Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Weber

Jay Weber

In the 6 o clock hour, he was talking about conceal carry and how many people would actually do it on a daily basis. Long story short, he called anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot." Jay, you obviously know nothing about SB93. This bill is more than just handguns. It opens up the restrictions on electric devices and knives (don't know about chemical sprays).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    gun zealot? nah, personal protection and survival zealot? law and order zealot? law abiding citizen......that works for me.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    In the 6 o clock hour, he was talking about conceal carry and how many people would actually do it on a daily basis. Long story short, he called anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot."....
    So, would anybody who listens to him on a daily basis be an "Idiot zealot"?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    So, would anybody who listens to him on a daily basis be an "Idiot zealot"?
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

This bill is more than just handguns. It opens up the restrictions on electric devices and knives (don't know about chemical sprays).
    Yep. I'd probably get a permit just to avoid any potential concealed "weapon" problems, and that includes knives. You can already carry pepper spray, though.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Yep. I'd probably get a permit just to avoid any potential concealed "weapon" problems, and that includes knives. You can already carry pepper spray, though.
    That is a grey area with pepper spray, technically if it is in your pocket you can get charged with an illegally concealed weapon charge.
    yes, some cops are pig-headed enough to charge people for it, others understand the need to have some sort of defense and leave it alone, or just confiscate and leave the charges off.

Who is Weber, what station/show is he on, how do we contact his overseers, is there a blogcast etc?

anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot."
    Except police, of course...
    Because they're the only ones who ever have to protect themselves against violence.
    No other citizens ever get attacked, robbed, beaten, raped, stabbed, shot, murdered, etc.
    All those news stories are made up, right?

And yes, he's ignoring the provisions allowing people to carry whatever PPD suits them:
    gun, knife, tazer...
    though why someone would want a tazer when even the police admit they don't work is beyond me.
    (One MPD post on FB noted that a suspect who was shooting at police was tazed first, kept shooting, then was shot.)

#####

jayweber@clearchannel.com
    Here's the podcast: http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-commo...art%25201d.mp3
    Includes comments, if you're on FB. If you don't want him mocking/harrassing you, suggest using a secondary account.

Wow... listening to him, just in the first couple minutes he's called people whiners & brats.
    This does not lead me to think his opinions matter.

"Some folks feel the need to carry a gun everywhere... grab your wallet, car keys, pistol..."
    But he does recognize that the right to carry is infringed more in some places than others.
    As for him excluding states based on "similar gun mentality"... Huh?
    ["pro-gun, back hills & hollers mentality"]
    He just went from facts to opinions, things you can quantify to nebulous concepts.
    So he discards AZ & TN, but includes MI even though they're bigger.

Wonder if he'd be suprised to find how many WI residents have carry permits from other states?
    And that will increase the number of permits, because we MUST get a WI permit in order to have those other permits.

But his numbers only apply to citizens. He's completely ignoring criminals who carry, just as most other commentators do. At least he has the grace to admit that lawful carriers won't cause problems, pointing out that it hasn't happened in other states.

14:11 he says carrying is stupid "I was safe before, why do I feel like I'm unsafe now?"
    You weren't safe before.
    "It's summertime, how do I conceal it?" Answer is, you don't.
    "What do I do when I go to a place that doesn't allow guns?" Again, the answer is you don't.

And yet he says he wants to get a permit!
    Calls people who carry all the time zealots...
    For all the good points he makes, he sure throws out some stupid comments.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Who is Weber, what station/show is he on, how do we contact his overseers, is there a blogcast etc?
    WISN 1130

http://www.jaywebershow.com/

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I guess he can call me a seat belt zealot too.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Who?

I think you guys are starting to make all these tools up.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    That is a grey area with pepper spray, technically if it is in your pocket you can get charged with an illegally concealed weapon charge.
    yes, some cops are pig-headed enough to charge people for it, others understand the need to have some sort of defense and leave it alone, or just confiscate and leave the charges off.
    Are you sure? Everything I've read recently for pepper spray says it can be concealed in WI if you are over 18. I read the law got changed for it not too long back. You just can't camouflage it and other minor things.

