• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Florida a must notify state?

NMGlock26

I will be in FL for vacation. Is Florida a must notify state if you are pulled over ? New Mexico is not, so I do not notify unless they ask. I do have CHL . Thanks in advance.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
We had a debate at work the other day over telling cops if you were armed or not, required or not. Everyone but me was all for telling the cop for "his safety."

I was the douche bag for saying I couldn't inform a cop that I was armed because;
a. I'm not going to shoot him
and
b. I don't trust police officers

Everyone told me, "you're the problem! It's people like you that ruin our rights!"

O_O

Rich7553

We had a debate at work the other day over telling cops if you were armed or not, required or not. Everyone but me was all for telling the cop for "his safety."

I was the douche bag for saying I couldn't inform a cop that I was armed because;
a. I'm not going to shoot him
and
b. I don't trust police officers

Everyone told me, "you're the problem! It's people like you that ruin our rights!"

O_O

The problem is that you didn't use the right reason for not informing. It only complicates an otherwise uneventful traffic stop. As far as officer safety is concerned, he's in a much better shooting position than you, wearing body armor, and can call for backup if he's spooked. You, on the other hand, are practically sitting on your piece and restrained by a seat belt, are wearing a polo shirt, and can call your wife.

Who's safety is more at risk here?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I did mention that it can complicate a stop as well. They are under the impression that if you tell a cop you are armed 100% of the time police officers are so excited to know you have a gun they just want to instantly be your friend and talk about guns because it happened to them once.

These are the people who carry but think everyone should have CWL to do such and the idea of open carry is completely stupid and idiotic because only police officers should be allowed to open carry because as soon as a civilian open carries their gun will be instantly taken and used to shoot them and everyone else in a store that would have otherwise not been shot up.... /runonsentence

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
I had a sweet buzz going after about six Glenlivets on the rocks over dinner. While heading home, I was pulled over for going 50 in a 30 by a young cop with a Bluetooth appendage and an ongoing conversation.

I assume he didn't smell liquor, since the top was down and he was otherwise distracted, but when he asked me for my license and registration, I gave him that along with my CCP. His focus immediately shifted from my speed and my driving to my gun. He went into the glovebox, pulled my magazine out, made certain that the chamber was discharged, and dry-fired unto the floor.

He asked no questions, gave me a citation (that I had squashed by my ticket guy), and returned my gun. He didn't focus for a second on the fact that I was blitzeed, so I guess my "revelation" was at least useful as a diversion tactic.

Last edited: