• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Take on SB93

Mlutz

You can exercise your rights. You get to OC all day everyday if you wish. Im going to catch alot of **** for this, but everyone says wording is everything, and it doesnt say you may keep and bear arms concealed in the constitution.

No offense to anyone, but cheese n rice, here comes a pretty good bill as it sits right now, and so many are still complaining. Yeah, constitutional carry would have been fantastic, but to go from nothing to constitutional carry especially in WI would have been like turning lead into gold IMO.

Im happy with the way it sits right now, as long as they dont go and pull some sh*t and starting adding right before the Senate vote. I can swing $50 every 5 years, and Im sure most people can, regardless of your income level. Plus its SHALL issue, wasnt that important for everyone too? Not too mention carrying in a car, in a tavern, restaraunt, etc....

I dont know... just my two worthless cents.:cool:

Bear arms, not openly bear arms. They do not say either way, they just say bear, and in this instance they mean carry. Why does a person need to get a permit to carry a hidden firearm vs. one carried openly? It shouldnt matter that you or I could "swing" $1,000 every 6 months, would you like to pay any amount to keep any other rights? Want to go to "xyz" church, that will be $29.91 every 3 months. Is that ok?

wild boar

"xyz"

Bear arms, not openly bear arms. They do not say either way, they just say bear, and in this instance they mean carry. Why does a person need to get a permit to carry a hidden firearm vs. one carried openly? It shouldnt matter that you or I could "swing" $1,000 every 6 months, would you like to pay any amount to keep any other rights? Want to go to "xyz" church, that will be $29.91 every 3 months. Is that ok?

I'm a God fearing man, but I do not fear the church. I do not fear the mortal man who claims the ability to "cleanse my soul". XYZ asks of those who attend for money. Is the church then trampling on your rights to freedom. When I hit those pearly gates my hair will be blazing, and my feet smoking, because I'm going through hell to get there. Here we go! :uhoh:

apjonas

A Right?

But I will not consider this a "WIN", just another right turned into a privilege...

Outdoorsman1

Until the Wisconsin Supreme Court changes its collective mind, concealed carry is/was not a right in Wisconsin. If you think it is a right then skip the permit and carry concealed. The current legislation is certainly better than either bill introduced under Doyle. Perhaps you should send Sherman et. al. a thank you card for upholding the vetoes.

deadlifter

I'm a God fearing man, but I do not fear the church. I do not fear the mortal man who claims the ability to "cleanse my soul". XYZ asks of those who attend for money. Is the church then trampling on your rights to freedom. When I hit those pearly gates my hair will be blazing, and my feet smoking, because I'm going through hell to get there. Here we go! :uhoh:

+1

M

McX

any further word on some of the definitions? last i heard one could CC, OC in their car, without a permit, staying out of school zones. then i heard one could carry in the car, as the carrier was within the car, through school zones, sneaking by on the transport law, but no need to unload and encase. then i wondered how would all of this apply to a motorcycle?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The Bill Is OK But I Am Disappointed In The Repubs AND The Tea Party!

Keep in mind that both the Republicans AND the Tea Party folks supported Constitutional Carry and then

remember that they BOTH turned on us.

The Tea Party would NOT ALLOW OPEN CARRY at the Tea Party events. Remember that? The Tea Party folks have already turned into "same o same o POLITICIANS".

And the Republicrats lied about Constitutional Carry and pushed for permits and training.

I won't be fooled by these jerks again.

duckdog

I wanted Constitutional Carry as much as the next, but face it, even a year ago we'd have jumped on this bill like a wood duck on a junebug. If this bill passes into law, just look at the gains that were made over the two that were vetoed under Ol Jimmy Boy. I, for one, think it could have been worse.

logables

Until the Wisconsin Supreme Court changes its collective mind, concealed carry is/was not a right in Wisconsin. If you think it is a right then skip the permit and carry concealed. The current legislation is certainly better than either bill introduced under Doyle. Perhaps you should send Sherman et. al. a thank you card for upholding the vetoes.

I agree with you totally.

Jason in WI

The Tea Party would NOT ALLOW OPEN CARRY at the Tea Party events. Remember that? The Tea Party folks have already turned into "same o same o POLITICIANS".

