• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs OC Meet (July 16th) and helping a fellow OC'er

Polynikes

For those of you not familiar with since9’s story (thread here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ill-not-be-renewed&highlight=Griffis+Blessing) his apartment complex has decided to not renew his lease, due, in part, to the fact that he OC’s around the property. Consequently, it might be fun to send him on his way to his new digs in style.

That said, would anyone have an interest in setting up an “OC Moving Team” to help since9 get his stuff onto and off of a moving truck? At this point in time, we’d be shooting for Saturday, July 16th for the truck loading with a possible OC lunch or dinner at the Golden Corral when we’re finished.

I think this could be a perfect opportunity for members here to meet up, increase 2A awareness, and be seen doing something positive in the community.

If this is sounds like something you’d like to do, just respond to this thread and let’s see what we can put together. I look forward to meeting you all.

P.S. since9, if you have anything to add to or retract from the above, just feel free to correct.

M-Taliesin

I'm In!

Howdy Boys!
I will arrange my schedule to be there.
This is the sort of thing we should make room for, and I am only too happy to help a fellow OC'er. I'll be there! Darn straight!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

p.s.: I ain't real strong, but I am ambitious!

Polynikes

Glad to have you on board, sir! :) We'll start fleshing out details as to time and meeting place as we get more attendees.

Btw, I'd love to have a sign near the moving truck saying something to the effect of

"Armed Moving Assistance courtesy of the 2nd Amendment and OpenCarry.org"

so people know what we're about. Thoughts?

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'll buy everyone lunch (BK) AND a dinner at the Golden Corral!

I'll rent the truck the day prior, and will have a few things pre-loaded. It won't be their largest truck, so it might take 2 trips. The new place is less than 15 min away, so that won't take long.

afcarry

Hmm, for 2 free meals even I may try to get there! I'm in MO, but I'm from CO and have been trying to get back out there for a bit. Maybe it'll work out this time...

M-Taliesin

Glad to have you on board, sir! :) Btw, I'd love to have a sign near the moving truck saying something to the effect of

"Armed Moving Assistance courtesy of the 2nd Amendment and OpenCarry.org"

so people know what we're about. Thoughts?

Howdy Pardner!
The sign might be an interesting idea, but I'd defer to Since9 as it is his party and all. Assuming he is okay with such a sign, I'd agree that'd be a good thing.

"Weapons of Relocation" Armed Support Group.

Of course, with such low turnout as appears likely, it might not prove very impressive to those who see the thing!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Polynikes

Howdy Pardner!
The sign might be an interesting idea, but I'd defer to Since9 as it is his party and all. Assuming he is okay with such a sign, I'd agree that'd be a good thing.

Of course, with such low turnout as appears likely, it might not prove very impressive to those who see the thing!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Well, there's still some time. I'm hoping more people start to jump on board with this. It could be a lot of fun. :D

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Pardner!

:lol: While I'm busting a gut laughing my butt off, no signs, please. Thanks. I'd rather exodus without a fuss. I still have a security deposit to recover, and if I pull some "in their face" stunt they could simply play the corporate bully and force me to go to court to recover it.

Not that they're not already playing the corporate bully, but you get the idea. Low profile. Thanks.

Feel free to OC, though. That's our Constitutional right and I support it 100%.

jhco50

Sounds like fun, but I will be in San Antonio, hopefully holding a new granddaugher. :D we are going down so we can watch the 2 year old while mommy pops a gut...so to speak.

mahkagari

I'm triple booked that day but y'all have a good time and have a GC steak for me.

Let us know how manual labor + OC works out for you. IME, it's pretty cumbersome. Had a lot of fun one time helping a friend load drywall down to his basement.

Cesar A

Sounds good to me!

I should be free on that weekend. If you guys do decide to meet up to help since9 email me or PM me whichever is easier. I am here in the Springs so make sure you send me the info b4 time so I can tell my 2 bosses (one being the wife) about it.

Polynikes

I'm triple booked that day but y'all have a good time and have a GC steak for me.

Let us know how manual labor + OC works out for you. IME, it's pretty cumbersome. Had a lot of fun one time helping a friend load drywall down to his basement.

