• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTF -Joint Finance approves concealed carry bill

anmut

Are you kidding me??

http://ashlandcurrent.com/article/11/06/10/state-headlines-wisconsin-public-radio-june-10

SNIP:
People who want to carry hidden guns in Wisconsin would have to be licensed, undergo background checks and take some kind of training under a concealed carry bill that passed the legislature's budget committee.

The plan is a departure from one Republicans were considering that would have let virtually anyone carry concealed guns with almost no restrictions. This plan would charge Wisconsin residents up to $50 for a permit and for a background check. People would have to show evidence of some kind of training, which could include the state's hunter safety program. Concealed weapons would be banned in government buildings and they could be prohibited in private businesses.

GRRRR - are they f*cking joking????

paul@paul-fisher.com

Are you kidding me??

http://ashlandcurrent.com/article/11/06/10/state-headlines-wisconsin-public-radio-june-10

SNIP:
People who want to carry hidden guns in Wisconsin would have to be licensed, undergo background checks and take some kind of training under a concealed carry bill that passed the legislature's budget committee.

The plan is a departure from one Republicans were considering that would have let virtually anyone carry concealed guns with almost no restrictions. This plan would charge Wisconsin residents up to $50 for a permit and for a background check. People would have to show evidence of some kind of training, which could include the state's hunter safety program. Concealed weapons would be banned in government buildings and they could be prohibited in private businesses.

GRRRR - are they f*cking joking????

Where have you been? This was last Thursday.

protias

Yup, this is our whole beef with SB93 now. It has been bastardized to the point where it isn't even close to what we wanted.

xenophon

Ah, it's not too bad. One of the best in the country still. Going from no cc to this, and even adding in making open carry/cc not disorderly conduct just by itself. I say reconsider after what this state has been though...

Outdoorsman1

Sarcasm button on...

I went to the hospital today with 2 broken legs... The doctors said they would fix one but even though the other was fixable they refused to fix it... I suppose it's not to bad.. Now I have only one broken leg.....

Sarcasm botton off....

This sarcasam is not directed at anyone here, just at the mentality of the people in "charge" of passing this bill....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: