Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Passes the Senate!!

CCW Passes the Senate!!

Suck on THAT senator Risser...
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

It must have been disheartening to be a Democrat/Anti-Gunner in that hearing, because they just got totally obliterated.

Hopefully the Assembly goes that smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken8521 View Post
    Hopefully the Assembly goes that smooth.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Barca, Pocan, Kessler, Grigsby, Hints, Hebl, Clark, Hulsey, etc...... Keep hoping there buddy.

Risser is such an idiot, scared of everyone losing control.
    Show us where anything he's afraid of has happened (in any significant numbers) in other cc states?

I will be working to unelect my current Senator.
    He's been ignoring my emails, mail, & calls for weeks, even when I ask for a response.
    I told him to vote for the plain CC bill, & he voted for all the amendments.
    I told him to vote for the bill, & he voted against it.

I am pleasantly suprised by Taylor. She voted in favor.

Now let's get this through the Assembly & to the Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    Suck on THAT senator Risser...
    Yes but at what cost? $50 permit fees? Photo ID's? Mandatory training? I call B.S..

Hey, it gives us a reason to continue our picnics.

And the traitors have revealed themselves.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-14-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

and now to have an OC picnic in a State Park!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I will be working to unelect my current Senator.
    He's been ignoring my emails, mail, & calls for weeks, even when I ask for a response.
    I told him to vote for the plain CC bill, & he voted for all the amendments.
    I told him to vote for the bill, & he voted against it.
    I did everything you did weekly. Git 1 lame response back from him total.

As luck would have it my Senator ( Hasbeen Dave Hansen) has been doing a pretty good job of unelecting himself since he ran chickenshit to Ill-i-noise a few months back.

SEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAA Dave, and no thank you, I do not want fries with my order.
    HE-HE-HE-HE-HE-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    We would all need permits to do that.

Today's activities

S Senator Vinehout added as a coauthor
    S Read a second time
    S Senate amendment 1 to Senate substitute amendment 2 adopted
    S Senate amendment 2 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Carpenter
    S Senate amendment 2 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 22, Noes 10 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 3 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Carpenter
    S Point of order that Senate amendment 3 to Senate substitute amendment 2 not germane taken under advisement Darling
    S Senate amendment 4 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Wanggaard
    S Senate amendment 4 to Senate substitute amendment 2 adopted
    S Senate amendment 5 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 5 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 22, Noes 10 Galloway
    S Point of order that Senate amendment 3 to Senate substitute amendment 2 not germane withdrawn Darling
    S Senate amendment 3 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 22, Noes 10 Darling
    S Senate amendment 6 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 6 to Senate substitute amendment 2 withdrawn and returned to author Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 7 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 7 to Senate substitute amendment 2 withdrawn and returned to author Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 8 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 8 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 24, Noes 8 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 9 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Erpenbach
    S Senate amendment 9 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 24, Noes 8 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 10 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Risser
    S Senate amendment 10 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 22, Noes 10 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 11 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Risser
    S Senate amendment 11 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 20, Noes 12 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 12 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Risser
    S Senate amendment 12 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 22, Noes 10 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 13 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Risser
    S Senate amendment 13 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 23, Noes 9 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 14 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Risser
    S Senate amendment 14 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 21, Noes 10 Galloway
    S Senate amendment 15 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Risser
    S Senate amendment 15 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 23, Noes 10 Darling
    S Senate amendment 16 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered C. Larson
    S Senate amendment 16 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table Galloway
    S Senate amendment 17 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered C. Larson
    S Senate amendment 17 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table Galloway
    S Senate amendment 18 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered C. Larson
    S Senate amendment 18 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table Galloway
    S Senate amendment 19 to Senate substitute amendment 2 offered Jauch
    S Senate amendment 19 to Senate substitute amendment 2 laid on table, Ayes 23, Noes 9 Galloway
    S Senate substitute amendment 2 adopted
    S Ordered to a third reading
    S Rules suspended S. Fitzgerald
    S Read a third time and passed, Ayes 25, Noes 8
    A Received from Senate
    A Read first time and referred to committee on Rules
    47 actions.

For a listing of amendments:
    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/senate/index.htm
    Last edited by phred; 06-14-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Awaiting round 2 in the Assembly. It could be interesting.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Cool Let's have sausage at our next picnic to celebrate SB93....

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Awaiting round 2 in the Assembly. It could be interesting.
    This evening I got an answer back from my representative after I wrote to her about SB93:
    Thank you for writing me in support of concealed carry. The bill that the Assembly will be voting on includes requirements for training and permits. I plan to support the bill.

