• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

That was strange....

Sheldon

On of my too many hobbies is I belong to a Pyro guild, and we had a club shoot 125 miles from home...

So it is after midnight, I stop by a mini mart gas station to top of the tank before I get back to the higher priced fuel in my area. I am tired and there is a fairly large group (8-10) of kids (16-20) hanging out, making lots of noise, but not being any kind of apparent problem...

I decide to make it easy for me, older guy 6'4" I switch from CC to OC while I fuel up...
As I get out of my PU, dual mag pouch, HK in the pancake I jump out and leave my jacket in the PU to help cool off and wake up in the evening air...

And all the kids go quiet and split post haste....

kind of suspicious, maybe they thought I was a cop....

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I've had the same happen to me when there have been young people present... one time a group purchasing beer just stood there as I bought a six-pack and then looked at each other and took off. Another time I was at a counter at a local party store when a group of teens walked in, looked at me, and turned right around and walked away quietly. Now, they COULD have been there for legal and legitimate purchases... :lol:

BTW: "Party Store" is a "liquor store" for you non-Michiganders who may be reading this.

Last edited:

Sheldon

I've had the same happen to me when there have been young people present... one time a group purchasing beer just stood there as I bought a six-pack and then looked at each other and took off. Another time I was at a counter at a local party store when a group of teens walked in, looked at me, and turned right around and walked away quietly. Now, they COULD have been there for legal and legitimate purchases... :lol:

BTW: "Party Store" is a "liquor store" for you non-Michiganders who may be reading this.

What about MI law that prohibits the carrying of a gun in a place licensed by the state to sell booze, could that have been an issue had there been an altercation or is there something I am missing here....

eastmeyers

What about MI law that prohibits the carrying of a gun in a place licensed by the state to sell booze, could that have been an issue had there been an altercation or is there something I am missing here....
DrTodd, is exempted, as he has a CPL, as most (at least many) of us do. :D If you have a CPL, you can OC @ places that have a LL.
:banana: