Thread: ASSEMBLY Vote on SB92

ASSEMBLY Vote on SB92

I just got off the phone with Rep. John Klenke (Green Bay) and he told me the following:

The Assembly will finish budget items tomorrow (Thur. 6/16) and will NOT have time to get to Concealed Carry this week. Said that CC / SB93 will probably take up a full day.
    I explained the Senate did it in just a few hours yesterday

He feels that SB93 will easily pass, that lots of his fellow Reps. are already talking favorably of it.

Said the 25-8 margin in the vote yesterdsy was a clear signal to the Assembly of what the people want. I reminded him we CLEARLY and OVERWHELMINGLY told them what we want at the hearings in both Wausau AND Madison, as well as all of the contacts with the Senators from us "We the People". I explained these amendments CLEARLY go against not only our Constitution(s) but the oaths ALL of these Senators took when they were sworn into office.

He told me he is definately going to vote FOR our CC Bill when it gets to the Assembly, and that he is all for our right to protect ourselves.

He stated he is glad to see training is a part of the bill. I explained I OPEN CARRY in Green Bay and all over the place, as well as thousands of others with NO TRAINING and there are NO OK corral shootouts going on. He kind of chuckled and said "Do you really ?"

I questioned hom on AB69 Castle Doctrine, WHY is it sitting for 3 months and nothing getting done. At first he said he did'nt know much if anything about it. Then amazingly
    AND DISTURBING to me he told me there was no way AB69 Castle Doctrine will be even looked at this session. He said everyone will be "too tired out" to get into anything that big". I explained MY LIFE, MY LOVED ONES LIVES and OUR WELL BEING are wayyyyyy more important than all of them being "a little pooped out". I further explained that MY employer really does'nt care if I am tired or not, he wants the job DONE on HIS terms. I as HIS employer EXPECT the same.

All in all, he seemed to be plesant enough to talk to....BUT......We'll see.

We seem to have a week to contact ALL of our Representatives and urge them to support SB93 AS IT WAS AMENDED when it comes up for a vote next week.

Also start / continue to hammer them on AB69 Castle Doctrine and WHY nothing has been done for the last 3 months.

..................Don't know what to think Po-lock
    Last edited by Da Po-lock; 06-15-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

http://donpridemore.files.wordpress....6/11s01261.pdf

Think he is offering this amendment to AB126...and he just posted the link on Facebook.

I am assuming that they are going to act on SB93 or am I missing something?
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

I just called Klenke's office & ask that he also support SB93 in it's current form he said either late this week or early next week it would be voted on..., I also asked about AB69 i was told no executive session had yet been planned so I asked that it be looked into.

The Committee chair for AB 69 The castle doctrine is Rep Jim Ott @ 608-266-0486 he is the guy you would have to hammer.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-15-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

if a statewide referendum is held on the question of whether the legislature
    should authorize concealed carry without a license and a majority of the voters voting
    at the referendum vote to approve the question, the license issued under this section
    shall be optional and shall convey no additional rights under wisconsin state law to
    carry a firearm that is concealed than an individual who does not have a license
    issued under this section has to carry a firearm that is concealed.

:d

Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

Page 26:

(e) Proof that the applicant completed a training course that is at least 2 hours
    long and that is conducted by an instructor certified by a national or state
    organization that certifies firearms training instructors.

2 hours of Firearms Training from a Nationally recognized organization - hmmm. It looks like I am going to have to return to Wisconsin and teach the NRA Basic Pistol Course at ridiculously low prices.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I'm in for a referendum! Let people carry under the permit for a few years so the sheeple can see the sky isn't falling and put it up for a vote!

We all know there will be no "Wild West" so once we prove it to the fence sitters it should be all good.

Then again its going to take all my will power to keep me from hunting at the zoo when I get a permit....lol (Was Larson for real?)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    I'm in for a referendum! Let people carry under the permit for a few years so the sheeple can see the sky isn't falling and put it up for a vote!

We all know there will be no "Wild West" so once we prove it to the fence sitters it should be all good.

Then again its going to take al my will power to keep me from hunting at the zoo when I get a permit....lol (Was Larson for real?)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    I think that it what you meant .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    :d
    if a statewide referendum is held on the question of whether the legislature
    should authorize concealed carry without a license and a majority of the voters voting
    at the referendum vote to approve the question, the license issued under this section
    shall be optional and shall convey no additional rights under wisconsin state law to
    carry a firearm that is concealed than an individual who does not have a license
    issued under this section has to carry a firearm that is concealed.
    Where did this language come from, Grant?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess
    http://donpridemore.files.wordpress....6/11s01261.pdf
    Think he is offering this amendment to AB126...
    I am assuming that they are going to act on SB93 or am I missing something?
    That PDF applies to AB126; I think that's pretty much dead, since SB93 covers much of the same ground & has already passed the Senate. At least, I hope it's dead.

It's been sitting in committee since mid-May. No committee votes, no amendments, nothing other than fiscal estimates. (8 at last count.)

Let's not let them mangle SB93 in the Assembly; it got mangled enough getting to a vote in the Senate.
    Right now, SB93 is in the Assembly committee on rules. I can't find when they meet next, but I suspect they have to have a vote to pass it to the full Assembly first, then it can be passed by the Assembly, then the Gov can sign it, then we can wait 4 months , then we can behave more like free people.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-15-2011 at 01:55 PM.

McX
    i just have to.............i realy do; so some assembly is required................?

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Where did this language come from, Grant?
    That wording came from Pridemore's Amendment to AB126. I have a call into his office and should have some answers very soon.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i just have to.............i realy do; so some assembly is required................?
    Achh! Shoot him! (mandatory smiley to show I'm just kidding for any law enforcement monitoring this website....)
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

OK, here's the skinny directly from Rep Pridemore's office and I will quote:

Hello Grant, this is Christy from Rep. Don Pridemoreís office. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. The Assembly is in session today, so the office has been busy.

Essentially, one of the main differences between the Substitute Amendment 126 and SB93 has to do with a proposed statewide referendum. Rep. Pridemore supports constitutional concealed carry. He is not, however, in favor of proposed permit requirements. Rep. Pridemore does not believe that an individual should have a permit for a Constitutional right. Additionally, an individualís name should not be on any unnecessary government list when it comes to this issue. In the substitute amendment, Rep. Pridemore proposed a required referendum on the 2013 fall general election, which would have required asking if the public wants to continue the permit and training requirements for concealed carry.

It is my understanding that at this point Substitute Amendment 126 is still valid. SB93, or Senate Substitute Amendment 2, still has to pass through the Committee on Rules sometime in the near future. The final version must also still pass by both houses. The good news is that we are at least getting closer to establishing a version of concealed carry law in Wisconsin, which is a huge step for the state.
    Actually, the Pridemore Amendment also changes the training mandate as I have outlined earlier.

I prefer the SB93 training language over Pridemore's training language.