• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Oregon, living in Salem

Guy B. Meredith

The mix here is very different from California where I know what to expect. What are the firearms ownership and carry attitudes, what are the patterns of attitude? Who faints at the sight of a firearm, who shows interest in gunnies? By city, county or region?

I see quite a few posts of people having no trouble with open carry in Salem and all, but I perceived a guarded response to me just wearing a S&W International Revolver Championship hat.

willigun

Welcome to Salem. I must advise caution open carrying in Salem if you don't have Oregon chl. There are several cities in Oregon (on the west side of the mountains) that have a requirement for chl to open carry. use caution. As far as carrying, most don't even notice. safe carrying.

sheepdog762

open carry without a permit is ok in salem as long as your firearm is not loaded you may have loaded mags on your person just not attached to the gun. I open carry everyday in salem and have had no bad encounters