• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Darling needs to go!

Grant Guess

There are other shooting groups that sponsor competitions.
Heck, I know of 2 at the range I use, & there's IDPA, GSSF, & several other acronyms I'm spacing on at the moment.

How many of these were in negotiations with the legislature? Why didn't their liaison announce the compromise? NRA's did before any other source on Vicki's show.

As well, NRA had their liaison's speaking at both the Wausau and Madison hearings.

You'll excuse me but when I add 2 and 2...I come up with 4.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The rants should be against Darling and those of her ilk. Without the NRA coming out as hard as they did for no permit - no training, we would have ended up with the old PPA with the Flynn Firearm Felony Act as part of it rather than the separate legislation that Republicrat Darling will be introducing.

Who will be expected to be fighting against Darling's pandering to philandering Flynn, and will be the most effective organization in doing so? Yep, the NRA. Lets quit pounding the politically most effective gun rights organization we have. The antis are already doing that full time.

Grant Guess

I do not see anyone bashing NRA. It's more of a "whodunnit" question. Who did NRA negotiate with in the legislature, under the radar, to arrive at what was added to SB93? Which of our legislators said "this is the minimum that we will accept"? This did not simply happen overnight and nobody that I was speaking with had any inkling that this negotiation was taking place.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I do not see anyone bashing NRA. It's more of a "whodunnit" question. Who did NRA negotiate with in the legislature, under the radar, to arrive at what was added to SB93? Which of our legislators said "this is the minimum that we will accept"? This did not simply happen overnight and nobody that I was speaking with had any inkling that this negotiation was taking place.

Legislative sausage making. There was a reason why Luther Olsen was able to make his speech at the end of the meeting and Darling, a Republican co-chair did not say a word. We should be very worried about Darling. It will not be great loss to see her out. Ironically I feel that Lena Taylor is more our friend than Darling is.

The antis will be pulling out all stops this week to get restrictions in place. The Wisconsin State Journal this morning had a half page of really loony anti letters. They know that once this legislation gets approved there will be at least 100,000 permit holders who will be very vocal about protecting their carry right and privileges. Inform everyone you know with a hunter's safety certificate or military service how simple it is to obtain a carry permit. Strength in numbers, and potential WCI members :).

apjonas

Always Remember

Some day you may need a vote from a less than pure member to stave off something really bad. Considering both of the bills that passed under Doyle weren't nearly as good as this one (and everybody was sooo excited when it appeared they might get through on an override) let's stop foaming at the mouth and appreciate the progress. SB93 (as amended) ain't law yet. There might be some members of the assembly that say - "These guys are going to go after me even if I'm 95% with them - I might as well go 50% and pick up some support on the left." This is holding your breath until you turn blue stuff. Tantrums are for 2 year old children. "I want everything and I want it NOW!" isn't pretty when done by unionistas. It's just as unattractive here.

MKEgal

Flipper said:
Without the NRA coming out as hard as they did for no permit - no training, we would have ended up with the old PPA with the Flynn Firearm Felony Act as part of it
I agree. Shoot for the stars, land on the moon, move on from there.
It's only a bad bill because we know they promised us CC, & there are a few statutes that still infringe our rights.
But we can work on those. Nibble away at it.
I'm nowhere near as happy as I'd be with CC, but I'm a lot happier than only having OC w/ the restrictions we have had.

Flipper said:
Inform everyone you know with a hunter's safety certificate or military service how simple it is to obtain a carry permit. Strength in numbers, and potential WCI members.
Or an NRA class, or point people to the Maryland State Police firearms safety class.
(Then point them to real training once they have their permit paperwork mailed in.)

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Some day you may need a vote from a less than pure member to stave off something really bad. Considering both of the bills that passed under Doyle weren't nearly as good as this one (and everybody was sooo excited when it appeared they might get through on an override) let's stop foaming at the mouth and appreciate the progress. SB93 (as amended) ain't law yet. There might be some members of the assembly that say - "These guys are going to go after me even if I'm 95% with them - I might as well go 50% and pick up some support on the left." This is holding your breath until you turn blue stuff. Tantrums are for 2 year old children. "I want everything and I want it NOW!" isn't pretty when done by unionistas. It's just as unattractive here.

The sentiment is not about SB93. It's about what she said on the radio about wanting to make CCW a felony. IF she wants to turn people into FELONS because they cannot afford a permit and training, then she does need to go.