• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scotus rules collective bargaining law is valid

bigdaddy1

Heard on the way home, WI SC ruled the CBL is the law of the land.

Now we can get on with the real important things in life.

edited to correct office

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

It must be Christmas.

This, CC, Holder getting lynched by Issa tomorrow, Wirch up for recall.

Happy daze are here again, the skies above are clear again!

:monkey:monkey:monkey

Da Po-lock

It must be Christmas.

This, CC, Holder getting lynched by Issa tomorrow, Wirch up for recall.

Happy daze are here again, the skies above are clear again!

:monkey:monkey:monkey

Don't forget - - - Hansen up for recall.
Theer ith a thsanta clauseth

:banana: :banana: :banana:

..........Extremely Happy Po-lock

Carcharodon

Great! i cant wait to go to work at my "cushy" prison job for less every week. I hope they dont charge me a copay next time I get shanked or get blood and piss thrown in my eyes.

oak1971

Great! i cant wait to go to work at my "cushy" prison job for less every week. I hope they dont charge me a copay next time I get shanked or get blood and piss thrown in my eyes.

Want to pay my insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles? I don't want to pay yours either. Don't like your job? Quit.

HandyHamlet

Connan_popcorn.gif

:uhoh:

Joker_popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Big Dipper

So, please educate me.

That sounds as though it would be something that happens "on the job". Are state workers not covered by workman's compensation insurance? Is it really their "personal" insurance that is required to pay in those circumstances?

bigdaddy1

First off, you wont be paid any LESS. You pay rate isn't changed by the ruling nor the reduction of bargaining benefits. You will however be required to pay a little more for your benefits and retirement than before. Still a fraction of what most people in the private sector pay however. I appreciate that you don't want to pay more, that what was once given is not given anymore. I also know you are a tax payer and hope you understand the state can no longer afford to continue with what we had and expect alternative results.

KBCraig

Meh. I'm in the same line of work, except for the feds instead of WI. We have no collective bargaining rights, and never have. We can form PACs and lobby, but we can't negotiate for wages or benefits. Whatever the Congress hands us, through whatever manipulations the Executive branch chooses, is what we get.

Our most recent surprise is a change in how much we pay for our retirement contribution. Yeah, it sucks that I'm effectively taking a 5% pay cut, but I have a job, one that pays more than if I launched out into the private sector at age 48, after 20 years in this business. I'm not bitching. I know I'm better off than most of the people who pay for my job. Politically, I'm fighting for those people, not me. I'm no altruist: by fighting for the taxpayers, I'm fighting for myself and my children.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

Meh. I'm in the same line of work, except for the feds instead of WI. We have no collective bargaining rights, and never have. We can form PACs and lobby, but we can't negotiate for wages or benefits. Whatever the Congress hands us, through whatever manipulations the Executive branch chooses, is what we get.

Our most recent surprise is a change in how much we pay for our retirement contribution. Yeah, it sucks that I'm effectively taking a 5% pay cut, but I have a job, one that pays more than if I launched out into the private sector at age 48, after 20 years in this business. I'm not bitching. I know I'm better off than most of the people who pay for my job. Politically, I'm fighting for those people, not me. I'm no altruist: by fighting for the taxpayers, I'm fighting for myself and my children.

Its too bad that most of those vocal minority folks protesting dont see it this way.:banghead:

SourKraut

At least you get to go to work EVERY WEEK! Some of us private sector union guys have not worked for over a year!

You public sector union guys make me want to vomit. The taxes paid by the public sector mean nothing compared to the taxes paid by the private sector- Why?, because the public sector is nothing but a drain on net production. Your cushy job really is cushy compared to being unemployed or under employed.

Carcharodron, I appriciate your feelings about getting paid a little less, but try to keep in mind that your employer IS the private sector. How would you feel about getting paid NOTHING, like many of us in manufacturing are getting paid?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Want to pay my insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles? I don't want to pay yours either. Don't like your job? Quit.

applaud.gif

First off, you wont be paid any LESS. You pay rate isn't changed by the ruling nor the reduction of bargaining benefits. You will however be required to pay a little more for your benefits and retirement than before. Still a fraction of what most people in the private sector pay however. I appreciate that you don't want to pay more, that what was once given is not given anymore. I also know you are a tax payer and hope you understand the state can no longer afford to continue with what we had and expect alternative results.

applaud.gif

proposetoast.gif

I'm in the same boat. We're PUBLIC SERVANTS. "Servant" is not exactly a distinguishing title is it? We're supposed to be providing services so that the public can efficiently create the commerce that allows us to have jobs in the first place. I just so happen to love my job. I don't know of ANY government employees who have anything to bitch about. It's great too see that there are more people like me in gov't that appreciate what jobs we have, and are not so self centered that we support politicians that steal more from the private sector just to give us meager wage increases.