• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tuck it back, or stand up for your freedoms!

Interceptor_Knight

Do you know how few states, even "shall issue" states, have permits that fully comply with the Federal GFSZA?

Unless this current version of the WI law requires an official determination that the licensee is a "suitable person", then the WI license won't help you there either.

So long as a background check is done, you are covered.... Do you have an actual example where even a single person has been prosecuted because their permit did not "fully comply"?

HandyHamlet

The small handful of posters on here who are devoted to Const. Carry will find that after people start receiving their permits, the so called Const Carry movement will shrink to even a smaller minority.

Really? You mean like how the CC movement shrunk? When Wisconsin gave up after Doyle hosed everyone the first time this passed? You really need to get out and meet your neighbors.

... but we need to vote these career bags out when ever the opportunity provides itself.

You had me at "hello".

OK...... question, since no vote was ever taken until we got this bastardized legislation, who do we vote out?

Every single one of them except Pam. Pam for President. Public office is a privilege. Not a career.

Our elected officials gave us what the Governor wanted. Not what the vast majority of the voters wanted. Until they understand that they work for us it is our duty to vote them all out. It is time to take back the government of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE.

Forward

p.s. I'd vote for you Paul. Once. :lol:

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

So.... when we invaded Iwo Jima and after the 1st day we had barely made it off the beach we should of just gotten back in the landing craft and left? :banghead:

You have that backwards. The one inch is progress and should be cause to press on, not to give up, and keep moving forward. Not just stop where we are and be happy with it.

OK...... question, since no vote was ever taken until we got this bastardized legislation, who do we vote out? Lena Taylor voted for this, do we brand her as an anti or a pro?

The easy answer is to vote against the 8 Democratic Senators that voted against it but how do we know that they didn't vote against it because they WANTED true Constitutional Carry? I am pretty sure that isn't the case but I know that Representative Pridemore indicated that he would vote against it in the Assembly just for that reason. Do we vote him out?

I understand and respect your sentiment, I'm just not sure how we come up with that 'list'. Unfortunately, all the arguing and discussion took place in caucus and those aren't open meetings so we have no CLUE who said what.

What is the answer? I'm not sure. Am I positive my Senator and Representative supported true Constitutional Carry? No! I can only take their word for it and see that they signed up as co-authors/co-sponsors on the original bill, before even the optional permit. In addition, I can see my Senator defended Constitutional Carry in the public hearing as well as the other committee meetings. Do we have that 'audit trail' for all of them? Nope, so most of the time it would be a feeling or a guess.

Do we need to make people pay for this? Yes! Who? I'm not sure. Will recalling the Republican Senators help? Not sure. We might be better off grooming some true conservatives to challenge them in the next primary.

The only person I am positive should be gone is Darling. She wanted to bend over for Flynn on the felony for unlicensed cc thing. It was only the rest of the Republican caucus basically telling her that she would receive no votes that caused her to put it as a separate bill that probably won't see the light of day.

Out of all of this there is one part where you get what I am trying to say. That is that we need to groom new people who are in line with what the people want and get them into office.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

You have that backwards. The one inch is progress and should be cause to press on, not to give up, and keep moving forward. Not just stop where we are and be happy with it.

I apologize if I misunderstood your meaning. I agree with this. Let's get this into law, work the system, recruit better people to run against the people we don't like and get it done.

logables

Really? You mean like how the CC movement shrunk? When Wisconsin gave up after Doyle hosed everyone the first time this passed? You really need to get out and meet your neighbors.

You had me at "hello".

Every single one of them except Pam. Pam for President. Public office is a privilege. Not a career.

Our elected officials gave us what the Governor wanted. Not what the vast majority of the voters wanted. Until they understand that they work for us it is our duty to vote them all out. It is time to take back the government of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE.

Forward

p.s. I'd vote for you Paul. Once. :lol:

The constitutional carry crowd does not now, or ever will have enough supporters to have any impact on crucial Wisconsin elections. The politicians knew this before the CC hearings were held in Madison and Wausau. A large majority of gun owners are thrilled with the current permit system that will soon become law.

