Bowling Pin Shoot, Saturday June 18th 2011

Saturday June 18th 2011

Bowling Pin Shoot
    To Benefit the Patriot Shrine's Club
    (We support Shriner's Hospitals)

PLACE: FREEMANS RANGE 5672 BIBB STORE RD. LOUISA VA

DATE: SATURDAY June 18TH 2011 SHOOTERS MEETING AT 11 AM

EVENT: BOWLING PIN COMPETITION.

SQUADS OF FIVE SHOOTERS COMPETE TO SHOOT ALL 5 PINS OFF THE TABLE IN THE FASTEST TIME.
    FIRST SHOOTER IN THE SQUAD TO CLEAR THE TABLE WINS THAT ROUND.

EACH ROUND IS $ 5.00
    A ROUND IS A COURSE OF FIRE, NOT A BULLET

HANDGUN SHOTGUN CLASS (USING #8 SHOT ONLY)

BRING EYE AND EAR PROTECTION

GUNS MUST BE IN A ZIPPED BAG
    OR
    SECURED HOLSTER (?)

MUST HAVE YOUR OWN AMMO

ALL MONEY GOES to the charity

QUESTIONS or DIRECTIONS:
    TODD FREEMAN AT 540-967-3873 (BETWEEN 7-9 pm)

(THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOL PREMITTED)

I thought I'd pass the info on for those that may be interested.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Strange people in Louisa.

In Hampton Roads we use a bowling ball to knock down the pins.

It does sound like fun.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Strange people in Louisa.
    I can agree with that.

In Hampton Roads we use a bowling ball to knock down the pins.
    The conventional way is fun when you've consumed large amounts of adult beverage, haven't had any since 1989.

It does sound like fun.
    This is an understatement.

Haven't been to this shoot but have shot many pin matches, the folks holding the match sounded real nice over the phone.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Ugh. Wish it were closer. I'd love to do something like that!

I was practicing for the meet but the manager at BowlAmerica asked me to not come back....

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    I was practicing for the meet but the manager at BowlAmerica asked me to not come back....
    It was a lot more fun back before they had automatic pin setters.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I would have loved to attend but I already had some shooting lessons scheduled.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

It appeared that everyone enjoyed themselves, about 50 shooters ranging in age from 9 -70+, competitive but friendly folks.

Pourshot showed up and tried to be Wyatt Earp with that 10 1/2" bbl SA, I was waiting for him touch off the BFR in (45-70) but that never happened.

I used the shoot to test my lastest additions another Ruger LCR in .357 (that makes three) and another Coonan Model B (that makes five Coonan's).
    Like my other LCR's (the other two belong to my other half) this one prefers full house .357mag, .38spl (to include +P) shoot a little low even at 15yrds.
    This Coonan needs a little more sorting out, unlike my others this one was bought used and the previous owner changed some parts.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    This Coonan needs a little more sorting out, unlike my others this one was bought used and the previous owner changed some parts.
    The company Pres. sent me a personal email telling me to send them the pistol and they would get it sorted out for me, I had emailed an order for parts.

Big difference from another company that will remain nameless, I personal know the VP for 20+yrs and a request for parts source has gone ignored for 2+yrs.

~Alan Korwin