• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Enough is enough people. It's go time...

TangoDown

Seriuosly, enough is enough people! our "leaders" have shown that they care more about the whiney "guns are bad" babies that they do us...WTF? This is OUR state, and we are NOT going to get the CCW law what THEY want! And we (and I say that because I'm included), need to stop with all the "Well, it could be worse" or the "Well there is recoprocity with this one" crap!!! That's a shamefull cop out, and we all know it! Yes it could be "worse" but it can also be BETTER!

The time for talk and e-mails is O-V-E-R....So I don't care If I am down there by myself, But we should, no WE NEED to march on the capitol, OC'n with signs and all. We MUST get our point accros! We need to bring our message as loud as effin possible, we need to make Signs like "Why do we need permits to what we already do everyday?"...etc.
They think we are so few in number that they can do whatever they want with no regards to our god given rights. Well we need to make it KNOWN, that We will except nothing short of SB93 with NO amendments, the ORIGINAL SB93, not this vomit sandwich they whipped up for us after a night of hard partying. NO WIGGLE room for them what soever.

So seriously people, I no that I'm a relativly new member and I have no real tenur here, but honestly, if you really care about your rights, take off work, call in sick, find a sitter, do whatever it takes but we NEED to get our message accross, and we ALL,need to be there. We need to get up from behind our computer screens, and stand together, and we need to stand soon. We can no longer just sit and watch as our elected officials play fast and loose with our RIGHTS!

So as stated above, I am in even if I'm all by myself, me, a new member with no more than 20 sum posts here will be there sopporting our rights. As for a date IDK, but it has to be soon. I'm thinking next week, but hell if we can get out there this week, lets do this.

It's go time.

-Tango

oak1971

I applaud your enthusiasm, but we haven't all been just sitting on our duffs. WCI has been doing much and is largely responsible for all that has been gained so far.

qball54208

I would like to make an observation, with all the HEAT that is on our Legislators with the ongoing mess w/the Budget given all the protesters in Mad-Town, I would think "we" would be seriously out numbered. Best to not stir up a bee's nest in Mad-Town, "they" have a serous agenda to tkae up w/ Legislators. Sadly, the Budget "battle" is going to take a front row position, till it gets passed.
Unfair and BS, however, it does carry more weight across the board compared to ALL OF OUR 2A RIGHTS!
IOW, the voices of us here would be drowned out, that's sad!
I offer you this, even though WE did not get what WE ALL deserve ( I say WE, meaning ALL Wisconsinites) mainly because the Gov would only sign a particular Bill. We got what we got, there really is no turning back, unless SB93 does get stuffed later this week.

BROKENSPROKET

The time for talk and e-mails is O-V-E-R....So I don't care If I am down there by myself, But we should, no WE NEED to march on the capitol, OC'n with signs and all. We MUST get our point accros! We need to bring our message as loud as effin possible, we need to make Signs like "Why do we need permits to what we already do everyday?"...etc.
.....but honestly, if you really care about your rights, take off work, call in sick, find a sitter, do whatever it takes but we NEED to get our message accross, and we ALL,need to be there. We need to get up from behind our computer screens, and stand together, and we need to stand soon.

Yah, it works so well for union protestors, we should do it too. NOT!!!

Last edited:

TangoDown

WCI has been doing much and is largely responsible for all that has been gained so far.

Please people. NO more comments about whos done what and whos done the most or more than anyone else. If you are in, you are in, If you want to "sit on your duff" as some would put it, that's fine. But with this post, I'm talking to all the true patriots, all the true freedom lovers, and all the people who are still willing to stand for a cause, and who won't cop out when the heat is on. Crunch time people, lets do this!

-Tango

jrclen

I'll sit on my duff for this one. I've waited for a long darn time to get the ability to stick a handgun in my pocket or under my shirt. We are close to getting that ability. 4 or 5 years ago I would have drooled over SB93 compared to the crap bill Doyle vetoed. $37 for 5 years. Hunter safety or a DD214 for training. Non published data base of permits. Carrying within the GFSZ. Automobile carry.

How many states went from no concealed carry to constitutional carry in one step? Do you think the 49th state to pass CCW is going to do that? We will get constitutional carry in the future. In my humble opinion we should be celebrating rather than complaining.

BROKENSPROKET

I feel that this would be counter-productive and a huge waste of energy at this time.

The fact that Constitutional Carry got as much ground as it did is a huge testiment to our efforts. We will continue are fight for Constitutional Carry, but it will be a slightly longer term goal than we were expecting just a few months ago.

I strongly believe that our energy should now be focused on AB69 and SB79 and also on the poison bill that is coming up to make CCW a felony. Then, make sure we maintain the majority through the recall elections. After that, we can refocus on efforts educating our legislators on Constitutional Carry while providing FREE Handgun Safety Training.

