• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

recall elections

rcav8r

looks like 6 out of 8 republican recall elections will be held in august 6 republicans are running as democrats to force a primary election heard this on fox news at 9

I don't get this. I know the excuse is to give more campaign time to the incumbents (raise money, etc), but putting off the elections to late summer/early fall also allows the college students to vote, legally or not, since voter ID will not be in effect yet.

BROKENSPROKET

I don't get this. I know the excuse is to give more campaign time to the incumbents (raise money, etc), but putting off the elections to late summer/early fall also allows the college students to vote, legally or not, since voter ID will not be in effect yet.

College kids will not be back by August 6.

There still is the 28 day residency requirement. Everything in the Voter ID bill went into effect immediately, except the Photo ID requirement, which WILL be in effect before the Primary's in November.

Last edited:

logables

The Republicans were forced to do this. The GAB had scheduled the recall elections for the Republicans on July 12. The Democrat elections on July 19. I am sure you can figure out what is wrong with that scenario.

Captain Nemo

Except for those Democraps, that when the going got tough, put their tails between their legs and ran wimpering off to Illinois and left their constituents without representation, the recall elections are a sham.

Griffin1340

What really gets my goat is the fact that recall procedures are intended for serious crimes & misdemeanors...not for trivial dislikes.
If we recalled every politician who ever voted against the wishes of their constituents we would have no politicians [that might not be ALL bad!]. But to start recall campaigns just for the fact that you disagree with a stand is childish and asinine.
I put it this way to a coworker who is a big Dem supporter.
In the Super Bowl. If Green Bay did not play as well as the Steelers, but won anyway, should the game have been replayed until the Steelers won? Or do both teams just take the chance of coming back next year and replaying then?

wild boar

There can be no dought...

...there is a "take my ball and go home", mentality driving the recalls. Any sensible person would have to agree that you can't have do overs, in this short time span. Some chose to protest, and did so, others ran out of state. Both were calculated actions taken toward what was perceived to be the right thing to do. This was further reinforced by the deliberate length of the protests. The tolerance of the state toward the two styles of protest was more than enough, they put up with both the obstructive, and disruptive attempts to slow the governing body. Though I'm not 100% happy with the people I chose to parlay with in the political arena, I am happy I have chosen people who will agree to allow choice, this, must always be. Are we on the right path? This, remains uncertain, but, we are on one that is less destructive, and more productive. This seems to be goal orientated with a long term applications in mind. Boar.

Last edited: