• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once upon a time in a land ...not too far away..A Ferry tale

user

Accomplished Advocate
One question I have is this: will the armies of the distant King be interested in investigating? Or would they side with and support the local lord, using the pretext of investigation as a way of screwing up the Ogre? Imperial politics is such a difficult thing to read, especially when there are dragons involved.

Last edited:

sidestreet

"Listen my children and you shall hear...,"

Peter, fill in the rest please..., I'm about to have an accident.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Thundar

§ 18.2-472. False entries or destruction of records by officers.

If a clerk of any court or other public officer fraudulently make a false entry, or erase, alter, secrete or destroy any record, including a microphotographic copy, in his keeping and belonging to his office, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor and shall forfeit his office and be forever incapable of holding any office of honor, profit or trust under the Constitution of Virginia.

Link: http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?000+cod+18.2-472

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter, fill in the rest please..., I'm about to have an accident.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

OK, next chapter..

The Handsome Photographer armed with many Magic Remembering devices, met with a brave warrior famous for his use of Grapeshot, and they went in search of the missing document.

They had a magic letter from a great man of the law to be given to the Sheriff of Nottingham.

After searching the land for the Sheriff, they found him. He was very afraid of these two and acted as if they were there to rob them.

The two warriors of virtue used the magic letter and then went to the Harbor Masters office to make note of it.
They had also found that there was a way to get under the bridge without a key.

The Harbor Masters office was closed for lunch but being persistent, they went outside and smoked many cigarettes.

When the assistant Harbor Master came back, they made note of the magic letter. Then the Assistant Harbor Master held up the missing paper and said "did you sneak in here while I was at lunch, and leave this"?

"Why No" said the Handsome Videographer, the door was locked".

Well Said the grouchy Assistant Harbor Master, "It wasn't here when I left and now it's here after being missing for a week...I suppose the Good Ferry brought it here".

When the two were outside, the Handsome Videographer handed his General Assembly ID to the warrior and said "You have eyes like an Eagle, look at the date of birth and see if it says...yesterday.

Next chapter later but a question to ponder in the meantime.

Could it have been left by the Good Ferry ar could it be someone else?

Thundar

One question I have is this: will the armies of the distant King be interested in investigating? Or would they side with and support the local lord, using the pretext of investigation as a way of screwing up the Ogre? Imperial politics is such a difficult thing to read, especially when there are dragons involved.

We are already up to screwed by the cooch #11.

Thundar

Was it left by the good ferry, or by someone else? This is a great fairy tale, since I haven't got a clue about the answer Peter I should ask more questions....

1. Are the Billy Goat and the Assistant Harbor Master blood kin?
2. Does the Billy Goat have access to the harbormasters office because he doubles as sheriff's deputy?
3. Could the Sheriff have tipped off the Billy Goat about your quest, creating an opportunity for the Billy Goat to return the Ogres papers to their rightful place before he thought you would be able to inquire about the Ogres papers to the assistant harbormaster?
4. Is the ogre as ugly as Grapeshot says he is?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Was it left by the good ferry, or by someone else? This is a great fairy tale, since I haven't got a clue about the answer Peter I should ask more questions....

1. Are the Billy Goat and the Assistant Harbor Master blood kin?

No

2. Does the Billy Goat have access to the harbormasters office because he doubles as sheriff's deputy?

No

3. Could the Sheriff have tipped off the Billy Goat about your quest, creating an opportunity for the Billy Goat to return the Ogres papers to their rightful place before he thought you would be able to inquire about the Ogres papers to the assistant harbormaster?

Perhaps but it was literally minutes.

4. Is the ogre as ugly as Grapeshot says he is?

Yes
..:lol:

Thundar

5. So, if I review the tale and examine 18.2 -472 then I believe that if the leaver/returner of the ogres pleadings is a harbormaster/asst harbormaster or other loyal officer of the Commonwealth or the county squire, yes?

6. Was the court jester (commonwealth barrister) within a country mile of the bridge?

7. Were any of the blue meanies images captured on your magic memmory devices today?

8. Do you think LEO 229/NovaCop will somehow justify this continued transgression against the ogre?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
5. So, if I review the tale and examine 18.2 -472 then I believe that if the leaver/returner of the ogres pleadings is a harbormaster/asst harbormaster or other loyal officer of the Commonwealth or the county squire, yes?

6. Was the court jester (commonwealth barrister) within a country mile of the bridge?

7. Were any of the blue meanies images captured on your his magic memmory devices today?

Yep!

8. Do you think LEO 229/NovaCop will somehow justify this continued transgression against the ogre?

Who cares!

It's only a ferry tale you know!:uhoh:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Stranger alliances have been made when the cause is noble and just - and for the record, we record. Believe the troops from the middle kingdom will respond when the trumpets sound and the roll is called.

Have noticed that some old hobbits can be hard to break and while dragons do come in all sizes 'n shapes, not all wear the magic cloak of invincibility.

user

Accomplished Advocate
It do be a mite peculiar...

And a most wondrous coincidence, that the missing papers should materialize just after the H.V. and Grape had their discussion with the head turnkey. Fortunately, there is a Seeker of Truth who must adjudicate all disputes from a land across the river, and I have it on good information that The Ogre has caused the post-box elves to transmit his incantations to the Seeker in writing, stating his objections to these events in proper legal form. Methinks 'twas relevant to the "bad faith" component of the issue of the destruction of evidence that The Seeker was worried about. Perchance that issue is well and truly nailed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ferry Tales can come true, it can happen to you......if we remember this ain't Kansas Toto.

Thundar

9. Was the evil smurf (blue meanie) captured on the magic memory device while he was in the harbormasters office?

10. Does the blue meanie know he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar?

11. Can he show us the blue meanie's images from the magical memory device?

12. When should the good citizens of the Commonwealth show up at the harbormasters office with pitchforks?

45acpForMe

12. When should the good citizens of the Commonwealth show up at the harbormasters office with pitchforks?

bakenoprisoners.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Thundar
When should the good citizens of the Commonwealth show up at the harbormasters office with pitchforks?
Some already have - determined that one good prod, deserves another.
pitchfork_devil2.gif