• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

59er diner; W. of leavenworth...

5jeffro7

Friend & I were on the way to chelan, stopped by the above-mentioned establishment for a bite to eat. After waiting for about 10 minutes to have our order taken, we finally get to place our order. About wo minutes into waiting for our burgers, the owner approached, pointing at my 1911 & asking if it was a bb gun. When I simply stated, "no", he freaked, telling me that his liquor license didn't allow it.

When I told him it wasn't against the law, he switched his story to "i have a bar here". He finally just said he didn't want them in his restaurant.....we left & went next door to the squirrel.tree.

Squirrel tree owner is retired marine & happy to allow firearms...concealed or open!

amlevin

Friend & I were on the way to chelan, stopped by the above-mentioned establishment for a bite to eat. After waiting for about 10 minutes to have our order taken, we finally get to place our order. About wo minutes into waiting for our burgers, the owner approached, pointing at my 1911 & asking if it was a bb gun. When I simply stated, "no", he freaked, telling me that his liquor license didn't allow it.

When I told him it wasn't against the law, he switched his story to "i have a bar here". He finally just said he didn't want them in his restaurant.....we left & went next door to the squirrel.tree.

Squirrel tree owner is retired marine & happy to allow firearms...concealed or open!

Good move. I don't think I would want to eat in a place where the owner can't read the law regarding firearms in his place. Chances are he can't read the health department regulations either.

sudden valley gunner

Good move. I don't think I would want to eat in a place where the owner can't read the law regarding firearms in his place. Chances are he can't read the health department regulations either.

I agree good move.

'What do you mean we have to wash our equipment every night?';)

The progression from lying to truthfulness is hilarious.

Isn't that funny how that goes. Even more hilarious watching police do it when they illegally detain you for OC......:eek: Oh no a guy who knows we are lying to him......:lol:

5jeffro7

update

I had to leave a review of their establishment as a warning to other pro-gun people....thanks for the comments & ideas which were put to good use on the review page

Last edited: