Thread: WTF -Joint Finance approves concealed carry bill

WTF -Joint Finance approves concealed carry bill

Are you kidding me??

http://ashlandcurrent.com/article/11...-radio-june-10

SNIP:
    People who want to carry hidden guns in Wisconsin would have to be licensed, undergo background checks and take some kind of training under a concealed carry bill that passed the legislature's budget committee.

The plan is a departure from one Republicans were considering that would have let virtually anyone carry concealed guns with almost no restrictions. This plan would charge Wisconsin residents up to $50 for a permit and for a background check. People would have to show evidence of some kind of training, which could include the state's hunter safety program. Concealed weapons would be banned in government buildings and they could be prohibited in private businesses.

GRRRR - are they f*cking joking????

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Are you kidding me??

http://ashlandcurrent.com/article/11...-radio-june-10

SNIP:
    People who want to carry hidden guns in Wisconsin would have to be licensed, undergo background checks and take some kind of training under a concealed carry bill that passed the legislature's budget committee.

The plan is a departure from one Republicans were considering that would have let virtually anyone carry concealed guns with almost no restrictions. This plan would charge Wisconsin residents up to $50 for a permit and for a background check. People would have to show evidence of some kind of training, which could include the state's hunter safety program. Concealed weapons would be banned in government buildings and they could be prohibited in private businesses.

GRRRR - are they f*cking joking????
    Where have you been? This was last Thursday.

Yup, this is our whole beef with SB93 now. It has been bastardized to the point where it isn't even close to what we wanted.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Just got back from some vacation time so sorry about the old post. WOW, what a bastardization of the original.

Ah, it's not too bad. One of the best in the country still. Going from no cc to this, and even adding in making open carry/cc not disorderly conduct just by itself. I say reconsider after what this state has been though...

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    Ah, it's not too bad. One of the best in the country still. Going from no cc to this, and even adding in making open carry/cc not disorderly conduct just by itself. I say reconsider after what this state has been though...
    Umm, OC in of itself enough for DC: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/file...nCarryMemo.pdf
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sarcasm button on...

I went to the hospital today with 2 broken legs... The doctors said they would fix one but even though the other was fixable they refused to fix it... I suppose it's not to bad.. Now I have only one broken leg.....

Sarcasm botton off....

This sarcasam is not directed at anyone here, just at the mentality of the people in "charge" of passing this bill....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 06-13-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.