Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: City of Washington get together

  1. #1
    Regular Member usmcbess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Labadie, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    195

    City of Washington get together

    I will be eating open carry at Beijing Chinese buffet in the City of Washington on Saturday at 11:00 A.M.. The city of Washington does not require a ccw to open carry and I have done so there many times.BInam also trying to find the person who oc's a big revolver in the union/Washington area. Everyone except me has seen this person and I would like to meet them seeing as they ate in my immediate area.

  2. #2
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    I will not be attending.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 06-14-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: changed post
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post

    Sorry, I don't think you'll get many takers for his one.

    MSPGUNNER
    As a vocal critic of some of the methods usmcbess has employed or has explored employing, I would not be opposed to this at all. It is his time selection that eliminates it from my schedule.

    Saturday's belong to my kids, it is the only time they get out of the residential care units and only weddings and funerals have altered that for years.

    Distaste for ones methods do not determine the paths, if it is not violating the law, he is his own man who makes his own choices and I respect that more than distaste can over ride.

    At the same time my methods of expressing myself likely remove me from his "new best friends list" so its all good.

    If he holds an event that is within the time frames I have available, I might well attend assuming no objections were forthcoming.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  4. #4
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    deleted
    Last edited by mspgunner; 06-14-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: deleted
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Robertsville
    Posts
    112
    A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if that person knowingly:

    1. Carries concealed upon or about that person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

    (There is a exception to people with ccw)
    Would this be no oc allowed? upon or about?

  6. #6
    Regular Member cshoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , Missouri, USA
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by repomasterstl View Post
    A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if that person knowingly:

    1. Carries concealed upon or about that person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

    (There is a exception to people with ccw)
    Would this be no oc allowed? upon or about?
    The key word there is CONCEALED. As per the ordinance, it is an offense to carry a concealed firearm in Washington. Their ordinances then go on to exempt persons with a CCW endorsement from that provision:

    F. Subdivisions (1), (8) and (10) of Subsection (A) shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.
    Assuming the ordinances they have published on the Sullivan Publications website are current, they have no ordinances against openly carried firearms.

  7. #7
    Regular Member usmcbess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Labadie, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    195
    The time can be changed if I can get a consensus on a good day and time. I am eager to meet another Ocer as I have yet to to date (even you lmtd).

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcbess View Post
    The time can be changed if I can get a consensus on a good day and time. I am eager to meet another Ocer as I have yet to to date (even you lmtd).
    Well you have met mpsgunner and he OC's so I am not sure what you mean, unless you mean you have not been to an event etc.

    You and I are a long ways apart, I am very near Wentzville and you are near Pacific so we really do not share the same stomping grounds. When I was doing service I used to carry a few guns in the truck and have stopped at antire range, I forget the actual name, the DNR one out there a few times.

    Saturdays are pretty much out and are the primary reason I missed most of Doc's Starbucks tour, I do not take my son home much before 6 ever and sometimes later. Every other week I actually pick him up on Friday so that limits them some what as well.

    I postponed the Chevy's tour this week because of fathers day, felt it might be a real low turn out due to folks having plans. My plans are in St Peters from 12 to around 4 and I am sure after mom's home cooking I will not be open to more grub by six lol.

    The closest I know of will indeed be the Ellisville Chevy's, I typically stay north of 40 in my routine travels but really do not care nearly as much as many about miles, I have driven so many when involved in sales and service anything under a couple hundred is a no brainier but it does have to fit the schedule.

    Bout as close to you I get on a scheduled event is when a newbie to 4wd wants to learn a little off roading and we takem down Lost Creek Road from 70 to 94 near defiance, pretty tame but newbies like it and it is a pretty run.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  9. #9
    Regular Member Firepit1x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Labadie
    Posts
    16

    Bess

    Bess,
    I've watched your videos and I've read some of your words and I've formed a very light opinion of you (light meaning, I don't know you except by your online persona and that opinion could easily change). While you are well within your rights of what you are doing I disagree with your tactics. As an open carry advocate you need to more friendly with the friendlies (officers and public). Open carriers are trying to educate the public and the police alike and when asked for your ID why challenge them, I understand that it is your right but my suggestion is, give them your ID (it appears you always end up doing that anyways) and then tell them you know your rights on producing ID and your rights on OC. The point is, the friendlier you are the better the outcome and the better the learning experience for all involved. My belief is as you challenge the authorities they are simply going to enact laws as they see fit to stop you from being a nuisance. I've done open carry in our area and have never been seen as a threat to anyone, but I don't make it a point to be seen and I don't test the waters to cause a disturbance. Due to my job I'm usually also dressed business casual and I have a feeling most assume I'm law enforcement. I do work in law enforcement but I'm not an officer of any type and I don't try and look the part either, I've been in this career for over 17 years and it is what it is. Good luck in your education of others but please conduct yourself in a way that will help and not hinder what OC is all about.

  10. #10
    Regular Member usmcbess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Labadie, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepit1x View Post
    Bess,
    I've watched your videos and I've read some of your words and I've formed a very light opinion of you (light meaning, I don't know you except by your online persona and that opinion could easily change). While you are well within your rights of what you are doing I disagree with your tactics. As an open carry advocate you need to more friendly with the friendlies (officers and public). Open carriers are trying to educate the public and the police alike and when asked for your ID why challenge them, I understand that it is your right but my suggestion is, give them your ID (it appears you always end up doing that anyways) and then tell them you know your rights on producing ID and your rights on OC. The point is, the friendlier you are the better the outcome and the better the learning experience for all involved. My belief is as you challenge the authorities they are simply going to enact laws as they see fit to stop you from being a nuisance. I've done open carry in our area and have never been seen as a threat to anyone, but I don't make it a point to be seen and I don't test the waters to cause a disturbance. Due to my job I'm usually also dressed business casual and I have a feeling most assume I'm law enforcement. I do work in law enforcement but I'm not an officer of any type and I don't try and look the part either, I've been in this career for over 17 years and it is what it is. Good luck in your education of others but please conduct yourself in a way that will help and not hinder what OC is all about.
    Hey man glad to hear from someone new for a change. All the videos that I have posted are from when I was new to open carry a year ago. I now know, after having a few encounters with police, how to conduct myself in a more tactful manner. In the past I have caved to pressure and followed unlawful orders but I will no longer chicken out I will stand my ground. My way of handleing things is the same, I still refuse to provide identification, but I am alot more level headed when dealing with police. I know that you do not favor me doing this and you have that right but I do not think it is the best idea to just roll over to unlawful orders. We will just have to agree to disagree when it comes to this. I do not attempt to draw attention to myself when I open carry. I simply live my life as I normally would but with a gun. I normally street preach and I normally film the police with or without my weapon. I agree with you on your filanl statement if I am the only one to stand up formy God given rights they will see me as a nuisance and try and do away with me. But that is the problem more people need to stand up and take back our country. I appreciate you being civil and not resorting to name calling.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Franklin County, Missouri
    Posts
    42
    Sorry I missed this get together.. Please let us know when the next is planned...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •