Thread: A fun night at the steak and shake!

A fun night at the steak and shake!

This last Saturday night myself and two friends of mine went to the steak and shake in Troy. One of my friends had his wife with him and I had my 5 year old daughter with me. Well obviously myself and my two friends were all open carrying. We were waiting on our food when I happen to look across the table and I saw this lady had here camera phone out and was taking a picture of my friend's glock 23 he was carrying. He was oblivious to it at first, then when he noticed he chuckled slightly and asked her jokingly if she would like a group picture of all three of us since were were all carrying. And this woman's eyes got HUGE and all excited said "you guys are all carrying guns?" then asked if we could all stand in front of our table sideways for her so she could get a picture of us at the restaurant with our guns in the open. Naturally since this is the kind of interaction we like with people we happily obliged to her request. After our miniature photo shoot, we proceeded to eat and carry on a full conversation with this lady and the group of 3 she was with. She went on to mention that where she is from, OC is completely unseen and unheard of. When we found out where she was from......we all bowed our heads and apologized to hear that sad news of where they were from. They were professional photographers from LA, and where here in Ohio doing a wedding. But we happily informed them on how it is completely legal in Ohio to carry a gun in the open as we were, and along with other conversation. All in all it was a great interaction with people that were curious, and we OCed into a steak and shake at 2 in the morning on a Saturday night and not a LEO in sight!!!! It was great and I thought you guys would love to hear about this.

More sheeple educated by a non-event.
    Maybe they'll spread the word that gun /= criminal, at least in the free states.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by IxionDeece View Post
    This last Saturday night myself and two friends of mine went to the steak and shake in Troy. One of my friends had his wife with him and I had my 5 year old daughter with me. Well obviously myself and my two friends were all open carrying.
    Very good!

When I visit my brother up in northern Ohio, I tend to open carry as much as his wife will allow me. If I could ever convince my brother to do it, we'd be in the majority at the table.

AD

That was really cool and glad that everything turn out ok.

Founder's Club Member
    I just saw your post IxionDeece. Thanks for sharing. Those are the good interactions people need.

good

good to read a positive all around event