• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Arkansas for a few days

REALteach4u

Can I carry in Condition 1: chambered? I'll be in CC mode the entire visit.

I've been all over Arkansas law and cannot find any clear definition on: Loaded. I also see that the concealed carry statute is muddied.

I didn't get why it would say that the firearm violation does not apply: IF a person is in a vehicle AND holds a concealed carry permit. That is basically no different than their peaceable journey law, it just doesn't make any sense to have it worded this way.

The nearest HP office is quite the distance from where we are, so contacting them in person isn't an option at all. Some guidance on what and where in the law would be greatly appreciated as I'm patronizing businesses in Arkansas for the week.

BTW, I went past Gunman training center, the facility looks nice from the outside. Too bad we couldn't stop.

KBCraig

Can I carry in Condition 1: chambered? I'll be in CC mode the entire visit.

I've been all over Arkansas law and cannot find any clear definition on: Loaded. I also see that the concealed carry statute is muddied.
Your question is muddied. Do you have a license recognized by Arkansas? That's the only legally safe way to carry in Arkansas.

If you do, then you can carry in any condition you want, so long as the gun is concealed.

If you don't, then good luck if you choose to rely on the "journey" provision.

KBCraig

In some states if you print or it shows a little and someone calls the cops it would be considered "Brandishing a weapon" which is ridiculous I just hope AR does not have such law.
No, it's not like that in AR.

Oh, I did forget one bizarre part of Arkansas law: while carrying, you must notify a private homeowner and obtain permission before entering their house. Louisiana has the same crazy law; I think they're the only two states with that requirement.

How enforceable is it? I don't know.