• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling I 81 corridor

bed92186

traveling I 81 corridor tomorrow on family vacation. SC CWP with Va reciprocity. Hoping to not have any negative encounters should I decide to OC which I usually do in Georgia. Through research, it appears Va LEOs are educated on this subject.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
traveling I 81 corridor tomorrow on family vacation. SC CWP with Va reciprocity. Hoping to not have any negative encounters should I decide to OC which I usually do in Georgia. Through research, it appears Va LEOs are educated on this subject.

Some are. Carry a voice recorder, it helps them remember their education.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I don't wanta jinx your trip, but if you are not sure about the acceptance of OC by law enforcement where you are traveling, why risk upsetting a family vacation?

Its one thing to get harrassed or arrested while at a park for a day trip. Its something else to have a whole vacation screwed up.

Sheriff

.......... it appears Va LEOs are educated on this subject.

Trust me, being educated in no way means that a few of them will respect your rights.

All it takes is one simple misguided rookie to ruin your day. It's Pot Luck out there nowadays!

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Trust me, being educated in no way means that a few of them will respect your rights.

All it takes is one simple misguided rookie to ruin your day. It's Pot Luck out there nowadays!

And the wonderful thing about pot luck is that the numbers of losers is very small. Sure, they will always be with us. But we are slowly but surely making it harder for them to get away with their shinanigans.

stay safe.