CalicoJack10

I apologize if I misunderstood your meaning. I agree with this. Let's get this into law, work the system, recruit better people to run against the people we don't like and get it done.

I'll tell you what. If we can't find better people to run, I will start getting into it and I will run my damn self. I don't know how I will be able to afford it, but I am sure I can find a way. I still know a person or 2 in the unions.

HandyHamlet

The constitutional carry crowd does not now, or ever will have enough supporters to have any impact on crucial Wisconsin elections.

And that's why they introduced a Constitutional Carry Bill.
Must be nice to be able to rewrite history that's not even cold and in the ground yet.

Last edited:

anmut

I'm wondering how many of you will be willing to go pay for a permit when they start requiring you to list the firearms you may be carrying? That's the next step for the anti's when they lose the Concealed Carry fight.

HandyHamlet

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

logables
- see above post. You lost your WAVE fight against the CC bill. That makes you the loser in this fight. That is not a personal attack. That is the fact.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
OK...... partial quote

Do we need to make people pay for this? Yes! Who? I'm not sure. Will recalling the Republican Senators help? Not sure. We might be better off grooming some true conservatives to challenge them in the next primary.

The only person I am positive should be gone is Darling. She wanted to bend over for Flynn on the felony for unlicensed cc thing. It was only the rest of the Republican caucus basically telling her that she would receive no votes that caused her to put it as a separate bill that probably won't see the light of day.

Agree...Darling historically had a low NRA rating relative to other Republicans. Seems like her and Carpenter both have their heads up storm trooper commander philandering Flynn's patoot.

Zeus

A free Constitutional Republic requires participation at all times, not just for certain laws or bills to be passed. If you are not constantly engaged then you are allowing your freedoms to be taken away. There is no rest, that is how we got where we are today as a nation. Being satisfied to be granted a privilege that "works for you", but is not in the best interests of a free Republic and is the path towards tyranny. I fight for all freedom loving peoples rights, not just what I need for myself. That's what Liberals do. They want anything they don't like banned, unless it suits their needs.

HandyHamlet

The constitutional carry crowd does not now, or ever will have enough supporters to have any impact on crucial Wisconsin elections.

I enjoy listening to Weber, but I really enjoy listening to Charlie Sykes.

Wisconsin --(Ammoland.com)- Listen to the following clip that the anti-gun group W.A.V.E. is using in their attack on your right to carry.

The video link above is Milwaukee “conservative” radio talk show hosts Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner discussing the concealed carry legislation.

Milwaukee “conservative” radio talk show hosts Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner think people who support Constitutional Carry are “The kook fringe”

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/05/20/...stitutional-carry-supporters-the-kook-fringe/

Wave was unsuccessful in stopping this bill, so that hardly makes you a winner.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck... it should waddle back to WAVE.

Last edited:

oak1971

For alot of people this very good conceal carry permit bill was acceptable before the Senate voted on it. The small handful of posters on here who are devoted to Const. Carry will find that after people start receiving their permits, the so called Const Carry movement will shrink to even a smaller minority.

Not a cop-out for a large segment of conceal carry enthusiasts.

Who are you to lecture us, he of the 8 posts? Small number my arse, it was because of the threat of Constitutional Carry that the bill we have now is as clean as it is. Think upon that before you spew forth more uninformed refuse.

logables

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck... it should waddle back to WAVE.

My opinion about Jay Weber and Sykes was in a thread regarding the Jay Weber show, not this thread.

Because I am happy with the current legislation that will be passed soon and do not care about constitutional carry, I am personally attacked. I have never attacked you on your opinions on this forum.

logables

Who are you to lecture us, he of the 8 posts? Small number my arse, it was because of the threat of Constitutional Carry that the bill we have now is as clean as it is. Think upon that before you spew forth more uninformed refuse.

What I posted was merely my opinion and not a lecture. What I posted was not uninformed refuse, just my opinion. If it makes you angry, tough. I do not care about constitutional carry as it will be years before it is even an issue again.