• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chevy's tour updates here

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yo bro, anytime you want to hit Bench Rest give me a shout, it's gonna be home away from home for me.

Will do, it ain't far from me at all. I am not sure I could drive directly there lol, there were a few turns and I was following, but you never know.

I have one more major purchase coming and that is a 308 or 30-06 or perhaps back to the shoulder therapist love, another 300 win mag.

We shot on the 300 yard range last time and that is about it for the AR, it was fun. Four deer strolled across like nothing was going on at the 200 yard line, it was kind of neat to stop and let them pass.

One guy had one of those benchrest guns that is a barrel attached to machinist type of bases, it was interesting to look at for sure.

mspgunner

There are a lot of hi-tech shooters there and a good number of 600 yard folks. I have no intention of shooting 600 yards. I'm geting very good at 200 and will start the slow stretch to 300. That's the limit, I don't care to spend more on optics.
The competitions I'm interested are 200 yards.

kylemoul

count me in for a maybe. havnt joined up with you guys in a while. i dont think im doing anything. bdays the 24th so i think ill get all the partying out of me by sunday.

takon074

Registered here to post in this MO forum. I would like to come to the mills meet, but I'm pretty sure in stl county you need a ccw to oc. Maybe ill try to make the next st Charles meet.

Superlite27

Registered here to post in this MO forum. I would like to come to the mills meet, but I'm pretty sure in stl county you need a ccw to oc. Maybe ill try to make the next st Charles meet.

Welcome to the forum!

Just a reminder, there's no "requirement" to conform to anything. We're just a bunch of good folks who are like-minded about open carry. We've often had folks join us who weren't comfortable OC'ing at first and didn't decide to do so until they became comfortable with it. That's fine. We're not all about peer pressure to do something you're uncomfortable with. (Unless your name is Tony and assless chaps are involved. BTW: Aren't all chaps assless? Otherwise, they'd be pants, right?)

There's no "requirement" to carry at all.

You already have the right idea about checking the legality in the areas you are headed for. If you don't have your CCW yet, don't feel you are unwelcome just because you have no means to carry at the location we're meeting. By all means, feel free to join us.

The only thing reccommended is support for open carry and a good sense of humor. Although, with this group, I'm sure several of us wouldn't enjoy a few rabid anti-gunners showing up as several smart-asses seem to enjoy starting pointless arguments, voicing unasked for comments, and offering unsolicited advice about numerous other topics such as assless chaps, browsing one's wardrobe and donning the proper attire when confronted with one of those liesurely late night break-ins, and which one of us really looks like a police officer. (...as mentioned in the Post Dispatch)

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

Dinner at Chevy's is a celebration of honest and open good faith efforts to change the perceptions of legal firearms owners, nothing more and nothing less. It is advertised on forums and webspaces involving firearms, not just the carry of firearms.

I am indeed an OC advocate so I tend to spend my time here but that does not mean one even has to want to open carry.

Firearms are not required to attend a Chevy's event, if one chooses to involve firearms all that is asked is that all laws be followed and there is a preference for rifles to be left at home, all are preferred to be in a holster, nothing more and nothing less.

You are welcome to join us in whatever capacity you so choose.

Last edited:

takon074

Well to be safe I'll just holster a water pistol for the mills meet :lol: Maybe some water balloons in the extra mag spot.
I know according to the PD article you can carry anywhere in St Chas, but need a CCW in "the county".

Last edited:

Morpheus97

LMTD +1
Morpheus97+1, good to hear from you again, thanks for your efforts and the Joplin donations again and tell your father (Sam I believe) that we said hello!

Thanks, haven't had time to keep up with the forums lately. We were glad to be able to help out. I'll definitely tell him hello for you, and you are close...his name is Stan. Still planning to be there Sunday.

Morpheus97

I know according to the PD article you can carry anywhere in St Chas, but need a CCW in "the county".

Welcome to the forums.

That's not completely true. The best advice I can give you is to verify firearm carry laws for yourself. A good resource is: http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/

Also take the time to look around the forums if you want to learn more. There are many very knowledgeable people that post on this forum. I have learned a lot over the last several months by reading threads here.

sohighlyunlikely

I have invited a very political minded woman by the name of Linda Ragsdale and she said she will be there. She is a friend of mine and Marc's. She helped me get on the Dave Glover show this evening as OC was a big topic of discussion. She is a supporter of the cause.

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Bumping it to the top for any newbies who want to attend

If you have not caught it before now, this is an open invite, carry of any type is optional, it is just a celebration for efforts of the past and showing support to a business we were sucessful in educating that removed the no guns signs.

Swing by if you like, you will find a lot of nice folks including the potential to snap a shot of Tony in assless chaps you can use for extort him with, just smile and repeat "facebook" over and over until he caves!

Seriously though folks, this is all about enjoying some food and having a good time, hope to see you at five.

mspgunner

Do you have a "count"? I've told a lot of folks, everyone has an excuse. So many are curious about OC, the best way to learn is to do! I learned a lot, it's your right, use it or lose it. The company is great, just a lot of good people from different areas and different walks of life getting together for good times.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Do you have a "count"?

LMTD +1
Doc +1
Superlite
Tony
MSPgunner
MadinMo +3
StevenStL
Morpheus97+1
Eggman +1 remain a maybe, he has only made one and said he might.

That is 16 and I have a couple of other not sure, I know Doc said he had a couple of perhaps folks too.

Nothing wrong with reminding folks that our get togethers have always been carry optional, even when Doc did starbucks oc was not a requirement, I was at a few CCW myself in fact that is why I am not in more of the photos, I felt it would be false if I were to uncover for a photo op so I took the shots sometimes as well.

That is the cool thing about the OC folks, they do not care or pressure others to do the same, they seek only to be left alone to follow their own ideas within their rights and the laws, nothing more and nothing LESS EVER!

mspgunner

LMTD +1
Doc +1
Superlite
Tony
MSPgunner
MadinMo +3
StevenStL
Morpheus97+1
Eggman +1 remain a maybe, he has only made one and said he might.

That is 16 and I have a couple of other not sure, I know Doc said he had a couple of perhaps folks too.

Nothing wrong with reminding folks that our get togethers have always been carry optional, even when Doc did starbucks oc was not a requirement, I was at a few CCW myself in fact that is why I am not in more of the photos, I felt it would be false if I were to uncover for a photo op so I took the shots sometimes as well.

That is the cool thing about the OC folks, they do not care or pressure others to do the same, they seek only to be left alone to follow their own ideas within their rights and the laws, nothing more and nothing LESS EVER!

Cool! Could be the largest OC gathering in STL area ever.

kylemoul

i will be there tonight. might bring the old lady just to take her out for dinner if she wants to go.