Thread: Danville,VA store clerk pulls a fast one on would-be robber!!

Cool Danville,VA store clerk pulls a fast one on would-be robber!!

I just thought everyone would get sa good smile from this. I just hope the clerk doesn't get in trouble with his boss.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/a...-Store-Robbery

I would suspect he will be in trouble with the police. Shooting into the air? Did the bullets return to earth? And judging by the store name, this may have happened near an airport.
    I see lots of errors, but I'm glad he was able turn the tables on the robber.

I tell you what. If some crook fired a shot at me I wouldnt be firing into the air. The very least they would be hearing the bullets wizzing past them.

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Every Time

"The clerk told detectives he responded by firing several shots into the air. "

Well, whenever I fire a weapon no matter where it's pointed the bullets always go "into the air", every time.
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Great that he stopped a would be robber but he is a big dumb *** for shooting in the air. If your such a puss that you don't want to shoot at someone shooting at you then don't carry a firearm. Just think if his rounds hit an innocent person his dumb *** would go to jail and the robber would be free. Think people think.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Resto Guy View Post
    I would suspect he will be in trouble with the police. Shooting into the air? Did the bullets return to earth? And judging by the store name, this may have happened near an airport.
    I see lots of errors, but I'm glad he was able turn the tables on the robber.
    What? Shooting into the air near an AIR port is a bad idea? lol

This is why you don't talk to police... Telling the police that you decided to fire multiple shots into the air (assuming they meant the sky) just to scare someone after they already fled, CLEARLY NOT SELF DEFENSE ANYMORE, can do you no good.

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Good Prostects

Good Prospects

Well just maybe the folks who work in these stores are good candidates for OCDO members. I guess I'll try handing out some of our NC Gun Rights flyers as I stop at different stores and see what kind of response I get.
    Last edited by EricDailey X-NRA; 06-12-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Prospects
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Howdy Folks!
    I'd be surprised if he isn't charged with discharging a firearm in city limits.

It should be remembered that a citizen is responsible for every bullet fired.
    Elementary sight picture 101. Do not fire at anything you are unwilling to destroy.
    If he had a clear shot at the bad guy, fine, take the shot.
    Otherwise, where's that bullet going? Where is it going to land?
    Responsibility would suggest don't fire without clear aim and objective target.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

coincidentally, i was in Danville Friday. doing some work there. of course OCing. did have an interesting encounter with some trusties doing work in the city cemetery. the city employees there didn't bat an eye and were very helpful. everyone i met there seemed to be carry friendly, but then that is what you would expect in VA.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!

It should be remembered that a citizen is responsible for every bullet fired.
    Elementary sight picture 101. Do not fire at anything you are unwilling to destroy.
    If he had a clear shot at the bad guy, fine, take the shot.
    Otherwise, where's that bullet going? Where is it going to land?
    Responsibility would suggest don't fire without clear aim and objective target.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Not to mention a waste of good ammo.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Meh... It is Danville, they shoot into the air for kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!

In VA (and MOST states) firing a firearm in self-defense is a "positive defense" against prohibitions against firing inside city limits...

Any DA who wants to keep his job will clear this clerk, and NOT charge him with anything,,,
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Dreamer, I agree with your point. However, I think claiming self-defense while discharging your weapon and chasing an armed fleeing criminal would be a weak defense in court.
    Unless you're a cop, that is.