• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maine Concealed Firearm Permit Good in 21 States Soon

Maine CWP Training

Maine Concealed Firearm Permit holders will soon have one more state to lawfully conceal your firearm in defense of self and innocent others. This makes the total; 21 states that recognize Maine Concealed Firearm Permits.

SOURCE

Maine CWP Training

WISCONSIN STATE LEGISLATURE
PASSES LANDMARK RIGHT-TO-CARRY LEGISLATION

Both chambers of the Wisconsin state legislature have voted to approve one of the nation's strongest Right-to-Carry bills, by solid bipartisan margins. Senate Bill 93, which was strongly backed by NRA, now goes to Governor Scott Walker (R) for his expected signature. When signed, it will leave Illinois as the only state that provides no way for citizens to carry concealed firearms for self-protection outside their homes or places of business.

rhenriksen

Maine Concealed Firearm Permit holders will soon have one more state to lawfully conceal your firearm in defense of self and innocent others. This makes the total; 21 states that recognize Maine Concealed Firearm Permits.

SOURCE

Always nice to see progress.

Does Maine unilaterally recognize any other states' CHLs? I know Texas' standards are higher than Maine, preventing full reciprocity... what's to prevent Maine from accepting a Texas CHL?

press1280

Always nice to see progress.

Does Maine unilaterally recognize any other states' CHLs? I know Texas' standards are higher than Maine, preventing full reciprocity... what's to prevent Maine from accepting a Texas CHL?

I don't think Maine unilaterally recognizes any permits. They only have a few reciprocity agreements right now. I don't know what the criteria is, but they really need to get going on that and then they'll double the number of states that the ME permit is good in.

Maine CWP Training

Permit Honored:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

Reciprocity:
ARKANSAS, DELAWARE, LOUISIANA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA,
WYOMING,

MKEgal

one of the nation's strongest Right-to-Carry bills
Other than the 4 Constitutional Carry states, & the 12 states that issue permits with only a background check...

But yes, overall we're pretty happy. It's a large step in the right direction.