Definition of ZEALOT...

zeal·ot noun \ˈze-lət\

1: capitalized : a member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century a.d. and militantly opposing the Roman domination of Palestine
    2: a zealous person; especially : a fanatical partisan <a religious zealot>
    See zealot defined for English-language learners »
    See zealot defined for kids »
    Examples of ZEALOT
    <zealots on both sides of the issue resorted to name-calling and scare tactics>
    Origin of ZEALOT
    Late Latin zelotes, from Greek zēlōtēs, from zēlos
    First Known Use: 1537
    Related to ZEALOT
    Synonyms: crusader, fanatic, ideologue (also idealogue), militant, partisan (also partizan), red hot, true believer
    Antonyms: nonmilitant
    Related Words: activist; dreamer, idealist, visionary; cultist, disciple, follower, hanger-on, idolizer, votary; addict, aficionado (also afficionado), buff, bug, devotee, enthusiast, fan, fancier, fiend, fool, freak, habitué (also habitue), head, hound, junkie (also junky), lover, maniac, maven (also mavin), nut, sucker; advocate, apostle, backer, champion, evangelist, patron, promoter, stalwart, supporter; booster, rooter, well-wisher; faddistNear Antonyms: dabbler, dilettante
    [+]more[-]hide
    Rhymes with ZEALOT
    helot, pellet

I am in no way shape or form a "Gun Zealot"....

Firearm Zealot - Yes
    Pistol Zealot - Yes
    Tactical Shotgun Zealot - Yes
    Tactical Rifle Zealot - Yes

Crazy... Well thats for me to know and the BG to find out..

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by logables View Post
    I enjoy listening to Weber, but I really enjoy listening to Charlie Sykes.

So the Troll reveals himself already. A GOOD troll waits for a while. Shoo! Go back to WAVE little troll.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

The state statute for pepper spray is 941.26(4).

Main points.
    Not considered a dangerous weapon by definition so 941.23 does not apply.
    Container must hold 2oz or less of chemical. (Oleoresin Capisicum).
    Must have a minimum effective range of 6 feet.
    Must have a maximum effective range of 20 feet.
    Must be 18 years or older to posses.
    Car carry legal if at least 18 years old.
    Must have a safety device.
    Must have a conspicuous label.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    So the Troll reveals himself already. A GOOD troll waits for a while. Shoo! Go back to WAVE little troll.
    We need some troll spray.

In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    We need some troll spray.

i would like 3 cans please
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    The state statute for pepper spray is 941.26(4).

Main points.
    Not considered a dangerous weapon by definition so 941.23 does not apply.
    Container must hold 2oz or less of chemical. (Oleoresin Capisicum).
    Must have a minimum effective range of 6 feet.
    Must have a maximum effective range of 20 feet.
    Must be 18 years or older to posses.
    Car carry legal if at least 18 years old.
    Must have a safety device.
    Must have a conspicuous label.
    What about mace, pepper spray with UV dye, larger pepper spray cans, more potent pepper spray, etc? Are those covered in SB93/AR10?

I enjoy listening to Weber, but I really enjoy listening to Charlie Sykes.
    Charlie takes it up the stink star.

He refuses to take calls from or debate anyone on firearms issues that do not agree with his narrow, uninformed viewpoint. He is a liar and uses false data to support his assertions.

Anyone that thinks this twit is a Constitutionalist needs their head examined.
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by logables View Post
    I have never thought...
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

In the 6 o clock hour, he was talking about conceal carry and how many people would actually do it on a daily basis. Long story short, he called anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot." Jay, you obviously know nothing about SB93. This bill is more than just handguns. It opens up the restrictions on electric devices and knives (don't know about chemical sprays).
    I find it hard to believe he would say that, last week he talked about how he had already registered for his conceal carry training class through "Just Carry" and would be one of the first in line to get his permit.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    I find it hard to believe he would say that, last week he talked about how he had already registered for his conceal carry training class through "Just Carry" and would be one of the first in line to get his permit.
    Speaking of that organization, I'm surprised Jay let him say it. I guess the guy just wanted a free plug without paying for advertisement.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Forgive me, but what restrictions on knives does it lift?

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Forgive me, but what restrictions on knives does it lift?
    Since knives are not covered under 66.0409, municipalities can put restrictions on blade length (general speaking, 3" is okay to have).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast