• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowling Pin Shoot, Saturday June 18th 2011

Marco

Saturday June 18th 2011

Bowling Pin Shoot
To Benefit the Patriot Shrine's Club
(We support Shriner's Hospitals)

PLACE: FREEMANS RANGE 5672 BIBB STORE RD. LOUISA VA

DATE: SATURDAY June 18TH 2011 SHOOTERS MEETING AT 11 AM

EVENT: BOWLING PIN COMPETITION.

SQUADS OF FIVE SHOOTERS COMPETE TO SHOOT ALL 5 PINS OFF THE TABLE IN THE FASTEST TIME.
FIRST SHOOTER IN THE SQUAD TO CLEAR THE TABLE WINS THAT ROUND.

EACH ROUND IS $ 5.00
A ROUND IS A COURSE OF FIRE, NOT A BULLET

HANDGUN SHOTGUN CLASS (USING #8 SHOT ONLY)

BRING EYE AND EAR PROTECTION

GUNS MUST BE IN A ZIPPED BAG
OR
SECURED HOLSTER (?)

MUST HAVE YOUR OWN AMMO

ALL MONEY GOES to the charity

QUESTIONS or DIRECTIONS:
TODD FREEMAN AT 540-967-3873 (BETWEEN 7-9 pm)

(THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOL PREMITTED)

I thought I'd pass the info on for those that may be interested.

Marco

Strange people in Louisa.
I can agree with that. :)

In Hampton Roads we use a bowling ball to knock down the pins.
The conventional way is fun when you've consumed large amounts of adult beverage, haven't had any since 1989.

It does sound like fun.
This is an understatement.

Haven't been to this shoot but have shot many pin matches, the folks holding the match sounded real nice over the phone.

Marco

It appeared that everyone enjoyed themselves, about 50 shooters ranging in age from 9 -70+, competitive but friendly folks.

Pourshot showed up and tried to be Wyatt Earp with that 10 1/2" bbl SA, I was waiting for him touch off the BFR in (45-70) but that never happened.

I used the shoot to test my lastest additions another Ruger LCR in .357 (that makes three) and another Coonan Model B (that makes five Coonan's).
Like my other LCR's (the other two belong to my other half) this one prefers full house .357mag, .38spl (to include +P) shoot a little low even at 15yrds.
This Coonan needs a little more sorting out, unlike my others this one was bought used and the previous owner changed some parts.

Marco

This Coonan needs a little more sorting out, unlike my others this one was bought used and the previous owner changed some parts.

The company Pres. sent me a personal email telling me to send them the pistol and they would get it sorted out for me, I had emailed an order for parts.

Big difference from another company that will remain nameless, I personal know the VP for 20+yrs and a request for parts source has gone ignored for 2+yrs.