• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Increasing Awareness, Interest, Support and Participation.

Badger Johnson

People everywhere are not especially aware of their environment, armed, not armed and everything in between. You seem to be basing your argument on the 'fallacy' that if you OC, a criminal will run up and steal your gun and shoot you. Though it might be possible, we only have 1-2 examples (allegedly) among the thousands of OCs. It's not common.

How many LEOs fail to go to the range as they should, shoot into the ground near a suspect's head due to bad handling, shoot through the back of a car window and kill the subject, and so on. Lots. And they're supposed to be pros. Civilians are generally carrying because they like guns. Cops carry because they have to. The best shooters in comps are often civilians.

Admittedly, there are some people who should not be near guns. Total klutzes. We had one in our CHL class - dipsy woman in a wheelchair who just had no attention span or coordination. She could have take 200 hrs of training and still been a danger to herself and others. Doesn't mean we should make laws to govern thousands based on her ineptitude.

BountyXP

I've been monitoring this thread and as it devolves into the "should we or shouldn't we" of OC licensing, people are failing to see the fallacy in some of the arguments presented. Licensing for OC does not, in and of itself, guarantee anything other than revenue for the state, restrictions of rights, registration and record keeping on gun owners, and exclusion of certain individuals.

Look at driver's licenses. There are literally tens of thousands of people on the streets of Florida we can all agree have no business behind the wheel. They passed a written test. They passed a driving test. They were issued a license. Yet they wield a 3,000 lb piece of steel that can kill as easily as a firearm and are reckless, negligent, or just plain oblivious to their surroundings or other drivers.

To emulate that in OC licensing, a person would have to pass a written test on gun laws, show practical knowledge of handling and operating a weapon, and pass some sort of "retention" test.

The truth is that NO amount of licensing will prevent all of the idiots out there from owning a gun. Just as it doesn't prevent the idiots from getting behind the wheel. And driving isn't a Constitutionally-protected right. To ensure all of our Constitutional rights are protected, they must be inalienable to all. Not just to those we want to exercise them. Punishing the vast majority of us to prevent the occasional moron from OC'ing isn't the answer. Societal acceptance, education, and a sense of normalcy need to be fostered. Criminals that use guns (who will get them regardless of gun control laws or measures) need to be viciously prosecuted. But forcing everyone to take hours and hours of classes and pay for licensing fees isn't the answer...JMHO.

Last edited:

crashnjax

People everywhere are not especially aware of their environment, armed, not armed and everything in between. You seem to be basing your argument on the 'fallacy' that if you OC, a criminal will run up and steal your gun and shoot you. Though it might be possible, we only have 1-2 examples (allegedly) among the thousands of OCs. It's not common.

How many LEOs fail to go to the range as they should, shoot into the ground near a suspect's head due to bad handling, shoot through the back of a car window and kill the subject, and so on. Lots. And they're supposed to be pros. Civilians are generally carrying because they like guns. Cops carry because they have to. The best shooters in comps are often civilians.

Admittedly, there are some people who should not be near guns. Total klutzes. We had one in our CHL class - dipsy woman in a wheelchair who just had no attention span or coordination. She could have take 200 hrs of training and still been a danger to herself and others. Doesn't mean we should make laws to govern thousands based on her ineptitude.

Your comment is most well thought out and i compliment you on it. You hit it right on the head. Keep it up. I do hope I meet registered voters that are just as well thought out as you are. :dude:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I have this slight feeling that the people on this forum just want to brandish their hand guns. Ask yourself is this really about opencarry or is this about "Oh I have a gun don't mess with me" type of thing?.

From where do you get that feeling?

Strip out the ego and you're right. We want to carry to prevent Bad Guys from messing with us. Concealed only gives us a chance to fight back after it's too late. Open is preventative by showing that the intended target is not soft. "I have a gun, better not try that crap on me." That's exactly what it is. Duh.

A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. Not good.

77zach

Is there a particular reason why mach1chris deleted all his messages??

AD

Temper tantrum? Somebody was being a little bit of an A-hole to him because he was advocating mandatory training to exercise a right. He seemed like a pretty good guy. I hope he comes back.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm glad I didn't have to start that thread. I wouldn't be surprised if someone started leaning on him from his department.... If indeed he has one. He was alright in my book. Coming from me, that's big words.

