Thread: 59er diner; W. of leavenworth...

59er diner; W. of leavenworth...

Friend & I were on the way to chelan, stopped by the above-mentioned establishment for a bite to eat. After waiting for about 10 minutes to have our order taken, we finally get to place our order. About wo minutes into waiting for our burgers, the owner approached, pointing at my 1911 & asking if it was a bb gun. When I simply stated, "no", he freaked, telling me that his liquor license didn't allow it.

When I told him it wasn't against the law, he switched his story to "i have a bar here". He finally just said he didn't want them in his restaurant.....we left & went next door to the squirrel.tree.

Squirrel tree owner is retired marine & happy to allow firearms...concealed or open!

Quote Originally Posted by 5jeffro7 View Post
    Friend & I were on the way to chelan, stopped by the above-mentioned establishment for a bite to eat. After waiting for about 10 minutes to have our order taken, we finally get to place our order. About wo minutes into waiting for our burgers, the owner approached, pointing at my 1911 & asking if it was a bb gun. When I simply stated, "no", he freaked, telling me that his liquor license didn't allow it.

When I told him it wasn't against the law, he switched his story to "i have a bar here". He finally just said he didn't want them in his restaurant.....we left & went next door to the squirrel.tree.

Squirrel tree owner is retired marine & happy to allow firearms...concealed or open!
    Good move. I don't think I would want to eat in a place where the owner can't read the law regarding firearms in his place. Chances are he can't read the health department regulations either.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

The progression from lying to truthfulness is hilarious.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Good move. I don't think I would want to eat in a place where the owner can't read the law regarding firearms in his place. Chances are he can't read the health department regulations either.
    I agree good move.

'What do you mean we have to wash our equipment every night?'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    The progression from lying to truthfulness is hilarious.
    Isn't that funny how that goes. Even more hilarious watching police do it when they illegally detain you for OC...... Oh no a guy who knows we are lying to him......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5jeffro7 View Post
    He finally just said he didn't want them in his restaurant.....we left & went next door to the squirrel.tree.

I've eaten in both places. I guess I won't be returning to the diner. The Squirrel Tree was better anyway

update

I had to leave a review of their establishment as a warning to other pro-gun people....thanks for the comments & ideas which were put to good use on the review page
    Last edited by 5jeffro7; 06-20-2011 at 10:50 PM.

We will see how long it stays up before it disappears
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"