• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List your Snappy Answers re: "Why do you need to carry a gun" ?

FS23

Short Answer
Skull :Normal Thickness ( not typical )

Them : Why do you feel you need to carry a gun ?

You : Why do you feel you need to carry a spare tire ?

Them : Oh yeah, makes sense.....

End of conversation

Long Answer
Skull : Thick (typical )

Them : Why do you feel you need to carry a gun ?

You : Why do you feel you need to carry a spare tire ?

Them :Yeah but a flat tire isnt going to hurt you.

You : 100% of vehicles manufactured come with a spare tire for a non life threatening situation. Isnt protecting your life more important than a spare tire ? It allows you to take care of the problem without having to call for help and hope it arrives in a timely matter.

Them : Are you talking about a spare tire or having a gun ?

You : yes

Them : umm

You : It's similar to having a portable jump starter in your car. The first time you need it, it pays for itself.

Them : The jump starter or a gun?

You : yes

Them : Yeah ok smart guy, but what happens if your car breaks down in the middle of the night on a dark road and its not a flat tire or just the battery and you need to call for help and your waiting........ for :idea:........ oh, I get it now. Hey, where can I get one of those things ?

End of conversation :banana:

lapeer20m

What is that?

"This is my declaration of independence"

Why do you carry a gun?

"To protect my family"

"For the same reason i wear a seat belt. I don't put on a seat belt hoping that i have an opportunity to use it to it's greatest potential....I wear it because i realize that statistically the chances are great that at least once in my life there will be a moment when the seat belt saves me from great bodily harm "

"nobody is more concerned about the safety and welfare of me and my family than I am"

"Why don't you?"

"because this is America"

B

Bikenut

When asked "Why do you need to carry a gun?" by someone with an anti gun attitude my reply is very simple....

"So you will have someone to hide behind when trouble starts."

Badger Johnson

Because I don't want to die at the hands of some punk, cringing in fear in the back of a 7-11.

No BG with a knife is ever going to make me do more than laugh in his face (even if I just have my knife, in fact, which I always do).

Since I don't walk too well, being car-jacked would be hella inconvenient.

It makes my girlfriend look tough to be packing a Ruger .357 magnum, while wearing some slinky outfit. And by tough I mean sexy.

I don't have a gun today, but it's alright, I have a tactical girlfriend (person's eyes get big as they turn and discover her, looking stern, at their 4 o'clock.)

Because being armed means I can decide if I want to fight today, or not.

TheQ

No BG with a knife is ever going to make me do more than laugh in his face (even if I just have my knife, in fact, which I always do).

Don't underestimate the knife. A skilled BG who can draw his knife from concealment and be at me within .7 seconds is one of my worse fears as a gun carrier.

I don't expect him to be brandishing it at me as he approaches at a walk pace -- that'd just be dumb of him.

Outdoorsman1

An old but a goodie....

Them... Why do you carry a gun..??
Me.... Because a cop is to heavy...

Seriously, I usually just tell them for security.

And... depending on who's asking the question... I like the warm and fuzzy feeling I get when "she" is on my hip...

Outdoorsman1

Centurion

Snappy answer done with a smile.

1. Officer have you looked at yourself in a mirror lately? You'd be far too heavy for me to carry on my hip!

2. Why don't you need to carry a gun, - have you signed a treaty with criminals that makes you "off limits" to crime?

Michigander

Because my life is worth protecting. That's the only answer needed. If someone responds to that with irate and irrational garbage, there likely isn't much use in attempting to have an intelligent conversation with them.