• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Statement from Senator Kedzie

paul@paul-fisher.com

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/senate/sen11/news/press/20110614 SB 93 passage.htm

I can personally vouch that he was pro the original SB93 and understood the issues.

If you wish to email him your appreciation, his email is Sen.Kedzie@legis.wisconsin.gov

Here's what I just sent him:

Neal,

While the bill wasn't perfect, it moved us much closer. I appreciate your hard work. I am just sorry I couldn't stay to see the actual passage.

Now, on to 'Stand Your Ground' (Castle Doctrine)!

Please be assured of my support.

--
Paul L Fisher

phred

From Sen. Galloway

From Sen. Galloway's email to her constituents

June 14, 2011

Senate Passes Galloway's Concealed Carry Bill

Madison---Today the Wisconsin State Senate passed State Senator Pam Galloway's (R-Wausau) legislation to allow law-abiding citizens to become licensed to carry a concealed weapon. Senate Bill 93 (SB 93) passed the State Senate on a bipartisan vote of 25-8.

"This is a great day for my constituents and people all across this state who are now one step closer to finally getting the opportunity to legally carry in order to protect themselves and their loved ones. For far too long, Wisconsin citizens have been denied their Second Amendment rights," stated Galloway.

Senate Bill 93 creates a licensing system under which a person is permitted to carry. If a person satisfies the training requirement and passes a background check, the Department of Justice shall issue a permit to the applicant. Under the bill, all private property owners may post their buildings and surrounding property, state and local government can post their buildings, and private and public colleges and universities may post their buildings against carry.

"Currently, 48 states provide their citizens the opportunity to carry for self-defense. There is no reason to believe that Wisconsin residents will be the exception to the rule of responsibility set by those states," said Galloway.

Senate Bill 93 now moves to the State Assembly for passage and then onto Governor Walker.

"I want to thank my colleagues for their support of this issue and urge swift passage of this bill in the State Assembly," concluded Galloway.

MKEgal

getting the opportunity to legally carry in order to protect themselves and their loved ones.
For far too long, Wisconsin citizens have been denied their Second Amendment rights," stated Galloway.
Senate Bill 93 creates a licensing system under which a person is permitted to carry.
Grumble...
We can already legally carry, it's just difficult & the right is infringed.
The way this sounds, people will think they can only carry w/ a license.
Worse, police might think that. Heck, they ignore what the AG says, they ignore other laws, what makes us think they won't ignore what SB93 actually says?

That being grumbled, I'm with HH: I think Galloway should run for Governer.
I want to shake her hand & say thank you for all her work on this bill.
I think she should speak at a WI Carry event, or maybe we could host a speech as a fundraiser.
There's still going to be lots of work to do to clean up this bill & make our laws better, more citizen-friendly.