• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New rifle company takes over Bushmaster plant

Maine CWP Training

WINDHAM — The former owner of Bushmaster Firearms International LLC and other investors have created a new rifle company in the former Bushmaster manufacturing plant in Windham, said a media release.

Called Windham Weaponry, the company will make rifles and employ up to half of the 73 employees that worked at the Bushmaster plant, which closed earlier this year. More employees may be added before the end of the year, said the release.

READ MORE

FTG-05

This is beyond awesome!

There is a poster over on the S&W boards that was an employee for years up through original owner, when it was sold, then up to when they finally closed the doors. Not happy with the new ownership is a gross understatement.

He also said that the returning employees are beyond pumped about this!

Maine CWP Training

Dick Dyke takes another shot at success

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Editor's note: This is the first of a two-part series.

Dick Dyke, the longtime owner of Bushmaster Firearms who made millions when he finally sold the successful company in 2006, is once again making news here and abroad with his announcement two weeks ago that he is reviving weapons manufacturing in Windham.

READ MORE

rhenriksen

Timely update. I swung by the place this morning (I'm in Raymond for a couple of weeks), since I can't find a website for them. Was curious about perhaps picking up a lower and supporting the new/renewed local business. Place was locked up tight, but the white Rolls and another dozen cars were out front. Didn't really want to bang on the door - they're definitely not set up for walk-ins!

I haven't settled on an upper yet, but I think it'd be really nice to have a WW lower. I've grown up spending summers on Sebago, and have been driving past the BM/WW facility for years on 302.

rhenriksen

Timely update. I swung by the place this morning (I'm in Raymond for a couple of weeks), since I can't find a website for them. Was curious about perhaps picking up a lower and supporting the new/renewed local business. Place was locked up tight, but the white Rolls and another dozen cars were out front. Didn't really want to bang on the door - they're definitely not set up for walk-ins!

I haven't settled on an upper yet, but I think it'd be really nice to have a WW lower. I've grown up spending summers on Sebago, and have been driving past the BM/WW facility for years on 302.

I guess to push on this a little bit further - does anyone have a phone number, email address, or URL for WW?