• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jay Weber

protias

In the 6 o clock hour, he was talking about conceal carry and how many people would actually do it on a daily basis. Long story short, he called anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot." Jay, you obviously know nothing about SB93. This bill is more than just handguns. It opens up the restrictions on electric devices and knives (don't know about chemical sprays).

M

McX

gun zealot? nah, personal protection and survival zealot? law and order zealot? law abiding citizen......that works for me.

XDFDE45

So, would anybody who listens to him on a daily basis be an "Idiot zealot"? :monkey
rolling.gif

DangerClose

This bill is more than just handguns. It opens up the restrictions on electric devices and knives (don't know about chemical sprays).

Yep. I'd probably get a permit just to avoid any potential concealed "weapon" problems, and that includes knives. You can already carry pepper spray, though.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Yep. I'd probably get a permit just to avoid any potential concealed "weapon" problems, and that includes knives. You can already carry pepper spray, though.

That is a grey area with pepper spray, technically if it is in your pocket you can get charged with an illegally concealed weapon charge.
yes, some cops are pig-headed enough to charge people for it, others understand the need to have some sort of defense and leave it alone, or just confiscate and leave the charges off.

MKEgal

Who is Weber, what station/show is he on, how do we contact his overseers, is there a blogcast etc?

anyone who wanted to carry on a daily basis a "gun zealot."
Except police, of course... :mad:
Because they're the only ones who ever have to protect themselves against violence.
No other citizens ever get attacked, robbed, beaten, raped, stabbed, shot, murdered, etc.
All those news stories are made up, right?

And yes, he's ignoring the provisions allowing people to carry whatever PPD suits them:
gun, knife, tazer...
though why someone would want a tazer when even the police admit they don't work is beyond me.
(One MPD post on FB noted that a suspect who was shooting at police was tazed first, kept shooting, then was shot.)

#####

jayweber@clearchannel.com
Here's the podcast: http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-comm...selected_podcast=Hour%201%20-%20Part%201d.mp3
Includes comments, if you're on FB. If you don't want him mocking/harrassing you, suggest using a secondary account.

Wow... listening to him, just in the first couple minutes he's called people whiners & brats.
This does not lead me to think his opinions matter.

"Some folks feel the need to carry a gun everywhere... grab your wallet, car keys, pistol..."
But he does recognize that the right to carry is infringed more in some places than others.
As for him excluding states based on "similar gun mentality"... Huh?
["pro-gun, back hills & hollers mentality"]
He just went from facts to opinions, things you can quantify to nebulous concepts.
So he discards AZ & TN, but includes MI even though they're bigger.

Wonder if he'd be suprised to find how many WI residents have carry permits from other states?
And that will increase the number of permits, because we MUST get a WI permit in order to have those other permits.

But his numbers only apply to citizens. He's completely ignoring criminals who carry, just as most other commentators do. At least he has the grace to admit that lawful carriers won't cause problems, pointing out that it hasn't happened in other states.

14:11 he says carrying is stupid "I was safe before, why do I feel like I'm unsafe now?"
You weren't safe before.
"It's summertime, how do I conceal it?" Answer is, you don't.
"What do I do when I go to a place that doesn't allow guns?" Again, the answer is you don't.

And yet he says he wants to get a permit!
Calls people who carry all the time zealots...
For all the good points he makes, he sure throws out some stupid comments.

Last edited:

DangerClose

That is a grey area with pepper spray, technically if it is in your pocket you can get charged with an illegally concealed weapon charge.
yes, some cops are pig-headed enough to charge people for it, others understand the need to have some sort of defense and leave it alone, or just confiscate and leave the charges off.

Are you sure? Everything I've read recently for pepper spray says it can be concealed in WI if you are over 18. I read the law got changed for it not too long back. You just can't camouflage it and other minor things.

Outdoorsman1

Definition of ZEALOT...

zeal·ot noun \ˈze-lət\

1: capitalized : a member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century a.d. and militantly opposing the Roman domination of Palestine
2: a zealous person; especially : a fanatical partisan <a religious zealot>
See zealot defined for English-language learners »
See zealot defined for kids »
Examples of ZEALOT
<zealots on both sides of the issue resorted to name-calling and scare tactics>
Origin of ZEALOT
Late Latin zelotes, from Greek zēlōtēs, from zēlos
First Known Use: 1537
Related to ZEALOT
Synonyms: crusader, fanatic, ideologue (also idealogue), militant, partisan (also partizan), red hot, true believer
Antonyms: nonmilitant
Related Words: activist; dreamer, idealist, visionary; cultist, disciple, follower, hanger-on, idolizer, votary; addict, aficionado (also afficionado), buff, bug, devotee, enthusiast, fan, fancier, fiend, fool, freak, habitué (also habitue), head, hound, junkie (also junky), lover, maniac, maven (also mavin), nut, sucker; advocate, apostle, backer, champion, evangelist, patron, promoter, stalwart, supporter; booster, rooter, well-wisher; faddistNear Antonyms: dabbler, dilettante
[+]more[-]hide
Rhymes with ZEALOT
helot, pellet

I am in no way shape or form a "Gun Zealot"....:eek:

Firearm Zealot - Yes
Pistol Zealot - Yes
Tactical Shotgun Zealot - Yes
Tactical Rifle Zealot - Yes

Crazy... Well thats for me to know and the BG to find out..:shocker:

Outdoorsman1

Captain Nemo

The state statute for pepper spray is 941.26(4).

Main points.
Not considered a dangerous weapon by definition so 941.23 does not apply.
Container must hold 2oz or less of chemical. (Oleoresin Capisicum).
Must have a minimum effective range of 6 feet.
Must have a maximum effective range of 20 feet.
Must be 18 years or older to posses.
Car carry legal if at least 18 years old.
Must have a safety device.
Must have a conspicuous label.

protias

The state statute for pepper spray is 941.26(4).

Main points.
Not considered a dangerous weapon by definition so 941.23 does not apply.
Container must hold 2oz or less of chemical. (Oleoresin Capisicum).
Must have a minimum effective range of 6 feet.
Must have a maximum effective range of 20 feet.
Must be 18 years or older to posses.
Car carry legal if at least 18 years old.
Must have a safety device.
Must have a conspicuous label.
What about mace, pepper spray with UV dye, larger pepper spray cans, more potent pepper spray, etc? Are those covered in SB93/AR10?

Grant Guess

I enjoy listening to Weber, but I really enjoy listening to Charlie Sykes.

Charlie takes it up the stink star.

He refuses to take calls from or debate anyone on firearms issues that do not agree with his narrow, uninformed viewpoint. He is a liar and uses false data to support his assertions.

Anyone that thinks this twit is a Constitutionalist needs their head examined.

logables

Charlie takes it up the stink star.

He refuses to take calls from or debate anyone on firearms issues that do not agree with his narrow, uninformed viewpoint. He is a liar and uses false data to support his assertions.

Anyone that thinks this twit is a Constitutionalist needs their head examined.

I have never thought Charlie Sykes is a constitutionalist, nor am I. And I still like listening to Mr. Sykes. Maybe some sour grapes going on here. A prominent poster on this forum was hungup on, called a bozo, called a hack and a few other things on the air by Mr. Sykes. My cite is WTMJ Charlies Sykes podcast on Thursday, June 9th, 3rd podcast.