Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Springs OC Meet (July 16th) and helping a fellow OC'er

Colorado Springs OC Meet (July 16th) and helping a fellow OC'er

For those of you not familiar with since9s story (thread here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...iffis+Blessing) his apartment complex has decided to not renew his lease, due, in part, to the fact that he OCs around the property. Consequently, it might be fun to send him on his way to his new digs in style.

That said, would anyone have an interest in setting up an OC Moving Team to help since9 get his stuff onto and off of a moving truck? At this point in time, wed be shooting for Saturday, July 16th for the truck loading with a possible OC lunch or dinner at the Golden Corral when were finished.

I think this could be a perfect opportunity for members here to meet up, increase 2A awareness, and be seen doing something positive in the community.

If this is sounds like something youd like to do, just respond to this thread and lets see what we can put together. I look forward to meeting you all.

P.S. since9, if you have anything to add to or retract from the above, just feel free to correct.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

Hell, I'd love to be there.
    Have to work graves that night, though. Sorry.
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

I'm In!

Howdy Boys!
    I will arrange my schedule to be there.
    This is the sort of thing we should make room for, and I am only too happy to help a fellow OC'er. I'll be there! Darn straight!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

p.s.: I ain't real strong, but I am ambitious!

Glad to have you on board, sir! We'll start fleshing out details as to time and meeting place as we get more attendees.

Btw, I'd love to have a sign near the moving truck saying something to the effect of

"Armed Moving Assistance courtesy of the 2nd Amendment and OpenCarry.org"

so people know what we're about. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Polynikes; 06-15-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

I'll buy everyone lunch (BK) AND a dinner at the Golden Corral!

I'll rent the truck the day prior, and will have a few things pre-loaded. It won't be their largest truck, so it might take 2 trips. The new place is less than 15 min away, so that won't take long.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Hmm, for 2 free meals even I may try to get there! I'm in MO, but I'm from CO and have been trying to get back out there for a bit. Maybe it'll work out this time...
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Glad to have you on board, sir! Btw, I'd love to have a sign near the moving truck saying something to the effect of

"Armed Moving Assistance courtesy of the 2nd Amendment and OpenCarry.org"

so people know what we're about. Thoughts?
    Howdy Pardner!
    The sign might be an interesting idea, but I'd defer to Since9 as it is his party and all. Assuming he is okay with such a sign, I'd agree that'd be a good thing.

"Weapons of Relocation" Armed Support Group.

Of course, with such low turnout as appears likely, it might not prove very impressive to those who see the thing!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Pardner!
    The sign might be an interesting idea, but I'd defer to Since9 as it is his party and all. Assuming he is okay with such a sign, I'd agree that'd be a good thing.

Of course, with such low turnout as appears likely, it might not prove very impressive to those who see the thing!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Well, there's still some time. I'm hoping more people start to jump on board with this. It could be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Pardner!

While I'm busting a gut laughing my butt off, no signs, please. Thanks. I'd rather exodus without a fuss. I still have a security deposit to recover, and if I pull some "in their face" stunt they could simply play the corporate bully and force me to go to court to recover it.

Not that they're not already playing the corporate bully, but you get the idea. Low profile. Thanks.

Feel free to OC, though. That's our Constitutional right and I support it 100%.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Sounds like fun, but I will be in San Antonio, hopefully holding a new granddaugher. we are going down so we can watch the 2 year old while mommy pops a gut...so to speak.

I'm triple booked that day but y'all have a good time and have a GC steak for me.

Let us know how manual labor + OC works out for you. IME, it's pretty cumbersome. Had a lot of fun one time helping a friend load drywall down to his basement.

Sounds good to me!

I should be free on that weekend. If you guys do decide to meet up to help since9 email me or PM me whichever is easier. I am here in the Springs so make sure you send me the info b4 time so I can tell my 2 bosses (one being the wife) about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    I'm triple booked that day but y'all have a good time and have a GC steak for me.

Let us know how manual labor + OC works out for you. IME, it's pretty cumbersome. Had a lot of fun one time helping a friend load drywall down to his basement.
    I'm planning on wearing a sub-compact that day. Less to get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesar A View Post
    I should be free on that weekend. If you guys do decide to meet up to help since9 email me or PM me whichever is easier. I am here in the Springs so make sure you send me the info b4 time so I can tell my 2 bosses (one being the wife) about it.
    Thank you, all. I'm planning for an 8:30-4:30 session followed by the dinner. I'm very near Chapel Hills Mall, just to give you an idea of my general location. I'll be sending PMs to the volunteers with my actual address, directions, and a contact phone number.

If it looks like we'll be rained out, Sunday will be our makeup day.

If anyone's interested, I'm holding a garage sale the weekend prior, on the morning of July 9th. I've quite a lot of things, most of good quality and in good repair. As I'm paring way down, I'm keeping very little. Most of the remainder will be sold at Goodwill prices. If they don't sell at the garage sale, I'm donating them to Goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    If anyone's interested, I'm holding a garage sale the weekend prior, on the morning of July 9th. I've quite a lot of things, most of good quality and in good repair. As I'm paring way down, I'm keeping very little. Most of the remainder will be sold at Goodwill prices. If they don't sell at the garage sale, I'm donating them to Goodwill.
    Howdy Amigo!
    Let me know about the garage sale, and I'll bring my wallet along with my XDm .40 to do some buying. I'd also like to know what sort of items you'll have for sale, and be among the very first to have a crack at the goodies. PM me with details please.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

So far we have three attendees:

M-Taliesin
    Cesar A
    and me.

Come on, folks, I know there's more of you out there. No interest in meeting your proverbial OC neighbors and getting two free meals, compliments of since9?

Come on, folks, I know there's more of you out there. No interest in meeting your proverbial OC neighbors and getting two free meals, compliments of since9?
    Howdy Pard!
    Yeah, I would expect more folks to chip in and help out another forum member.
    He is a terrific man and is being pushed out of his home for no discernible reason.
    We need to rally around our comrade and lend a hand. It ain't like the guy is asking for money, just a little help.

Nobody hates moving as much as I do, so if I am willing to help out, I'd like to think others would be only too happy to join in and support a fellow OC'er.

Come on folks... he's even gonna spring for food. Twice already!

Let's volunteer and "git 'er done".

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

For those of you not familiar with since9s story (thread here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...iffis+Blessing) his apartment complex has decided to not renew his lease, due, in part, to the fact that he OCs around the property. Consequently, it might be fun to send him on his way to his new digs in style.
    Thank you!

That said, would anyone have an interest in setting up an OC Moving Team to help since9 get his stuff onto and off of a moving truck? At this point in time, wed be shooting for Saturday, July 16th for the truck loading with a possible OC lunch or dinner at the Golden Corral when were finished.
    That would be lunch AND dinner!

By the way, here's the craig's list entry for my garage sale, tomorrow (July 9). If you didn't catch this post in time, I'll be holding another gar sale on July 16 (same day as the move) from 7-Noon.

The moving date is indeed the 16th. Haven't settled on an exact time, yet, but it's likely to be 9-5. If so, those who show by 9am get lunch. Those who show by 1pm get dinner at the Golden Corral. The itinerary is to load garage stuff first, then the larger pieces of furniture (a dozen) from my apartment. We'll eat lunch from Noon to 1. Once the first load is off-loaded, we'll return for everything else.

I hate to use the sympathy ploy, but if my ankle were normal, I've enough time to move everything myself. Unfortunately, my ankle is at it's worst since a 1996 injury, and I can barely go up and down the stairs myself, much less carrying furniture or anything heavy. So - ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Finally, this will not be a cluster! I've a simple yet effective loading order, and an apartment map for all major furniture, so there won't be any hemming and hawing about where things go!

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    By the way, here's the craig's list entry for my garage sale, tomorrow (July 9). If you didn't catch this post in time, I'll be holding another gar sale on July 16 (same day as the move) from 7-Noon.
    Howdy Pardner!
    Noon, eh? Well, guess I'll need to swap a few things around so I can see whatcha got for sale. My wife is keen to go shooting tomorrow at the range. She's still breaking in her Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm, and wants to work with it some.

We'll simply go to the Springs first, then head back and hit the range on the trip home.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Roger that!

Sounds good to me, and I am still a go for the 16th

I'm in!

Just checked my schedule and I am off Saturday the 16th so i'm in. I may or may not have my girl and son with me. PM me the info.

Of course I'm still in. I'll be there bright and early, with bells on (or at least a 9mm ) Looking forward to meeting you all.

Thanks, Everyone -- Plans are firming up!
    Last edited by since9; 07-10-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Howdy Amigo!
    It says without going that I'll be there next Saturday. Assuming of course that my car is back from the shop. I got it in there around 1:00pm yesterday and ain't heard back from them on the matter. How long can it take to replace a couple of radiator hoses anyhow?

Regardless, I will be there even if I must abscond with the wife's car. So count me in. Can't promise to show up all bright tailed and bushy eyed, but I'll be there. And we need to leave earlier than most folks showing up. While I expect rise, I may not have a shine yet by the time we get down there.

So here is my itinerary:
    Must rise, but not necessarily shine.
    S,S,&S (if you ain't familiar with the process, ask when I get there!)
    Administer caffiene fix. (prefer intravenous to save time)
    Dress and arm. (remembering to wear britches!)
    Assemble life support system. ('bacco, wallet, keys, etc.)
    Purloin wife's car. (with accompaning abduction of wife hereself)
    Load car with provisions. (i.e. Munchies and sodas)
    Top off tank. (just because I have gas doesn't mean the car does!)
    Head out on I-225 southbound.
    Arrive between 60 to 90 minutes later in Colorado Springs and drive to the scene of the miscreant!
    Aid and abet his escape.
    Work hard while trying to avoid possible hernia.

That's as far as I've got planned out!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

I'm in

Just PCSd to Carson, I'm from Michigan but I just spent 4 years up at Fort Drum in, well as you know New York....which for any gun law they might as well just write NO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast