• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Danville,VA store clerk pulls a fast one on would-be robber!!

Resto Guy

I would suspect he will be in trouble with the police. Shooting into the air? Did the bullets return to earth? And judging by the store name, this may have happened near an airport.
I see lots of errors, but I'm glad he was able turn the tables on the robber.

nobama

I tell you what. If some crook fired a shot at me I wouldnt be firing into the air. The very least they would be hearing the bullets wizzing past them.

EricDailey X-NRA

Every Time

"The clerk told detectives he responded by firing several shots into the air. "

Well, whenever I fire a weapon no matter where it's pointed the bullets always go "into the air", every time.

Carry24/7

Great that he stopped a would be robber but he is a big dumb *** for shooting in the air. If your such a puss that you don't want to shoot at someone shooting at you then don't carry a firearm. Just think if his rounds hit an innocent person his dumb *** would go to jail and the robber would be free. Think people think.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I would suspect he will be in trouble with the police. Shooting into the air? Did the bullets return to earth? And judging by the store name, this may have happened near an airport.
I see lots of errors, but I'm glad he was able turn the tables on the robber.

What? Shooting into the air near an AIR port is a bad idea? lol

This is why you don't talk to police... Telling the police that you decided to fire multiple shots into the air (assuming they meant the sky) just to scare someone after they already fled, CLEARLY NOT SELF DEFENSE ANYMORE, can do you no good.

EricDailey X-NRA

Good Prostects

Good Prospects

Well just maybe the folks who work in these stores are good candidates for OCDO members. I guess I'll try handing out some of our NC Gun Rights flyers as I stop at different stores and see what kind of response I get.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I'd be surprised if he isn't charged with discharging a firearm in city limits.

It should be remembered that a citizen is responsible for every bullet fired.
Elementary sight picture 101. Do not fire at anything you are unwilling to destroy.
If he had a clear shot at the bad guy, fine, take the shot.
Otherwise, where's that bullet going? Where is it going to land?
Responsibility would suggest don't fire without clear aim and objective target.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

papa bear

coincidentally, i was in Danville Friday. doing some work there. of course OCing. did have an interesting encounter with some trusties doing work in the city cemetery. the city employees there didn't bat an eye and were very helpful. everyone i met there seemed to be carry friendly, but then that is what you would expect in VA. :D

Carry24/7

Howdy Folks!

It should be remembered that a citizen is responsible for every bullet fired.
Elementary sight picture 101. Do not fire at anything you are unwilling to destroy.
If he had a clear shot at the bad guy, fine, take the shot.
Otherwise, where's that bullet going? Where is it going to land?
Responsibility would suggest don't fire without clear aim and objective target.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Not to mention a waste of good ammo.:mad:

Dreamer

Howdy Folks!

In VA (and MOST states) firing a firearm in self-defense is a "positive defense" against prohibitions against firing inside city limits...

Any DA who wants to keep his job will clear this clerk, and NOT charge him with anything,,,

Resto Guy

Dreamer, I agree with your point. However, I think claiming self-defense while discharging your weapon and chasing an armed fleeing criminal would be a weak defense in court.
Unless you're a cop, that is.