• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Talking Points, Video

You really need to get that chip off your shoulder pal.

What chip? Was only repeating what had been posted. Then asked a question.

Why do you think your way of gettng OC is the only way? The so called self appointed leaders over on mocarry have no interest in helping get OC and have so stated such.

Festus_Hagen

What chip? Was only repeating what had been posted. Then asked a question.

Why do you think your way of gettng OC is the only way? The so called self appointed leaders over on mocarry have no interest in helping get OC and have so stated such.
First off, I DON't think MY way is the only way, but numbers would sure help.

SOME people over there, NOT all have no interest. I personally think that part in the video will turn off some people that MAY be on the fence.

The way I see it, you have 3 types of people over there:

1) The kind that DON'T want OC.
2) The kind that don't really care and are maybe not as educated about it. The video content could sway those people the wrong way or the right way, depending upon how it's worded and the way they take it.
3) The kind that DO want OC , such as LMTD, MSPgunner, and myself as well as some others.

SOME of those people could help if swayed the right way, IMO .

So my post was actually trying to help, even if the wording was a little abrasive. I still say don't burn any bridges as you try to get this thing done.

Last edited:

mspgunner

First off, I DON't think MY way is the only way, but numbers would sure help.

SOME people over there, NOT all have no interest. I personally think that part in the video will turn off some people that MAY be on the fence.

The way I see it, you have 3 types of people over there:

1) The kind that DON'T want OC.
2) The kind that don't really care and are maybe not as educated about it. The video content could sway those people the wrong way or the right way, depending upon how it's worded and the way they take it.
3) The kind that DO want OC , such as LMTD, MSPgunner, and myself as well as some others.

SOME of those people could help if swayed the right way, IMO .

So my post was actually trying to help, even if the wording was a little abrasive. I still say don't burn any bridges as you try to get this thing done.

Very nice, great post!

Tony4310

This was a fantastic video. I really enjoyed it and will pass it on to family in IL. They ( my family in il ) want OC and CC in IL, not just CC. This video also makes me want to go out and open carry even more. :monkey

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This video also makes me want to go out and open carry even more. :monkey

You were supposed to with the other 14 or so of us at Chevy's tonight, instead you stayed home and now we have dancing fruit again.

Edit: oops I see it was not fruit, you were indeed playing with your monkey!

:D

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
And I respect your opinion. I may not fully agree with you, but that's OK. :)

And you will indeed be invited to dinner, hit the second Chevys on the tour tonight, good food and got to meet a newbie. Still no estimate for the Columbia location, but we WILL get there.

She is not for or opposed either one, seems to respect the right but wisely chooses not to carry as she is not comfortable, a good choice in the serious matter of carrying a firearm.

Festus_Hagen

And you will indeed be invited to dinner, hit the second Chevys on the tour tonight, good food and got to meet a newbie. Still no estimate for the Columbia location, but we WILL get there.

She is not for or opposed either one, seems to respect the right but wisely chooses not to carry as she is not comfortable, a good choice in the serious matter of carrying a firearm.
Glad all went well. Hopefully they realize they have gained a group of good patrons that are a threat to nobody. I'll watch for the Columbia date.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Glad all went well. Hopefully they realize they have gained a group of good patrons that are a threat to nobody. I'll watch for the Columbia date.

There ya go: Columbia, MO 1010 I-70 Dr. SW 7-10-2011

Unless a trip to deliver supplies to Joplin or other thing gets in the way, you can mark your calendar.

Was not going to gamble on 4th holiday.

Tony4310

I was at my Cousins house in Dowell IL this weekend. I don't see them much and they wanted me to come down. Other wise I would of been there. :banana:

You were supposed to with the other 14 or so of us at Chevy's tonight, instead you stayed home and now we have dancing fruit again.

Edit: oops I see it was not fruit, you were indeed playing with your monkey!

:D

Tony4310

I'll be in IL for the 4th to shoot and shoot and shoot and BBQ and shoot and shoot and shoot some more. I'll be putting my Ruger through hell that weekend so good call from me as well on the 4th! :lol:

peterarthur

Hmm, couple of things.

Please stop quoting the Japanese admiral Yamamoto saying "rifle behind every blade of grass". There is NO document proving it was ever said, just thousands of 2A advocates repeating. It's a great quote but it is unproven, probably attributed to him because of these DOCUMENTED quotes:

"Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it is not enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House. I wonder if our politicians, among whom armchair arguments about war are being glibly bandied about in the name of state politics, have confidence as to the final outcome and are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices."

He did not think it was possible to invade and win unless the Japanese leaders were ready for serious losses.

"A military man can scarcely pride himself on having "smitten a sleeping enemy"; it is more a matter of shame, simply, for the one smitten."

Japanese sense of honor circa 1941...

"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

He believed a protracted war was unwinnable. he was right.

"The fiercest serpent may be overcome by a swarm of ants."

That's Yamamoto.

Now the poster that says "100% of gun owners are criminals". Propaganda -- as I have hard core leftist friends who own guns. We disagree on almost everything else but guns. Even some morons have a self-preservation instinct.

OK, I liked the bike holster :)