Representative Amy Loudenbeck
    45th Assembly District
    Office 209 North
    608-266-9967 Toll free: (888) 534-0045
    I have been writing to her for the last two months; I couldn't get her to commit to Constitutional Carry, but at least she'll vote for the sausage the Senate made....
    Last edited by davegran; 06-14-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Barca, Pocan, Kessler, Grigsby, Hints, Hebl, Clark, Hulsey, etc...... Keep hoping there buddy.
    60-38 majority... let 'em try. It will be a long agonizing process to listen to their crap, just like today, but they're vastly outnumbered again. They may be all worn out from the budget, and can see the handwriting on the wall... they cannot stop it, and they know it. But they won't give up without a wimper. Especially the nut-cases you named. Maybe Sen. Taylor will sit Grigsby down and "explain" things to her. Never thought I'd say this, but Sen Lena Taylor "gets it". She voted against the majority only once today. I'm stunned.

For y'all that recall the horsesh*t that Risser pulled on us long ago with CCW, today was particularly rewarding to watch that little weasel squirm in total defeat.

Miller Time....
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

http://www.wiseye.com/Programming/Vi...px?evhdid=4363

For anyone who wants to see todays procedings. Part 2 has SB93. Honestly its mostly anti gun dribble/stall tactics comming from Risser and Erpenbach though.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Po-lock View Post
    I did everything you did weekly. Git 1 lame response back from him total.

As luck would have it my Senator ( Hasbeen Dave Hansen) has been doing a pretty good job of unelecting himself since he ran chickenshit to Ill-i-noise a few months back.

SEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAA Dave, and no thank you, I do not want fries with my order.
    HE-HE-HE-HE-HE-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!! ! ! ! ! ! !

Has anyone heard any inklings as to what the intent is of any of the GOP in the Assy??

Not to Nitpick but Shouldn't It Be

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    S Senate substitute amendment 2 as amended adopted
    S Ordered to a third reading
    S Rules suspended S. Fitzgerald
    S Read a third time and passed, Ayes 25, Noes 8
    A Received from Senate
    A Read first time and referred to committee on Rules
    47 actions.

For a listing of amendments:
    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/senate/index.htm
    Wanted to avoid confusion since at a minimum the line numbering will be impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    Are you thinking about next year? Because licenses won't be issued until September-Ocotober and it will be kinda cold by then, but I am sure a few diehards would like to celebrate in a State Park.

Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    Wanted to avoid confusion since at a minimum the line numbering will be impacted.
    Nit pick all you want. I copied it from the url that I listed. Blame them. That's why I gave the cited reference.

Maybe this is me being a party pooper, or a purist. But it is not constitutional carry, and while it is a step forward, it is not a complete win. It is just a step in the rite direction. There is still a lot of fight left, and I for one will not be taking a back seat and waiting to see what happened. I will keep pushing until we have the freedoms that we have been fighting for.

So you can sit back and cheer for the little bit we have gotten, but keep in mind as you sit with the false glory that there is a lot more to come.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    Has anyone heard any inklings as to what the intent is of any of the GOP in the Assy??
    I think there were 17 assemblymen who were cosponsors of the original SB93.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Maybe this is me being a party pooper, or a purist. But it is not constitutional carry, and while it is a step forward, it is not a complete win. It is just a step in the rite direction. There is still a lot of fight left, and I for one will not be taking a back seat and waiting to see what happened. I will keep pushing until we have the freedoms that we have been fighting for.

So you can sit back and cheer for the little bit we have gotten, but keep in mind as you sit with the false glory that there is a lot more to come.
    I completely agree. I am not happy about the permit or required training, and of course, the restrictions.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Congrats on getting this through the senate. I know it's not the best bill, but it is a lot better than what the vast majority of the states have. And, at least it's ALL a step forward, and there were no steps back in the bill (such as restricting OC).

I just wanted to remind you all, to please check with tribal governments before carrying on tribal land. Being sovereign nations, they can refuse to recognize your carry permits, and perhaps even carrying without a permit. Several tribes in the SW corner of the country refuse to recognize carry permits. From what I understand, as long as you remain on a road traveling though, they can't do anything because they are considered state/county property, but if you were to be on land within the tribal boundary, they you're subject to their laws.
    Rand Paul 2016

This "was" the assembly bill and we should pick this apart to see what they may decide to add that is more restrictive yet: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...roposals/ab126

There are no amendments pending that i can identify and I am not sure if they will allow them on the floor...?

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post

+100 right there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast