• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Refresh reguarding school zones

crash5150

Tried a search.. lots of results.

If I drive on Highway 5 South.. from lets say Redding to Bakersfield and I say on 5 south, only getting off to get gas in select locations that don't have a school zone, if on Highway 5 I pass within 1000 feet of a school zone, would I be violating that section.

Thanks

coolusername2007

Research PC 626.9. Here's a clip...

(b) Any person who possesses a firearm in a place that the person knows, or reasonably should know, is a school zone, as defined in paragraph (1) of subdivision (e), unless it is with the written permission of the school district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent school authority, shall be punished as specified in subdivision (f).
Emphasis mine. However, if caught, good luck with that argument.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
What coolusername2007 said. Are you asking if there are school zones that the 5 crosses? There are. Of course, if you didn't read my reply then maybe you don't know and wouldn't be expected to know.