The Republican Party has been through a battle this session. We need to let them focus on supporting each other through the recall elections.

BROKENSPROKET

I'll sit on my duff for this one. I've waited for a long darn time to get the ability to stick a handgun in my pocket or under my shirt. We are close to getting that ability. 4 or 5 years ago I would have drooled over SB93 compared to the crap bill Doyle vetoed. $37 for 5 years. Hunter safety or a DD214 for training. Non published data base of permits. Carrying within the GFSZ. Automobile carry.

How many states went from no concealed carry to constitutional carry in one step? Do you think the 49th state to pass CCW is going to do that? We will get constitutional carry in the future. In my humble opinion we should be celebrating rather than complaining.

I agree. But let us not celebrate too much. The fight is not over.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran

+1

DangerClose

I offer you this, even though WE did not get what WE ALL deserve ( I say WE, meaning ALL Wisconsinites) mainly because the Gov would only sign a particular Bill. We got what we got, there really is no turning back, unless SB93 does get stuffed later this week.
Very good point about the Governor. Walker said he wants permits and training. Maybe he only said that due to the esteemed Chief Flynn, but he still said it. Would he veto a bill without those things? With the recalls and everything, I'd rather not take the chance.

This is a better bill than many/most states have. Despite trying to slip various amendments into it and failing, it even has bipartisan support.

On the news tonight, they mentioned the bill passing the Senate and linked it to saying how Lambeau Field is considered a government building and that they won't be able to post no-guns signs in the parking lot and so "tailgating might be more interesting if the concealed-carry bill passes" or whatever. I winced at the story because I could see how other people who don't know better might get all scared.

Walker has pretty much gotten what he's wanted since he's been in office. He now says he wants permits for CC. If anyone wants to protest, I hope they wait until SB93 passes because I think it's either this or nothing at this time. After people see the sky hasn't fallen, constitutional carry will have a better chance, and that includes from Democrats.

With all the crazy crap going on about the budget and collective bargaining and all that, I'm surprised they took up the CC issue at this time at all.

Oh, and due to the federal school zone law, most people would have probably wanted and have gotten a permit anyway. Is constitutional + optional permit better than SB93? Yes. Was that already tried with a Republican-majority legislature and Republican governor mere days/weeks ago and failed? Yes.

Last edited:

hardballer

Very good point about the Governor. Walker said he wants permits and training. Maybe he only said that due to the esteemed Chief Flynn, but he still said it. Would he veto a bill without those things? With the recalls and everything, I'd rather not take the chance.

This is a better bill than many/most states have. Despite trying to slip various amendments into it and failing, it even has bipartisan support.

On the news tonight, they mentioned the bill passing the Senate and linked it to saying how Lambeau Field is considered a government building and that they won't be able to post no-guns signs in the parking lot and so "tailgating might be more interesting if the concealed-carry bill passes" or whatever. I winced at the story because I could see how other people who don't know better might get all scared.

Walker has pretty much gotten what he's wanted since he's been in office. He now says he wants permits for CC. If anyone wants to protest, I hope they wait until SB93 passes because I think it's either this or nothing at this time. After people see the sky hasn't fallen, constitutional carry will have a better chance, and that includes from Democrats.

With all the crazy crap going on about the budget and collective bargaining and all that, I'm surprised they took up the CC issue at this time at all.

Oh, and due to the federal school zone law, most people would have probably wanted and have gotten a permit anyway. Is constitutional + optional permit better than SB93? Yes. Was that already tried with a Republican-majority legislature and Republican governor mere days/weeks ago and failed? Yes.

I tend to agree. Personally, I don't think we will have to wait all that long for pure constitutional carry. Either with or without legislative decree.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
...The time for talk and e-mails is O-V-E-R....So I don't care If I am down there by myself, But we should, no WE NEED to march on the capitol, OC'n with signs and all. We MUST get our point accros! We need to bring our message as loud as effin possible, we need to make Signs like "Why do we need permits to what we already do everyday?"...etc.
They think we are so few in number that they can do whatever they want with no regards to our god given rights. Well we need to make it KNOWN, that We will except nothing short of SB93 with NO amendments, the ORIGINAL SB93, not this vomit sandwich they whipped up for us after a night of hard partying. NO WIGGLE room for them what soever.

So seriously people, I no that I'm a relativly new member and I have no real tenur here, but honestly, if you really care about your rights, take off work, call in sick, find a sitter, do whatever it takes but we NEED to get our message accross, and we ALL,need to be there. We need to get up from behind our computer screens, and stand together, and we need to stand soon. We can no longer just sit and watch as our elected officials play fast and loose with our RIGHTS!... -Tango

If you want to take exactly the same approach as the State employees and teachers, then expect to have the same success they had and possibly experience similar shifts in public opinion as they did. Governor Walker has his agenda and (he) has already shown that tens of thousands of protesters present in Madison over a number of weeks aren't going to influence his decisions.

