• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny LEO story.

Carry24/7

I was at work the other day (I work security) and this older gentleman comes up to me and said " I just want to let you know I with x department and I'm off duty and I'm carrying." Well I went into the fact that he was not allowed to carry there unless it was offical business but before I could finnish he proceeded to show me his ID and then his empty concealed holster:banghead:. LOL I pointed out to him that he was missing something. He looked down and got this "oh ****" look on his face and stated the he left it home in his chair. I told him it's good that you realized now before you needed it. Could you imagine saying "freeze police" and grabbing an empty holster. Not a good day I'm sure. We had a good laugh about it and talked about different guns and laws.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard!
That'd be a much funnier story if it wasn't for the fact that if he'd needed that weapon, it wasn't there. The joke on him might have resulted in the loss of his (or somebody else's) life. Good that it could be laughed about at the time, but not so funny if a BG had happened along to do some nefarious misdeeds.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Carry24/7

Howdy Pard!
That'd be a much funnier story if it wasn't for the fact that if he'd needed that weapon, it wasn't there. The joke on him might have resulted in the loss of his (or somebody else's) life. Good that it could be laughed about at the time, but not so funny if a BG had happened along to do some nefarious misdeeds.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

That's why I told him it was good that he found out BEFORE he needed it. He was a little embarrassed and laughed it off.

Smith45acp

My safety plunger tube came unstaked on my 1911, rendering it completely inoperable. I had carried it for at least 2-3 days without unloading it, cycling it etc. Basically I just assumed it was functional.

It's at the smith now getting repaired but my lesson learned is daily function checks (and making sure the damn thing is there!) only take moments and could potentially pay off big time.

TFED12

Carry24/7 wrote___"Well I went into the fact that he was not allowed to carry there unless it was offical business"

Are you aware of LEOSA? NC exempts LEO's from most firearems laws in regards to where they are allowed to carry. Where do you work that does not follow NC exemptions and LEOSA??

Last edited:

Carry24/7

Carry24/7 wrote___"Well I went into the fact that he was not allowed to carry there unless it was offical business"

Are you aware of LEOSA? NC exempts LEO's from most firearems laws in regards to where they are allowed to carry. Where do you work that does not follow NC exemptions and LEOSA??

I work in a federal building. LEO's are restricted from carrying there unless on official business. And yes I am aware of LEOSA. I work with a bunch of retired LEO'S and have a couple of LEO's in the family. Not saying I agree with the restriction but my job is to enforce it.

Last edited: