Thread: Is Florida a must notify state?

Is Florida a must notify state?

I will be in FL for vacation. Is Florida a must notify state if you are pulled over ? New Mexico is not, so I do not notify unless they ask. I do have CHL . Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NMGlock26 View Post
    I will be in FL for vacation. Is Florida a must notify state if you are pulled over ? New Mexico is not, so I do not notify unless they ask. I do have CHL . Thanks in advance.
    no
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by NMGlock26 View Post
    Is Florida a must notify state?.
    Nope. The choice is yours to inform or not.

but you gotta hide it, since FL hates Open Carry...
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Unhappy

We had a debate at work the other day over telling cops if you were armed or not, required or not. Everyone but me was all for telling the cop for "his safety."

I was the ****** bag for saying I couldn't inform a cop that I was armed because;
    a. I'm not going to shoot him
    and
    b. I don't trust police officers

Everyone told me, "you're the problem! It's people like you that ruin our rights!"

O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    We had a debate at work the other day over telling cops if you were armed or not, required or not. Everyone but me was all for telling the cop for "his safety."

I was the ****** bag for saying I couldn't inform a cop that I was armed because;
    a. I'm not going to shoot him
    and
    b. I don't trust police officers

Everyone told me, "you're the problem! It's people like you that ruin our rights!"

O_O
    The problem is that you didn't use the right reason for not informing. It only complicates an otherwise uneventful traffic stop. As far as officer safety is concerned, he's in a much better shooting position than you, wearing body armor, and can call for backup if he's spooked. You, on the other hand, are practically sitting on your piece and restrained by a seat belt, are wearing a polo shirt, and can call your wife.

Who's safety is more at risk here?
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

I did mention that it can complicate a stop as well. They are under the impression that if you tell a cop you are armed 100% of the time police officers are so excited to know you have a gun they just want to instantly be your friend and talk about guns because it happened to them once.

These are the people who carry but think everyone should have CWL to do such and the idea of open carry is completely stupid and idiotic because only police officers should be allowed to open carry because as soon as a civilian open carries their gun will be instantly taken and used to shoot them and everyone else in a store that would have otherwise not been shot up.... /runonsentence

Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    I think your friends are stupied.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    but you gotta hide it, since FL hates intelligence...
    Fixed it.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Fixed it.
    +1
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

I think your friends are stupid.
    Whew, I was feeling lonely.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Why is that?... Is it cause you're not the only one that can be a ASS?....
    That, too. Cops, how can they uphold the law when they can't spell or form sentences properly...

:-p
    Last edited by ixtow; 06-13-2011 at 01:04 PM.

We don't have to.
    lulz

Not trying to be an ass. I'm just trying to be honest.
    lulz.

I had a sweet buzz going after about six Glenlivets on the rocks over dinner. While heading home, I was pulled over for going 50 in a 30 by a young cop with a Bluetooth appendage and an ongoing conversation.

I assume he didn't smell liquor, since the top was down and he was otherwise distracted, but when he asked me for my license and registration, I gave him that along with my CCP. His focus immediately shifted from my speed and my driving to my gun. He went into the glovebox, pulled my magazine out, made certain that the chamber was discharged, and dry-fired unto the floor.

He asked no questions, gave me a citation (that I had squashed by my ticket guy), and returned my gun. He didn't focus for a second on the fact that I was blitzeed, so I guess my "revelation" was at least useful as a diversion tactic.
    Last edited by Jojo712; 06-18-2011 at 03:46 AM.

"Trying" to be honest? Or being honest?

http://www.statementanalysis.com/

Don't you guys use this?

:-p

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.