sheldon

Some Sage advice from Massad Ayoob and a must see... After a Real Shooting – Guns & Ammo

to highlight

5 point check list. After calling 911

1. Officer this man attacked me.

2. I will sign the complaint.

3. Evidence is here.

4. Witnesses are there.

5. Officer you will have my full cooperation in 24 hours after I have spoken with counsel.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

As Bruce Lee once said you have to have some 'emotional content'.

If you say those things (and I'm not implying you couldn't do it convincingly - you're just making a checklist), and sound robotic it might be suspicious.

Too bad we can't carry our Lawyers around in a holster to speak for us.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As Bruce Lee once said you have to have some 'emotional content'.

If you say those things (and I'm not implying you couldn't do it convincingly - you're just making a checklist), and sound robotic it might be suspicious.

Too bad we can't carry our Lawyers around in a holster to speak for us.

Always better to have a prepared thought process - a rehearsed/practiced response. That's far better than to attempt to ad lib.

Regarding lawyer/attorney - I carry mine in my wallet. That's right next to my heart. :p

You really need to learn a new song. The old one is depressing - like broken pickup trucks, lame hound dogs and warm beer. Try barbershop - three other voices may lend a more positive note to your chorus.

BTW - Is your acquaintance with Kali/Escrima the Sayoc lineage? Had the pleasure of meeting both Mike and Tony in years past and receiving benefit of their expertise.

sraacke

Some Sage advice from Massad Ayoob and a must see... After a Real Shooting – Guns & Ammo

to highlight

3. Evidence is here.

4. Witnesses are there.

5. Officer you will have my full cooperation in 24 hours after I have spoken with counsel.

That's pretty much what I got printed on a wallet card when I signed up for the prepaid lawyer plan that I joined called Louisiana Armed Citizen Plan. On the reverse side is instructions on how to reach my lawyer 24/7.

Badger Johnson

BTW - Is your acquaintance with Kali/Escrima the Sayoc lineage? Had the pleasure of meeting both Mike and Tony in years past and receiving benefit of their expertise.

I'm Arnis Lastra/Lanada, quite familiar with Sayoc/AMOK.

Last edited:

logables

to highlight

3. Evidence is here.

4. Witnesses are there.

most excellent advice. Got to like Massad.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think Massad Ayoob was concerned about evidence (in the person's favor) that might not be noticed by the responding officer, which could disappear if not noted immediately.

Mass is available as an expert witness for the defense and would appear to be very effective - he isn't free though.

Much of his writing/courses have not been favorable tactically to OC in the past. He has seemed to mellow a bit on that element though.

sudden valley gunner

I think Massad Ayoob was concerned about evidence (in the person's favor) that might not be noticed by the responding officer, which could disappear if not noted immediately.

I understand that, but having been involved in a situation years ago where I saw the cops twist the help I was giving them to be used against me later. I am a skeptic of that and would remain very very cautious about what you reveal and the techniques they use to keep you talking once you start.

The advice I got from the lawyer if it goes beyond pointing out witness, was to let him point out the evidence later. If it isn't very obvious already to the police it was a self defense situation to begin with you may very unknowingly be giving them "evidence" they can use against you.

Joe GlockStar

That's pretty much what I got printed on a wallet card when I signed up for the prepaid lawyer plan that I joined called Louisiana Armed Citizen Plan. On the reverse side is instructions on how to reach my lawyer 24/7.

lmfao one of the biggest scams in the world of carry is prepaying a lawyer. my attorney who happens to be very big time in minnesota laughed when i asked if thats how he worked and said he would still provide me with 24/7 service no matter what and without ever paying a dime. just informing u that u can get the same service from an even better lawyer for free. hate to see people get suckered into that .

GuidoZ

I've had a lot of luck with Pre-Paid Legal (not a pre-paid lawyer necessarily, but rather the ability to catch someone 24/7, for real - no vacation or sleeping as someone is always on call). It's cheap, and they fight all traffic tickets for you, as well as do your Will and such. I have a local contact who would be glad to help anyone in North Eastern WA, and can recommend a local rep anywhere you are. Just drop me a PM. :cool:

--
Peace. ~G

B

Brentes

Hi Sheldon,
Thanks for sharing this informative video with everyone.
I have watched some videos of Massad Ayoob before and I think he is the most know knowledgeable person and definitive expert in his field.