I'm planning on wearing a sub-compact that day. Less to get in the way. ;)

since9

Campaign Veteran
I should be free on that weekend. If you guys do decide to meet up to help since9 email me or PM me whichever is easier. I am here in the Springs so make sure you send me the info b4 time so I can tell my 2 bosses (one being the wife) about it.

Thank you, all. I'm planning for an 8:30-4:30 session followed by the dinner. I'm very near Chapel Hills Mall, just to give you an idea of my general location. I'll be sending PMs to the volunteers with my actual address, directions, and a contact phone number.

If it looks like we'll be rained out, Sunday will be our makeup day.

If anyone's interested, I'm holding a garage sale the weekend prior, on the morning of July 9th. I've quite a lot of things, most of good quality and in good repair. As I'm paring way down, I'm keeping very little. Most of the remainder will be sold at Goodwill prices. If they don't sell at the garage sale, I'm donating them to Goodwill.

M-Taliesin

If anyone's interested, I'm holding a garage sale the weekend prior, on the morning of July 9th. I've quite a lot of things, most of good quality and in good repair. As I'm paring way down, I'm keeping very little. Most of the remainder will be sold at Goodwill prices. If they don't sell at the garage sale, I'm donating them to Goodwill.

Howdy Amigo!
Let me know about the garage sale, and I'll bring my wallet along with my XDm .40 to do some buying. I'd also like to know what sort of items you'll have for sale, and be among the very first to have a crack at the goodies. PM me with details please.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Polynikes

So far we have three attendees:

M-Taliesin
Cesar A
and me.

Come on, folks, I know there's more of you out there. No interest in meeting your proverbial OC neighbors and getting two free meals, compliments of since9?

M-Taliesin

Come on, folks, I know there's more of you out there. No interest in meeting your proverbial OC neighbors and getting two free meals, compliments of since9?

Howdy Pard!
Yeah, I would expect more folks to chip in and help out another forum member.
He is a terrific man and is being pushed out of his home for no discernible reason.
We need to rally around our comrade and lend a hand. It ain't like the guy is asking for money, just a little help.

Nobody hates moving as much as I do, so if I am willing to help out, I'd like to think others would be only too happy to join in and support a fellow OC'er.

Come on folks... he's even gonna spring for food. Twice already!

Let's volunteer and "git 'er done".

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
For those of you not familiar with since9’s story (thread here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ill-not-be-renewed&highlight=Griffis+Blessing) his apartment complex has decided to not renew his lease, due, in part, to the fact that he OC’s around the property. Consequently, it might be fun to send him on his way to his new digs in style.

Thank you!

That said, would anyone have an interest in setting up an “OC Moving Team” to help since9 get his stuff onto and off of a moving truck? At this point in time, we’d be shooting for Saturday, July 16th for the truck loading with a possible OC lunch or dinner at the Golden Corral when we’re finished.

That would be lunch AND dinner!

By the way, here's the craig's list entry for my garage sale, tomorrow (July 9). If you didn't catch this post in time, I'll be holding another gar sale on July 16 (same day as the move) from 7-Noon.

The moving date is indeed the 16th. Haven't settled on an exact time, yet, but it's likely to be 9-5. If so, those who show by 9am get lunch. Those who show by 1pm get dinner at the Golden Corral. The itinerary is to load garage stuff first, then the larger pieces of furniture (a dozen) from my apartment. We'll eat lunch from Noon to 1. Once the first load is off-loaded, we'll return for everything else.

I hate to use the sympathy ploy, but if my ankle were normal, I've enough time to move everything myself. Unfortunately, my ankle is at it's worst since a 1996 injury, and I can barely go up and down the stairs myself, much less carrying furniture or anything heavy. So - ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Finally, this will not be a cluster! I've a simple yet effective loading order, and an apartment map for all major furniture, so there won't be any hemming and hawing about where things go!

M-Taliesin

By the way, here's the craig's list entry for my garage sale, tomorrow (July 9). If you didn't catch this post in time, I'll be holding another gar sale on July 16 (same day as the move) from 7-Noon.

Howdy Pardner!
Noon, eh? Well, guess I'll need to swap a few things around so I can see whatcha got for sale. My wife is keen to go shooting tomorrow at the range. She's still breaking in her Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm, and wants to work with it some.

We'll simply go to the Springs first, then head back and hit the range on the trip home.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin