• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Carry? In case of random chimp attack.

Trigger Dr

I once said "To keep the lions away" They said "There are no lions here" I replied "It works don't it?"

sudden valley gunner

I think I'll use this as my "blow off" answer to folks who really don't want an answer when they ask why I carry.

In case of random chimp attack.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/New-Face-for-Chimp-Attack-Victim-123607949.html?dr

See, when seconds count, officers are only 12 minutes away.

I wonder if she'll get mistaken for the previous owner of her face? "Hey Bill"....oops sorry thought you were someone else. :eek:

(and yes I know her facial structure will conform her new face to her features, maybe. But thought it was funny)

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Nothing at all "random" about that attack, that's what happens when you keep wild animals as "pets" and loose respect for them. After hearing what they're capable of, I for one am never going anywhere near a chimp without large amounts of steel or glass between us. Nevermind what it did to the poor lady's face, it pulled her friggin hands off...:eek:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Wow!

12 minute attack by a 200lb wild animal...with a name. (stupid people harboring a wild animal as a pet)

Begging the 911 dispatcher to send the police "with a gun" to shoot and kill their 'pet'.

Living out in the boonies a bit and not having a firearm? Seriously, how can these people not have the ability to protect themselves? Oh, wait....I'll call the police...they will be here in 12 minutes. :banghead:

hermannr

I'm sorry but, I will be a hour before we can have a deputy there.

Actually, the one time I need someone quickly, Tonasket COP came up himsef to try help, (lost person, not properly dressed, on foot, in below freezing weather, just not enough snow for tracking) He only took 1/2 hour.

Tonasket may be my mailing address, but we live 20 miles out of town, and 5miles of that 20 is gravel. I did tell him "thank you very much", as I did realize he had no reasonable responsibility to respond.

Last edited:

amzbrady

The baboonacalypse, when baboons gain human like intelligence and rule over us like in planet of the apes, Im not taking chances.

To late...

View attachment 5994
View attachment 5995

12 minute attack by a 200lb wild animal...with a name. (stupid people harboring a wild animal as a pet)

Begging the 911 dispatcher to send the police "with a gun" to shoot and kill their 'pet'.

Living out in the boonies a bit and not having a firearm? Seriously, how can these people not have the ability to protect themselves? Oh, wait....I'll call the police...they will be here in 12 minutes. :banghead:

It happens everyday... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrh2JrtFOU

sudden valley gunner

I'm sorry but, I will be a hour before we can have a deputy there.

Actually, the one time I need someone quickly, Tonasket COP came up himsef to try help, (lost person, not properly dressed, on foot, in below freezing weather, just not enough snow for tracking) He only took 1/2 hour.

Tonasket may be my mailing address, but we live 20 miles out of town, and 5miles of that 20 is gravel. I did tell him "thank you very much", as I did realize he had no reasonable responsibility to respond.

It can't be possible that people in your area behave without law enforcement there to keep them in check......{sarcasm} :lol:

amlevin

Nothing at all "random" about that attack, that's what happens when you keep wild animals as "pets" and loose respect for them. After hearing what they're capable of, I for one am never going anywhere near a chimp without large amounts of steel or glass between us. Nevermind what it did to the poor lady's face, it pulled her friggin hands off...:eek:

What was even more strange is that this oddball woman who owned the chimp even slept with it.

Metalhead47

What was even more strange is that this oddball woman who owned the chimp even slept with it.

Um.... there IS a precedent.....

images

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
It gets worse than that. She would serve it champagne at candlelight dinners. She would shower with the critter. Bathe with it in the same tub. And yeah... she also slept with it.

After the woman lost her husband, I suspect the chimp became a surrogate husband. Monkey see, monkey do!
Neighbors claim she was monkey'ing around with the monkey. One thing is certain, there was some odd monkey business going on in that house. Talk about the funky monkey! They had their share of monkey shines, and had more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

The critter really made a monkey out of her, eh? At least she found a way to get the monkey off her back.

I just don't think she gave it proper discipline. Every now and then, the monkey misbehaving, a good spanking might have helped.

Sorta lends an entire new meaning to "Going ape!"

(Please... stop me before I pun again!)

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

fire suppressor

Once I was getting gas in silverdale. As I was putting gas in my car a man from a few cars away casually came up to me and asked " what are you like a cop or something"? When I replied no he started going through every and any agency or abbreviation you could think of. "FBI?, CIA?, SWAT?, ATF?, undercover?...." As I replied nope, nope, nope to all of his big fancy words he finally looked at me and said "well what are you then"? I kinda raised my voiced and barked "I'm a PAC ok"! He never asked me what a PAC was he just smiled turned around back to his car at yelled "It's ok honey he's a PAC"
Privately armed citizen :)

Milehog

I'm not so worried about the odd random chimp, it's the organized ones that scare the hell out of me.:uhoh: Well, that and the g0ddamn chupacabras.

The thing about chimps is that they like to tear off a persons hands, face and genitals, yikes!