• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB93 to be taken up by the House on 6/21 at 10:01am

Teej

My Representative, Amy Loudenbeck,45th Assembly District, will vote for passage. How do the rest of our reps line up?

Yes votes for SB93 As of 6-16, 10:42pm
Loudenbeck
Nass
August
Farrow
Meyer
Knodl
Litjens
Marklein
Ripp
Kramer
Pridemore
Krug
Vruwink
Kerkman

Well, the bill was cosponsored by the following (Deleted some names that I spotted in the list above)...I should hope they'll be voting yes....
Cosponsored by Representatives Mursau, Kleefisch, Kapenga, Kestell, Knilans, Knudson, Kooyenga, Kuglitsch, T. Larson, LeMahieu, Murtha, Rivard, Severson, Strachota, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt and Wynn

Grant Guess

I expect a party-line vote with some Dems scattered in the yah column, much like the senate. No worries there.

The amendments worry me and I think they will try damned hard to add increased training, drop hunters safety, etc.

The Milwaukee PD is putting together a video about training with 4 TV stations in the Milwaukee area. It deals with "police training', but the timing can be for only one reason. Look at the Milwaukee PD page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/milwaukeepolice

xenophon

I expect a party-line vote with some Dems scattered in the yah column, much like the senate. No worries there.

The amendments worry me and I think they will try damned hard to add increased training, drop hunters safety, etc.

The Milwaukee PD is putting together a video about training with 4 TV stations in the Milwaukee area. It deals with "police training', but the timing can be for only one reason. Look at the Milwaukee PD page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/milwaukeepolice

Don't worry too much. They know the Senate will be out till Fall, and they want to pass it as is. They don't have much of a leg to stand on to force amendments anyways. Heck, even the senate vote had Lena Taylor's vote from Milwaukee. I predict over 66 votes for aye, most likely closer to 70. As is.

apierce918

bahahaha, look how the reporter is holding the gun. they go through this training and they didnt even point out the basics?

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Well, the bill was cosponsored by the following (Deleted some names that I spotted in the list above)...I should hope they'll be voting yes....
Cosponsored by Representatives Mursau, Kleefisch, Kapenga, Kestell, Knilans, Knudson, Kooyenga, Kuglitsch, T. Larson, LeMahieu, Murtha, Rivard, Severson, Strachota, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt and Wynn
No "hopes" on this list. They don't get on unless they have told one of us that they are on board. Ask your Representative and let him/her know in no uncertain terms that you want this bill straight up with no more amendments.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

No "hopes" on this list. They don't get on unless they have told one of us that they are on board. Ask your Representative and let him/her know in no uncertain terms that you want this bill straight up with no more amendments.

That is true, the bill changed substantially since the 1st version was truly Constitutional Carry.

Peacekeeper

Just got back from a "town hall" meeting with Dick Spanbauer. He will vote for this bill. He is against a constitutional carry bill ... keeps on mentioning "wild west" and pressure from law enforcement to have permits and training.

XDFDE45

Just got back from a "town hall" meeting with Dick Spanbauer. He will vote for this bill. He is against a constitutional carry bill ... keeps on mentioning "wild west" and pressure from law enforcement to have permits and training.
Last I recall they are supposed to represent the people who elected them, not cave into pressure from LE :banghead:. And after all this time the whole "wild west" still gets brought up. I would have asked him for an example to back up his claim for the "wild west" comment.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Last I heard Law Enforcement worked for me too. When I care about what they want I'll ask them.

My Rep Steinbrink (D) sent me a legalese letter about a month ago in which he does not commit one way or the other.

What a surprise.

Last edited:

Peacekeeper

Last I recall they are supposed to represent the people who elected them, not cave into pressure from LE :banghead:. And after all this time the whole "wild west" still gets brought up. I would have asked him for an example to back up his claim for the "wild west" comment.

I hear ya! I asked for his views about "castle" vs. "stand your ground". He's for castle doctrine but again mentions "the wild west" for "stand your ground". I asked him if I had to let a thug rob me if I was walking down the street ... all he could do was grin sheepishly.

davegran

I hear ya! I asked for his views about "castle" vs. "stand your ground". He's for castle doctrine but again mentions "the wild west" for "stand your ground". I asked him if I had to let a thug rob me if I was walking down the street ... all he could do was grin sheepishly.
Florida's Stand Your Ground Statute Section 776.013
[SIZE=-1]"(3) [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."[/SIZE]
I hope you all are asking your legislators to include this language in AB69.

apierce918

A guy at work is going to owe me a soda. As soon as election results came in, I said concealed carry would pass this year, he said no way, not in his lifetime, too many liberals in madison and milwaukee. Bet a soda, and next week I get to reap the rewards:D

Have Gun - Will Carry

Last I heard Law Enforcement worked for me too. When I care about what they want I'll ask them.

My Rep Steinbrink (D) sent me a legalese letter about a month ago in which he does not commit one way or the other.

What a surprise.

Oh, you're in his district? Man, sorry about that...

Then you may not know about the history of concealed carry and your Representative (of his own interests) Steinbitch. Back in '06, he and Rep. Van Akkeren flipped their position and voted against overriding the Governor's veto of the PPA - after both of them had supported the bill every time they voted on it previously! So the override of Doyle's veto failed by ONE vote, thanks to Steinprick, otherwise we would have had concealed carry 5 years ago.

So now he won't answer you directly or commit one way or the other, eh? No surprise there - I'd be shocked if he did! But even if he did commit to supporting AR10, WI gun owners wouldn't believe a word of it until we actually see his vote recorded!

davegran

Slimeball detector clanging....

Then you may not know about the history of concealed carry and your Representative (of his own interests) Steinbitch. Back in '06, he and Rep. Van Akkeren flipped their position and voted against overriding the Governor's veto of the PPA - after both of them had supported the bill every time they voted on it previously! So the override of Doyle's veto failed by ONE vote, thanks to Steinprick, otherwise we would have had concealed carry 5 years ago.

If that is the way it went down, then why the hell are they still in office? They are the kind of two-faced slimeballs that need to be fired! :cuss:

logables

If that is the way it went down, then why the hell are they still in office? They are the kind of two-faced slimeballs that need to be fired! :cuss:

Terry Van Akkeren cannot be fired as he lost his Rep. seat in 2010. Rep. Steinbrink obviously is quite popular with his constituents since he has held office since 1996. The PPA issue evidently was not a big deal in Rep. Steinbrinks district.

BROKENSPROKET

So now he won't answer you directly or commit one way or the other, eh? No surprise there - I'd be shocked if he did! But even if he did commit to supporting AR10, WI gun owners wouldn't believe a word of it until we actually see his vote recorded!

Many people that I respect say they did us a favor. IF it passed it then, CCW would be a felony. IF the long goal is Constitutional Carry, we are better off with what we are getting kinow that if we got that 6 years ago.

Last edited: