Thread: ATF Raids PSS gun range in Roanoke...

Unhappy ATF Raids PSS gun range in Roanoke...

Just saw the news. Does anybody have an idea of what was going on? I shoot there on and off, so I am curious. I will probably have to wait to find out. Last time I went I was told they were going to expand by 10 lanes and they would be rifle and pistol capable.

Forgot to add link

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-atf-...,1781013.story
    Last edited by Thndr; 06-10-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: dang tablet keyboard...

Maybe their gun range was broken.

No, really. Maybe someone had unregisterd full auto?
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 06-10-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

They probably weren't meeting their quota for sales to Mexican drug smugglers.

TFred

I think TFred is right. They haven't been meeting their monthly quota for sales to Illegal Aliens over the last couple months (as stated in the article).

Reminds me of the line in Con Air when the DEA agent BRANDISHES his .380 peashooter and said "Do you know who I am???" and someone responds with "Yeah, you're the most crooked !@#$ on this plane!!!"

Seems appropriate in the current political climate of illegal chit going on inside the beltway.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

A spokesman for the ATF says the federal agency has been gathering leads for two months leading up to the raid. But they would not release any information about what was found or the purpose of the raid.

They did say that it was a success.
    "...it was a success."

So, another dog bit the dust?

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    "...it was a success."

Maybe it was a practice raid, anyone can do a drill and say it was a "sucessful drill" lol Doubt it though. Maybe the range master had full autos unregistered or something.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Founder's Club Member
    They prolly had an anonymous tip from an unknown but totally reliable confidential informant about the presence of children who had never been tear-gassed or threatened with incineration.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    "...it was a success."

They managed to complete the raid without shooting themselves.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

At the conclusion of the raid, they carried out one man who had been pepper-sprayed and bludgeoned, which ipso-facto meant the raid was "a success". A while later they discovered the man was one of ther own agents. Oh well, the fog of war, and all that. They could just change his name when the final report is written.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    At the conclusion of the raid, they carried out one man who had been pepper-sprayed and bludgeoned, which ipso-facto meant the raid was "a success". A while later they discovered the man was one of ther own agents. Oh well, the fog of war, and all that. They could just change his name when the final report is written.
    Got link or was that tongue-in-cheek?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I haven't seen anything in the Google news feed about this yet... beyond the initial story.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Doesn't surprise me. All them squareheads look alike!

Tongue firmly in cheek, guys.

Come on Grape, I thought you knew about me !

What's really interesting is the fact that people who know the BATFE would actually suspect that my scenario was real !
    Last edited by Dutch Uncle; 06-11-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Tongue firmly in cheek, guys.

Come on Grape, I thought you knew about me !
    But, but, but ......it sounded soooo very plausible.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

What is a raid? Is it a polite name for a warrentless search?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Maybe the lady that lift the coment that said "i'm glad they let my husband go when they did" that tipped them off. lol

It's easy to be 'successful' when your only objective is to make a scene and intimidate the public at large with how 'successful' you are... If you are always 'successful' then nobody would want to get on your bad side...

Do it! Pull the trigger and make the world a better place!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

New article just published on the Roanoke Times website. Not much more information though.

TFred

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/289874

Founder's Club Member
    Prolly one of them prophylactic raids. "Just to let them know we're watching." [/sarcasm]

I wonder if the search warrant is open for viewing, or sealed.