Last edited:

crashnjax

Petition/Awareness Drive/Rallies

As a pro gun candidate for district 1. I am looking to hold petition/awareness drives/rallies during my campaign to the state senate. I cant do it alone though. I will need you the voter's help. District 1 covers(currently) the following counties-Duval, St. Johns, Putnam, Flagler, and Volusia. I want to hold petition/ awareness drives in those counties. Any one that lives in those counties, i would really like to hear from via PM, Email, or my separate forum, on places to hold these petition drives at. Thanks for your time.
John Strifler
crashnjax@att.net
johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com
crash.jax_fl on yahoo
I am not hard to find. I also live next to Jax heights elementary school. :dude::cool::banana:

swatpamike

Hello People

I am still planing to set up a table at the Palmetto Gun Show on July 16-17. I need help in finding a banner and figure out what I am going to put on the back of the Open Carry flyer.

I was thinking about printing the text of Senate Bill 234 on the back of the flyer but it will not fit on one page. So if anyone has any suggestion on which part of the text to include that would be great.

Please anyone with a banner please contact me ASAP. Thanks

Cheers

Mike

mavidal

Hello People

I am still planing to set up a table at the Palmetto Gun Show on July 16-17. I need help in finding a banner and figure out what I am going to put on the back of the Open Carry flyer.

I was thinking about printing the text of Senate Bill 234 on the back of the flyer but it will not fit on one page. So if anyone has any suggestion on which part of the text to include that would be great.

Mike

Mike, Why don't you print it in two columns on the back, and highlight the screwed up part.

Mike V

swatpamike

Mike, Why don't you print it in two columns on the back, and highlight the screwed up part.

Mike V

To much text to keep it on one page and making the fonts small enough to fit wont work. I worked on it last night and this is the text I can fit on one page. Everyone let me know what you think.

Cheers

Mike

An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.053,F.S.; providing that a person who is licensed to carry a concealed firearm is not in violation of law if the firearm is briefly and openly displayed under certain circumstances; providing that a person may not openly carry a weapon or firearm or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into specified locations; providing that concealed carry licensees shall not be prohibited from carrying or storing a firearm in a vehicle for lawful purposes; providing that a provision limiting the scope of a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm does not modify
certain exceptions to prohibited acts with respect to a person’s right to keep and bear arms in motor 18 vehicles for certain purposes;

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection(2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
Section 2. Paragraph (c) of subsection (5) and subsection(12)of section 790.06, Florida Statutes, are amended to read: 790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.
(12)(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:
1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;
2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; 3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail; 4. Any courthouse;
5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom. Any polling place; 7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose.
13. Any college or university.
14. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited.

Any person who knowingly and willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(b) A person licensed under this section shall not be prohibited from carrying or storing a firearm in a vehicle for lawful purposes.

crashnjax

As a pro gun candidate for district 1. I am looking to hold petition/awareness drives/rallies during my campaign to the state senate. I cant do it alone though. I will need you the voter's help. District 1 covers(currently) the following counties-Duval, St. Johns, Putnam, Flagler, and Volusia. I want to hold petition/ awareness drives in those counties. Any one that lives in those counties, i would really like to hear from via PM, Email, or my separate forum, on places to hold these petition drives at. Thanks for your time.
John Strifler
crashnjax@att.net
johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com
crash.jax_fl on yahoo
I am not hard to find. I also live next to Jax heights elementary school. :dude::cool::banana:

Is any one interested?:question::confused:

crashnjax

Is any one interested?:question::confused:
I am having a petition drive in Duval county. The 1st of many to come in District 1. Any one interested in attending need only email me or just show up. Its game time. Act or just sit on the fence and quit complaining. July 30th and 31st at 5051 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL32205 it's a small business. Which is one of my topics that im supporting. The business is called " A Fu Kein Good Tattoo" . Bring your pens and check books. Its will be 930am to 2 pm both days. Plenty of parking across the street from the shop. I will be there to answer any questions pertaining to topics of interest that pertain to state issues. If i dont have an answer i will tell you i dont. Come meet me face to face. Come meet a man of honor, respect, and most of all a commoner of the people.