• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Staybridge Suites in Charlotte?

Dreamer

I am going to be staying at the Staybridge Suites in Charlotte next weekend, and I wondered if anyone knew what their firearms policy was. It doesn't seem to be anywhere on their website...

MKEgal

Don't ask don't tell?
They want your money so won't infringe your rights?
(Yes, I know, they're allowed to do that 'cause they're a private company. You know what I mean.)

When you reserve a room, under "comments" ask for a 2A friendly room. :rolleyes:

Worst case, email & ask if they prohibit the peaceful exercise of civil rights.
Or just carry & let them try to tell you to your face that they won't accept your money & want you to go somewhere else.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
I like the "don't ask, don't tell" idea. If they don't clearly prohibit according the policies listed on their website, then I'd say you've done your part. If they have a serious problem with their paying customers being armed then they should make that clear in the policies they list on their website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

So it looks like I'm going to have most of the day free on Saturday (18 June) in Charlotte.

Anyone want to get together for an OC lunch somewhere? I don't know the area at all, so I'd rather not travel too far from the hotel, but I'd love to meet some of the OCDO folks from Charlotte.

Carry24/7

So it looks like I'm going to have most of the day free on Saturday (18 June) in Charlotte.

Anyone want to get together for an OC lunch somewhere? I don't know the area at all, so I'd rather not travel too far from the hotel, but I'd love to meet some of the OCDO folks from Charlotte.

I wish I could but I work from 7am to 7pm in Charlotte. Being I'm a former prisoner of the Republic of Maryland and D.C. We have a little bit in common. But if you find yourself in the 400 block of South Tryon drop by and say hi. I will be working SO hard.

Dreamer

Spent the morning running errands, and visiting a few stores in the area, which I rated on "Friend or Foe". I was OCing my Para Ordnance in a Serpa. Being this close to Para's HQ was a neat feeling, but being a weekend, they are not open, and from what I hear they don't really do tours of the factory anyway. Oh well...

Had lunch at McAlisters Deli in the Ballantyne area--no issues.

Had to stop by AutoZone and pick up a fuse for the Rental Car. My sweetie was trying to run a curling iron off the cigarette lighter socket through an AC transformer last night while I was driving...) I couldn't even find the fuse box for the "auxiliary" fuses, but the guy at AutoZone hooked me up, and even installed the fuse for me. After we got it all working again, he looked at my hip, and said "I didn't even notice you were carrying until just now", and then we had a nice discussion about NC carry law. Turns out he's a recent transplant from California, and I told him that things are VERY different here. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of my newly-printed NC Gun Rights brochures in the car, or I would have given him one...

Stopped in to the Pinevile Gun Shop. Interesting place--small, FULL of stuff, and a prety broad selection of handguns and accessories. The staff (two women!) was friendly and helpful, even though they didn't have what I was looking for (a Pearce +1 butt plate for my G-36). Prices seemed a little high, but they had a little bit of everything, and had some VERY nice pieces, including a Stainless Sig 220, and a Glock 21 that looked like it might fit my needs better than my current G-36. OC-friendly, 100%...

If only we could get HB-111 passed, so I could carry when we go out for dinner this evening...