If you don't want to be suspected of being a troll, a sockpuppet, or "The Doug", I suggest you first compose your posts in Microsoft Word or similar software, run the spellchecker, and then copy and paste those thoughts into your post to the group...I'm just sayin'...

Last edited:

wild boar

To stop the process now...

...would be playing into the hands of the ANTI'S. They like nothing better than to see us at each others throats. At this point in time , the best place for us is backing what is on the table. When it comes to time, they only have what we allow by our vote. On the other hand, we have as long as we keep this alive, through our actions, and the actions of those freedom minded people who will take up the cause. Constitution Carry will always be the objective, but you'll notice, I said THE cause. I say THE because what we are doing now is OUR course. All the ground work in place was a result of doing what had to be done at one point in time, and this will change. The effort must never lose site of the fact that a house cat can kill an elephant with just one good bite a day over an extended period of time. i.e., now that there is something on the plate all we have to do is nibble away what we don't want!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I personally believe that our legislators have been immunized by the goings on around the capital. Another group of screaming folks they will ignore.

What you need to do is build a relationship with them.

When I walked into My Senator's office on Tuesday, half the staff said 'Hi Paul Fisher' and the others said 'Oh, I've heard so much about you'. That is what you need to do.

I then went to my Representative's office and everyone there knew my name. They asked me my opinion of SB93 as it stood right then and was the training requirement acceptable to me.

So.... a few rules:

1. If you aren't THEIR constituent, they won't listen to you.
2. If all you do is bitch and moan, they won't listen to you. Tell them some of the things you like that they do.
3. Keep it up. Make a contact (phone, email, in person) once a week. I tried to send at least an article that was pro Constitutional Carry or showed what another state was doing moving towards freedom or if I couldn't find anything, a quick note thanking them for their service.

Obviously if your elected official is completely against everything you stand for, the compliments will be few and far between but at the very least you can keep the lines of communications open.

protias

As was said, we have not be idle or begging to be able to conceal. We demanded Constitutional Carry, and it wasn't just us members of WCI, but the majority of the people who spoke at Wausau and Maidson also, including several police officers! Our legislators did not listen to us. I heard several say, "We don't have the votes for Constitutional Carry." I want to see names then!

paul@paul-fisher.com

As was said, we have not be idle or begging to be able to conceal. We demanded Constitutional Carry, and it wasn't just us members of WCI, but the majority of the people who spoke at Wausau and Maidson also, including several police officers! Our legislators did not listen to us. I heard several say, "We don't have the votes for Constitutional Carry." I want to see names then!

Unfortunately we will never know. They watered it down enough before anyone could actually vote on it. I would ASSuME that the original authors and sponsors would of voted for the original Galloway proposal, so we can start there. However, Representative Pridemore, for example, didn't sign on after SSA1 (optional permit) was added because he thought the original was better. So.... to ASSuME that if you didn't author/sponsor you are anti wouldn't be a 100% certainty.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

....After people see the sky hasn't fallen, constitutional carry will have a better chance, and that includes from Democrats.

I believe this shows that the many RKBA groups in Wisconsin have reached the fabled "Critical Mass" and become a political force to be reckoned with.

As Wild Boar said,
wild boar said:
To stop the process now...
...would be playing into the hands of the ANTI'S. They like nothing better than to see us at each others throats. At this point in time , the best place for us is backing what is on the table.
After we've shown ourselves still again as good citizens who happen to carry a sidearm, and that putting a layer of cloth over it doesn't turn us into bloodthirsty killers, we will have much more support for CC.

Just keep up the respectful pressure on your representatives to pass AB93 without any more steee-eenking amendments....

treebound

A day or three ago one of the radio talk show hosts was talking about a case in the late 90's that made it to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. The show host quoted the written words of one of the justices, I think he said it was Prosser (sp?). They were very good words which could easily be applied to every law abiding citizen of this state and of this nation. The words also covered reasonable reasons as to why a prudent person would choose to conceal a firearm.

Should I ever find myself in a situation where I'm charged with some firearm offense I will be referring to those words. I can easily see those words being presented in a trial before the U.S. Supreme Court.

My phone browser is very limited in search functions so I apologize for my lack of citations and lack of links.

I personally feel that an open protest at the State Capitol would be counter productive at this time. Would have made much more sense when Doyle was in office, but somehow I don't think Doyle would have been as restrained as Walker has been relative to dealing with protesters.

Jason in WI

I agree with most here, I also wanted Constitutional Carry and don't really like what we have. The only problem is the ship has sailed, the only way to stop it is to pull a Titanic with the same horrible results.

If the recalls succeed we are screwed, time is short so we need to pass something. It's time to embrace what we will get and start planning on how to make it better, maybe we can remain in control and fix some stuff before Walker is gone.