To be fair rcawdor57, only the one "corporate" Tea-Party event pushed no carry. Most state Tea-Party groups backed us. That Tea-Party group that didn't want us to carry seems to be a republican front that is trying to tap into the Tea-Party's momentum just for the votes.

And the Republicrats lied about Constitutional Carry and pushed for permits and training.

Not all of them, some believe in the constitution and some believe but are too scared to upset the establishment . We need to find out which ones flipped or caved and vote them out! I don't care if I have to sign the recall for Walker, I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. They know they can get away with it because the alternative candidates suck. I'm personally done with it, they need to know even their faithful base will give them the boot if they mess up.

As I get older I seem to be more drawn to the libertarian movement but have always feared my vote would be a waste if I didn't vote for the popular party but I think I need to start voting my beliefs and not damage control. Both the R's and the D's are running this country off a cliff the only difference is the speed.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
To be fair rcawdor57, only the one "corporate" Tea-Party event pushed no carry. Most state Tea-Party groups backed us. That Tea-Party group that didn't want us to carry seems to be a republican front that is trying to tap into the Tea-Party's momentum just for the votes.

Not all of them, some believe in the constitution and some believe but are too scared to upset the establishment . We need to find out which ones flipped or caved and vote them out! I don't care if I have to sign the recall for Walker, I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. They know they can get away with it because the alternative candidates suck. I'm personally done with it, they need to know even their faithful base will give them the boot if they mess up.

As I get older I seem to be more drawn to the libertarian movement but have always feared my vote would be a waste if I didn't vote for the popular party but I think I need to start voting my beliefs and not damage control. Both the R's and the D's are running this country off a cliff the only difference is the speed.

I was venting. I know many do/did support us exercising our right to bear arms at the events but when just one of them says "NO GUNS" then what the He** is the "Tea Party" all about? I tend to agree with you that it was just a front by another Republicrat.

I have voted Libertarian in the past and my vote didn't get my guy elected but it sure felt good voting for someone who actually believes AND follows the Constitution. If we ever get a Libertarian who has a chance to make it I will vote for that person.

paul@paul-fisher.com

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
This bill isn't out of the oven yet... So watch the temperature.

It's a little early to get all touchy-feely and start singing kumbaya; if the Republicrats think we are in a compromising mood, they are liable to amend our rights away even more before this bill is finished baking. :cuss:

BROKENSPROKET

Heres a link to the amended SB 93. I actually happy with it.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/2011-13Bills/2011_06_09_SB93_LC.pdf

It's an easy read and explains everything.

www.armedbadger.com

THIS IS A MEMO EXPLAINING OR SUMMARIZING A SENATE SUBSTITUTE AMMMENDMENT.

Noone has actually seen the real substitute ammendment or the ammended SB93 where we can actually see the language. We will not know what really happened until we can see the actual language.

I see Paul already replied, but I didn't see that before I replied, so you got to hear it twice.

Last edited:

technician

I woke up to this during the 2008 Presidential elections after hearing about Ron Paul. Unfortunately knowing the truth just makes you realize how close to the edge of the cliff we really are. I highly respect your courage to buck the system.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

I believe the only wasted votes are the ones where we compromise; i.e. picking the lesser of two evils versus picking an underdog with whom one actually agrees. Everybody seems to be stuck on this 2-party thing. Unfortunately, there is rarely a third party candidate on the Madison area ballots (Progressive Dane certainly will NEVER get my consideration).

bluehighways

Keep in mind that both the Republicans AND the Tea Party folks supported Constitutional Carry and then

remember that they BOTH turned on us.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you, Kenosha OC'er.

Outdoorsman1

I was talking about the right to bear arms.... Whether it be open, concealed, in a vehicle, in a boat, on a motorcycle, in a school zone, whenever and wherever....

I an not that much of a "rights" fanatic as I undrestand that some "Laws" are needed to try and keep the REAL crazies and the REAL criminals in check, but to restict the rights of law abiding citizens simply because our government officals do not see things as we do IS NOT A WIN....

I will also agree making it legal to carry loaded in a vehicle and in a bar, as long as some other changes this bill provvides is better that we had before, but if you have two broken legs, and the doctor can fix one leg but the he chooses not to fix the other, you still have one broken leg...

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: