• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News on Operation Fast & Furious

KBCraig

And when someone like the DOJ does wrong who is to investigate them if they can simply ignore subpeanas?

There are three co-equal branches of government. Andrew Jackson, Hero/SOB that he was (depending on the issue), was probably the last President to understand this.

The legendary-yet-unconfirmed Jackson quote, in response to the Supreme Court ruling in Worcester v. Georgia was, "(Chief Justice) John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"

The point was (and is), the judiciary can't enforce a damn thing, only the executive can. Neither the executive nor judicial branch can fund anything, only the legislative (specifically, the House of Representatives).

The executive controls the police mechanism, exclusively (and the military, but only with the authorization of Congress); and, can't force the courts to rule, nor the legislature to legislate.
The judiciary controls the courts and rulings, but can't force the legislature to legislate, nor the executive to act.
The legislature controls the purse and the laws, but can't force the judiciary to rule on the laws, nor the executive to enforce them, as they intended.

The one mechanism the legislature has that makes it the most powerful branch of government (as was originally intended), is the ability to cut off all funding for anything the executive or judiciary might do that is contrary to the wishes of Congress.

Alexcabbie

Four words: United States Capitol POLICE.

You can be pulled over and cited anywhere in DC by the USCP.

If you are drinking a beer in Dupont Circle and a USCP officer observes you, he can arrest you.

Odd, since the United States Capitol Police answer to no one but the Sergeant at Arms of the House of Representatives. Who, of course, is beholden to the LEGISLATIVE branch.

Even though the jurisdiction of the USCP was originally limited to the Capitol grounds, over the years it has extended to the surrounding neighborhoods and now, into the entire city of Washington, DC.

At one time, if a warrant was needed the USCP had to get a member of the Metropolitan Police or some EXECUTIVE law enforcement agency to obtain it. Now, the USCP can obtain warrants without such intermediaries. (and by the bye, "executive law enforcement" USED to be a redundancy.)

If anyone who is reading this is a USCP officer, please know that I do not disparage you. I know a few of you and I know that you are fully competent to function as law enforcement officers. In fact, the average USCP officer is a better peace officer than the average member of the Washington DC Metropolitan Police. My argument here is based on the fact that your expanded jurisdiction and powers are in conflict with the same "separation of powers" doctrine which (supossedly) makes it unlawful for the Legislature to subpoena a member of the Executive branch to answer to charges of the misbehavior ov the Executive before the Legislative oversight committees.

Something is MAJORLY effed up here. Don't you agree??

Butch00

In my opinion everything the UNITED STATES Corporation is doing is planed well ahead of when it happens.
So everybody has a script and is like shooting a movie. All those agents are working for the international bankers and don't give a damn about we the people. Their intent is to destroy this country one way or another. And are doing a real good job of it.