• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not OC because there are children - huh?

MKEgal

xxx.jakk.xxx said:
I accidentally pistol whipped a child without touching my firearm or even exposing it.
LOL! Masher, cad, brute. ;)
Wouldn't that be one to explain to the police, or the parents?
Wonder if he had a bruise... & if anyone could figure out what about you was responsible.

xxx.jakk.xxx

LOL! Masher, cad, brute. ;)
Wouldn't that be one to explain to the police, or the parents?
Wonder if he had a bruise... & if anyone could figure out what about you was responsible.

Yeah, something at head level and hard enough to cause a bump on the head... that wouldn't be awkward at all. Either say "I have a gun" or stumble over my words trying to think of a different excuse.

Maybe that knock to the head made the kid think twice about being a little terror.

We-the-People

LEO: "Cover your firearm, there are kids around."
Me: "No."

You get "runner up"

My all time favorite....while out shopping my ex and I stopped for subway inside the local WalMart.
Little girl says to her mother "mommy he has a gun".
Mother "does it scare you?"
Little girl "Yes"
Mother "DEAL WITH IT"

Now THAT is a WINNER

sudden valley gunner

Perhaps, they are concerned that children are inquisitive and curious. The sight of someone actually carrying and acting in a responsible manner could lead these children to doing the same when they grow up. What's more it could also lead to the children learning about the Constitution and their natural born rights. Our, hard earned, tax dollars for years have been spent to foster a strong apathetic streak in the youth of America. Do you people not realize that exercising your rights in such a public and responsible manner could destroy years of government indoctrination!

FOR THE LOVE OF A NON-SPECIFIC, GENDER NEUTRAL, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY DEITY THINK OF THE CHILDREN

This was my personal experience, I got very interested in rights and carrying a gun was determined to OC, and one of the main reasons I do it now.

I was a teenage birthed son of a welfare "liberal" mom. Saw a guy OC'ing when I was around age six, mentioned it to my mom and heard her immediate disdain in her voice and how it is legal in our state to openly carry your firearm, which made me immediately determined to do that someday. Took me about 30 years to get around to it but I OC practically everywhere and have had many discussions with kids and teenagers about our human rights. And the overwhelming majority of them are positive. I image the countless 100's of kids I hopefully affect positively by my OC and I must say it gives me a great sense of hope.

Last edited:

REALteach4u

In the thread about WVCDL, one poster related:

I just don't get this because 'children are present'. Is it because they are the height of the gun belt, because they might run up and get under foot? Because they might try to play with the gun and get it away from the OC-er?

Is it because seeing a gun (which they see on TV all the time) is traumatizing? Will the gun be more likely to go off?

If it "goes off", is it ok if only adults are accidentally shot? An adult, a breadwinner or parent being shot is actually worse for their family, though emotionally a wounded or killed child is a devastating loss in terms of the abject horror of seeing a bleeding child, I suppose.

Obviously, there are adult subjects, like pron, taxes, politics, but I just don't see how covering or removing a HG helps, or how a child being there is bad in the presence of a holstered HG. I really don't see it.

Anyone have any ideas, right or wrong, as to what these 'advocates of children' are getting at?

And what if someone was told that and didn't have a concealed carry permit for that State? Yet another LEO that needs to be given the "have a nice day" and parted with.

I'm personally going to find it difficult to keep my brain-to-mouth filter on when I get one of those pushy LEOs that thinks he/she knows what's best for myself and my family, especially when a stop is amplified by a lack of RAS or PC.

Frankly, when the kids in the family get old enough to understand and operate them, they'll be taught where I carry, now to remove it from the holster safely, and how to use it IF there's a reason I cannot get to it myself. Safety first, then the rest will come into play at a later point.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
If the LEO was "concerned" about my son, I'd simply tell him the truth: "He flew his first airplane when he was five, and fired his first gun when he was nine, same as me. He's now 11. I'm sorry... What were you saying?"

If the LEO was "concerned" about other kids, say, at a restaurant, I'd probably say "no problem" and leave, but not without letting the manager know I wouldn't be returning until he stopped serving the anti-Constitutionalist.

We-the-People

.........If the LEO was "concerned" about other kids, say, at a restaurant, I'd probably say "no problem" and leave, but not without letting the manager know I wouldn't be returning until he stopped serving the anti-Constitutionalist.

Ummm he should leave too. He's open carrying. I mean if it's for the kids, it's for hte kids.

Actually what I'd say is (after hiting record) "officer I am recording audio, could you repeat your statement please?"